• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kp-Wings

Interesting notes on XM

Rate this topic

Well, Anaheim doesn't even have anything on the level of the lame-assed excuse that Calgary fans had ("running Kiprusoff")

Ugh, don't remind me. I'll never forget the image of Kiprusoff, prone, helpless, just buried by Dirty Dan. Crying to see his wife one more time. Those finals moments are forever burned into my memory: "Oh, how I long to see her!" he wept, "And now, I die!"

A sad day for Red Wings fans everywhere.

Rest in peace, Miikka.

When's the last time Chelios smashed a guy's head from behind into the glass? On the same note, do you honestly think Lidstrom would even consider such a dirty play? A high stick or interference call is a bit different than trying to take out the opposing team's top player.

i don't think he/she was actually comparing cheli to pronger.

When's the last time Chelios smashed a guy's head from behind into the glass? On the same note, do you honestly think Lidstrom would even consider such a dirty play? A high stick or interference call is a bit different than trying to take out the opposing team's top player.

Chelios has always been known as a guy that played dirty. Chelios has laid plenty of hits similar to that,hes 100 years old afterall.

Chelios has always been known as a guy that played dirty. Chelios has laid plenty of hits similar to that,hes 100 years old afterall.

For example?

i don't think he/she was actually comparing cheli to pronger.

I'm just saying i can sit here and cherrypick situations in games where detroit players make questionable plays also. Its a high contact sport and things like that will happen regardless of intent but to start labeling the ducks team that way is ridiculous.

I'm not aware of Cheli's suspension record. Find me an incident where he got docked for a hit and fair enough. "Dirty" can mean alot of things. All teams have players like Maltby that get under guys skins (but i love him anyways). Other than Bertuzzi, and he wasn't a Wing at the time, I don't think any of our guys have thrown a cheap shot like the one Pronger did.

TWO WORDS Brian Propp. check out 88-9 and get back to me.

OK, there's one, you have anything from this century or that has relevance in this series?

OK, there's one, you have anything from this century or that has relevance in this series?

You asked me a question and i answered it with an illustration of his intent to injure someone and actually succeeding at it. I guess that would have relevance considering he [CHRIS CHELIOS] did it and you said for example. Thats a pretty damn good example from where i come from and don't try to tell me your a member of the chris chelios is a saint fan club. BTW i am merely pointing this out because the league isn't filled with choir boys and women its most definitely a mans sport,but to label all the ducks as a TEAM dirty well two can play that game. Andy Mac is by no means a dirty player and his feeble lil attempt at getting inside hasek's head was just that. If someone was intending to injure hasek they run him plain and simple.

TWO WORDS Brian Propp. check out 88-9 and get back to me.

Oh wow. Brian Propp hasn't been in the league for 13 years now, and what Chelios did happened over 17 years ago. Way to bring up a prehistoric incident that hasn't happened in a long time.

Besides, Chelios was a much different player back then. He wouldn't do anything of that extreme magintude now.

Pronger has always been a dirty *******. I remember a few years ago when he did a blindside elbow to the head of Andreas Johansson on Nashville. Johansson did nothing to him at all, and even if he did play for Nashville, was not a dirty player. Pronger has no excuse to do this kind of stuff. He just does it because he is such a ***** that he can't actually drop the gloves himself and fight.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

i think thats stupid to lose respect for the whole anaheim team

we have some of the most respectable players in the league like pahlsson and moen and andy mac

just ridiculous

its pronger that did the act not the ducks

Well they probably said that because the Ducks management and coaching staff didn't acknowledge the fact that it was a cheap hit. They disagreed with the suspension and don't think that Pronger did anything wrong which is frankly unbelievable coming from people with years of experience in the sport. That is pretty poor sportsmanship coming from management of a professional hockey club, because anybody that has seen that hit can easily say it was a cheap hit.

Sportscasters that have picked on and against Detroit all postseason have said the punishment fit the crime, it was blatant, it was obvious, there's not a question about it. Unless you ask Ducks management, which is sad. Its a big player to lose but he deserved it and the fact that they can't admit that as an organization is scary. Support is one thing, but blind support of something that was clearly an error of judgement is just stupidity.

