• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kp-Wings

Interesting notes on XM

Rate this topic

Listening to XM radio during work today, I have to say it was quite interesting. Everybody that was on there wants Pronger suspended. So now it goes to show that not only Wings fans want Pronger suspended, pretty much everyone does.

Mike Bossy got real vocal about it. He said he lost all respect for the entire Anaheim Ducks team. He was pretty brash on the whole thing, and I definitly agree with him. Cam Stewart on hockey this mourning was also pretty mad about the whole thing, which I'm happy with. It's good to see these guys aren't sticking up for Pronger in this situation, kind of like some were with the whole Jamie McClennan incident.

Listening to XM radio during work today, I have to say it was quite interesting. Everybody that was on there wants Pronger suspended. So now it goes to show that not only Wings fans want Pronger suspended, pretty much everyone does.

Mike Bossy got real vocal about it. He said he lost all respect for the entire Anaheim Ducks team. He was pretty brash on the whole thing, and I definitly agree with him. Cam Stewart on hockey this mourning was also pretty mad about the whole thing, which I'm happy with. It's good to see these guys aren't sticking up for Pronger in this situation, kind of like some were with the whole Jamie McClennan incident.

yeah I heard Boss this morning. He was really upset about it. He said he lost all respect for the Ducks as a team. Can't wait to get in my car in an hour and listen to them on the way home.

As for all this talk about suspending Pronger, if they indeed do suspend him, when will we all know, I know sometime before tomorrows game, but will they take that long or whats the deal with that?

I haven't been reading much about it.

i think thats stupid to lose respect for the whole anaheim team

we have some of the most respectable players in the league like pahlsson and moen and andy mac

just ridiculous

its pronger that did the act not the ducks

As for all this talk about suspending Pronger, if they indeed do suspend him, when will we all know, I know sometime before tomorrows game, but will they take that long or whats the deal with that?

I haven't been reading much about it.

Probably by the end of the night I would think. They are having the hearing today.

we have some of the most respectable players in the league like pahlsson and moen and andy mac

just ridiculous

Well, that's what he said.

By the way, considering Moen is a fighter, how is he one of the most respectable players in the league? Unless he is some nice guy off the ice, I do not him in that catagory.

just ridiculous

Its more of the way the majority of the team has been playing this season, and these playoffs. If my memory is correct, they had the most majors, and misconducts, and all that jazz this season. So on a whole this ducks team has been somewhat dirty, of course you have your few players that are exculded out of this though.

Probably by the end of the night I would think. They are having the hearing today.

Ok , thanks a lot. I hope he gets suspended, that was just tottally uncalled for. He deserves to sit his ass out for a game or two.

Edited by Hockey13Playa

just ridiculous

i sort of agree...losing respect for the whole team is alittle over board but losing it for shlonger isn't. i really dislike him.

i sort of agree...losing respect for the whole team is alittle over board but losing it for shlonger isn't. i really dislike him.

I think he felt that him and Neids were going after him on purpose and that the Ducks were being sore losers. But I Agree you can't lump the whole team in there. unless it's the Flames.

I'm very surpised at the media backing up the Wings for once!

Yeah. The first two rounds no one gave the Wings respect and this round no one did either. So the media on their side is a surprise.

Edited by StevieY9802

what was bossy's take on the calgary incident? now that's something you could really blame an entire team about. that was really a prick move by the donger and he should and will be suspended for it. but i don't necessarily think that single play is entirely reflective of what ducks hockey is all about.

I don't have XM but I have Sirius and I head the NHL radio broadcast this morning. Ditto on there - universal on the Pronger suspension - at least that he *should* get it. I don't see how the NHL can ignore this since the overwhelming majority of the hockey world are calling for it. Hell, even Melrose criticized the Pronger hit - he wouldn't go so far as to call suspension - but you know he's rooting for the Ducks, so that's big from him.

what was bossy's take on the calgary incident? now that's something you could really blame an entire team about. that was really a prick move by the donger and he should and will be suspended for it. but i don't necessarily think that single play is entirely reflective of what ducks hockey is all about.