So that is most likely why some people might say they have lost respect for the club, they probably don't mean every individual player in the locker room, but the way that the organization handled the punishment. To deny something that obvious is pretty incredible. It basically implies that they advocate that as acceptable behavior on the ice, which is a joke.

Edited by #19forPresident!

Well they probably said that because the Ducks management and coaching staff didn't acknowledge the fact that it was a cheap hit. They disagreed with the suspension and don't think that Pronger did anything wrong which is frankly unbelievable coming from people with years of experience in the sport. That is pretty poor sportsmanship coming from management of a professional hockey club, because anybody that has seen that hit can easily say it was a cheap hit.

Sportscasters that have picked on and against Detroit all postseason have said the punishment fit the crime, it was blatant, it was obvious, there's not a question about it. Unless you ask Ducks management, which is sad. Its a big player to lose but he deserved it and the fact that they can't admit that as an organization is scary. Support is one thing, but blind support of something that was clearly an error of judgement is just stupidity.

So that is most likely why some people might say they have lost respect for the club, they probably don't mean every individual player in the locker room, but the way that the organization handled the punishment. To deny something that obvious is pretty incredible. It basically implies that they advocate that as acceptable behavior on the ice, which is a joke.

Exactly.

I made the point in the "anaheim responds" thread, and i just want to touch on it really quick in this one. Brian Burke used to be the one to enforce these things and i think his attitude right now is an example of why everyone was shocked when the NHL actually laid down the law. Everyone was used to how it was handled when Burke was around, and i'm sure he's not the only guy, but he never helped. The fact that Burke can say that was a clean hit proves to me that he was incompetent at doing his job while being the NHL "Disciplinarian".

Not to mention with someone like Burke in the management in Anaheim, I think in a sense he enabled Pronger to make that hit. They put Pronger on a pedastal as a shining example of how to play and obviously at the least were unsuccessful at removing the dirtiness from his game. The fact that Pronger is a leader on this team and Brian Burke is a manager with their attitudes speaks volumes to me about the type of hockey team Anaheim is.

You asked me a question and i answered it with an illustration of his intent to injure someone and actually succeeding at it. I guess that would have relevance considering he [CHRIS CHELIOS] did it and you said for example. Thats a pretty damn good example from where i come from and don't try to tell me your a member of the chris chelios is a saint fan club. BTW i am merely pointing this out because the league isn't filled with choir boys and women its most definitely a mans sport,but to label all the ducks as a TEAM dirty well two can play that game. Andy Mac is by no means a dirty player and his feeble lil attempt at getting inside hasek's head was just that. If someone was intending to injure hasek they run him plain and simple.

You know what, you're right Andys punch at Hasek was by no means anything serious. But the main thing is, do you see the Red Wings ddoing that stupid s***, trying to send 'messages?' No, becuase their too classy, perhaps 3 cups in ten years illustrates that they know how to play hockey THE RIGHT WAY.

You know what, you're right Andys punch at Hasek was by no means anything serious. But the main thing is, do you see the Red Wings ddoing that stupid s***, trying to send 'messages?' No, becuase their too classy, perhaps 3 cups in ten years illustrates that they know how to play hockey THE RIGHT WAY.

Yes i see the red wings doing chippy things. You guys can't really think your team is all roses. And the andymac incident wasn't even mentioned on the broadcast,because that stuff happens all the time,its playoff hockey.

Oh wow. Brian Propp hasn't been in the league for 13 years now, and what Chelios did happened over 17 years ago. Way to bring up a prehistoric incident that hasn't happened in a long time.

Besides, Chelios was a much different player back then. He wouldn't do anything of that extreme magintude now.