I think it does. Look at the two players involved. Both wear an 'A' on thier shoulder. They are the team leaders. Moreso than any other individulas, they represent what the team is all about. I still respect the Ducks talent, but I've lost respect for then as a team.

Guest bullocks

Holmstrom shouldn't have came back. He should have sat in the dressing room and milked that for the next 2 days. Giving no insight weather or not he was injured. Then Pronger would have gotten suspended for sure. Thats the only thing that will save him right now. I still see the NHL having some balls and using him as an example and throwing a game at him.

Edited by bullocks

just ridiculous

I lost respect for Chris Pronger a long time ago. He is a big, soft momma's boy who'd rather take a cheap shot and hurt a guy than drop the gloves and stand up for himself and his actions. I don't know if Todd's back is up to it, but I imagine he or Andreas Lilja will challenge Pronger at some point during game 5. Maybe Pronger has matured and will answer the bell, but I won't hold my breath. He'll likely duck under the "I'm too valuable to the team" excuse, if you will pardon my pun.

Pahlsson has played like the nasty little pest he is. I'm not going to say he's a bad guy, but I wouldn't call his playstyle respectable. McDonald ended up on top of Hasek, and used the opportunity to throw a couple of elbows at the head. Nothing that would do serious damage, but I wouldn't call it respectable.

I live in California and keep up to date on the Sharks and Ducks. As far as I can tell Travis Moen is a hard-working guy who will fight and stick up for his teammates. He doesn't talk crap. He doesn't play dirty. He plays hard on every shift and drops the gloves when he has to. Now that I do call respectable, and it's the kind of work ethic I'd take on my team any day.

There's no need to turn this series into a feud, because frankly the Wings don't have the fighters to match the Ducks if it were to come down to that, but I do think that Pronger should be held accountable on the ice as well. No dirty hits, no stickwork, just a challenge for a clean fight. Settle the score and get on with the series.

I heard Pronger's wife was suspended for one game as well... apparently she told Chris to make the hit. I would believe it, she also told him to move to SoCal after going to the finals in Edmonton. She wears the pants and he's a *****. Maybe Mrs. P hears good things about Florida and he'll be a Panther / Bolt next year. What a wipped, WIPPED, sad man.

Edited by pavyaz19

Guest Crymson

Well, Anaheim doesn't even have anything on the level of the lame-assed excuse that Calgary fans had ("running Kiprusoff"); that hit was utterly needless, and could not be justified even as retaliation in any way.

It was frustration, plain and simple. In the words of Darren Dregger, "The hit on Tomas Holmstrom in Game 3 of the Western Conference final was vicious because it was predicable."

I heard Mrs. Pronger was suspended for one game as well... apparently she told Chris to make the hit. I would believe it, she also told him to move to SoCal after going to the finals in Edmonton. She wears the pants and he's a *****. Maybe Mrs. P hears good things about Florida and he'll be a Panther / Bolt next year. What a wipped, WIPPED, sad man.

HAHAHAH!!!!

just ridiculous

How is macdonald a respectable player after he was laying on top of hasek and smacking him in the face in game 1? Thats not very professional or respectable. When i think respectable i think Yzerman or Lidstrom, Not someone that takes cheao shots and swings his fist at everything that can't see it coming...

For the most part, i think that Anaheim is just as nasty as the Flames were, they just haven't been pushed up against a wall yet. We've only seen a taste of the nastiness this team can project.

Also a good point made above that both people involved in that play had A's on their sweaters. What kind of example (at least on Prongers part) is that setting? I think Niedermayer was going in for a clean hit, as holmstrom fully expected a hit from Niedermayer. Homer had no way of seeing Pronger, not to mention Pronger intentionally lifted his arms up and used the full force of his upper body to slam Homers head into the glass. He actually hit a steel bar instead of glass...

For someone to make the conscious decision to use that kind of force and make one of the dirtiest kinds of hits displays something about his character. And for him to be wearing an A on his jersey says something about the kind of hockey team that would appoint that level of leadership to a goon who has no respect for the other players, or the game of hockey itself.

By the way, considering Moen is a fighter, how is he one of the most respectable players in the league? Unless he is some nice guy off the ice, I do not him in that catagory.

There are tough guys in the NHL who are among the most respected players in the league. They often are very nice guys off the ice, but they're also often great teammates and play their role with a lot of honor.

I listen to XM religiously, but I wasn't in the car to hear Bossy this morning. That seems a bit over the top, to lose respect for the whole team because of this, but it's his prerogative. Overall, I love XM's hockey talk. I'd pay the subscription price for XM Home Ice alone.

Guest Crymson

I lost respect for Chris Pronger a long time ago. He is a big, soft momma's boy who'd rather take a cheap shot and hurt a guy than drop the gloves and stand up for himself and his actions. I don't know if Todd's back is up to it, but I imagine he or Andreas Lilja will challenge Pronger at some point during game 5. Maybe Pronger has matured and will answer the bell, but I won't hold my breath. He'll likely duck under the "I'm too valuable to the team" excuse, if you will pardon my pun.

I lost respect for Chris Pronger when he spent 3.5 games of the 2002 WCSF attempting to knock out Stevie's knee. For this, he received a bum knee of his own from Yzerman; the difference was that Pronger was too much a ***** to play on his.

In any event, it the pinnacle of BAD to attempt to injure a man who was one of the best players on the ice despite a knee that doctors said couldn't be played on... a trooper like no other. Pronger is a disgusting little fool. Go play with your wife, *****.

There are tough guys in the NHL who are among the most respected players in the league. They often are very nice guys off the ice, but they're also often great teammates and play their role with a lot of honor.

I listen to XM religiously, but I wasn't in the car to hear Bossy this morning. That seems a bit over the top, to lose respect for the whole team because of this, but it's his prerogative. Overall, I love XM's hockey talk. I'd pay the subscription price for XM Home Ice alone.

If you have time, what's the XM package? Or anyone else. I have Sirius and I get the 2h NHL radio program daily (which is also online daily too), and all of the games. Subscripts are the same price I believe.

How is macdonald a respectable player after he was laying on top of hasek and smacking him in the face in game 1? Thats not very professional or respectable. When i think respectable i think Yzerman or Lidstrom, Not someone that takes cheao shots and swings his fist at everything that can't see it coming...

For the most part, i think that Anaheim is just as nasty as the Flames were, they just haven't been pushed up against a wall yet. We've only seen a taste of the nastiness this team can project.

Also a good point made above that both people involved in that play had A's on their sweaters. What kind of example (at least on Prongers part) is that setting? I think Niedermayer was going in for a clean hit, as holmstrom fully expected a hit from Niedermayer. Homer had no way of seeing Pronger, not to mention Pronger intentionally lifted his arms up and used the full force of his upper body to slam Homers head into the glass. He actually hit a steel bar instead of glass...

For someone to make the conscious decision to use that kind of force and make one of the dirtiest kinds of hits displays something about his character. And for him to be wearing an A on his jersey says something about the kind of hockey team that would appoint that level of leadership to a goon who has no respect for the other players, or the game of hockey itself.

There are guys on the wings that do the exact same thing. CHELIOS? Don't even get me started. You guys are really taking this anaheim is a dirty team thing way too far. Andy Mac dirty? LOL

If you have time, what's the XM package? Or anyone else. I have Sirius and I get the 2h NHL radio program daily (which is also online daily too), and all of the games. Subscripts are the same price I believe.

I pay $12.95 per month. You can get discounts if you subscribe for yearly or longer subscriptions.

There are guys on the wings that do the exact same thing. CHELIOS? Don't even get me started. You guys are really taking this anaheim is a dirty team thing way too far. Andy Mac dirty? LOL

When's the last time Chelios smashed a guy's head from behind into the glass? On the same note, do you honestly think Lidstrom would even consider such a dirty play? A high stick or interference call is a bit different than trying to take out the opposing team's top player.