Pronger has always been a dirty *******. I remember a few years ago when he did a blindside elbow to the head of Andreas Johansson on Nashville. Johansson did nothing to him at all, and even if he did play for Nashville, was not a dirty player. Pronger has no excuse to do this kind of stuff. He just does it because he is such a ***** that he can't actually drop the gloves himself and fight.

edited for grammar

Elbows get up its a part of the game,nobodys a saint in the NHL. I made my point i can cherrypick on players and paint a setting where they're less then revered. Doesn't matter when it happened,he clearly hit Propp with intent to injure and succeeded,that was my point. Chris Chelios is a great defenseman and i've respected his play since his inception with Montreal,but he gets chippy and plays with a nasty edge and sometimes even hurts guys. I made my point.

Zamboni your still here?

I thought you would have gone back to the your LA Kings sight by now.

Make sure you get the dust off of your Grets jersey, its gonna be a long summer.

I'll be here till the ducks hoist the cup in June. Never had a gretz jersey,i was sporting Savard jerseys back then. I guess a lil messaging back and forth is too much to ask? LOL And what is up with trying to scratch a guys eye out Cheli i thought you were a standup guy. Poor lil Dana Murzyn.

i think thats stupid to lose respect for the whole anaheim team

we have some of the most respectable players in the league like pahlsson and moen and andy mac

just ridiculous

its pronger that did the act not the ducks

I didn't hear the broadcast but maybe they lost respect for the team due to how they responded as a whole.

Once down 4-0 the ducks started marching to the penalty box for a variety of poor penalties and cheap shots.

For a team that is supposed to be one of the best in the NHL it was an embarassing way to respond to adversity.

The Pronger hit showed two players taking out their frustration on the other teams best player to that point. Pronger would have probably gotten away with the elbow if R.Neidermeyer had not run at Homer's back and hit him at the same time.

The Ducks have a chance to earn peoples respect back. They just have to play a clean hard game 4, or at least not lose their cool when they are being beaten by the better team.

GO WINGS!!!

Edited by tweekvp

FWIW, I got XM for Opie and Anthony, and loved the hockey part of it too. But since they were suspended on tuesday (and most likely fired), I, along with thousands of other people apparently, cancelled our subscriptions. And for every single person, they 1st offered a 30 day credit, then 2 or 3 months free, then 6 months half price, and to some people even 6 months free. So go ahead and call XM and tell them you want to cancel and they'll bend over backwards to keep you.

Please do it, I want to see that company suffer until they bring O&A back.

Guest nutz2u

Pronger is disgusting always has been and always will be as far as I'm concerned. 6'6" , 225lbs and plays like a spoiled 5' 2" 12 year old. Won't drop the gloves never challanges anyone face to face. It's always using his stick, hitting from behind, sucker punch or some other dirty deed. Never could stand Lindros for the same reason. Two of the biggest ******* to ever hit the ice. Pronger winning the Norris is an insult to the other players that have won it.

Guest nutz2u

Pronger is disgusting always has been and always will be as far as I'm concerned. 6'6" , 225lbs and plays like a spoiled 5' 2" 12 year old. Won't drop the gloves never challanges anyone face to face. It's always using his stick, hitting from behind, sucker punch or some other dirty deed. Never could stand Lindros for the same reason. Two of the biggest ******* to ever hit the ice. Pronger winning the Norris is an insult to the other players that have won it.

Holmstrom shouldn't have came back. He should have sat in the dressing room and milked that for the next 2 days. Giving no insight weather or not he was injured. Then Pronger would have gotten suspended for sure. Thats the only thing that will save him right now. I still see the NHL having some balls and using him as an example and throwing a game at him.

I'm glad he came back and played well. I thought it was a great move by the Wings to have him do so as well (at Homer's discretion of course).

Like Burke said, there are a number of teams in the league that would have sent him to a hospital in an ambulance trying to get a tough suspension. The Wings showed class and Homer showed heart by going back out there.

I'm proud of them.

I'm glad he came back and played well. I thought it was a great move by the Wings to have him do so as well (at Homer's discretion of course).

Like Burke said, there are a number of teams in the league that would have sent him to a hospital in an ambulance trying to get a tough suspension. The Wings showed class and Homer showed heart by going back out there.

I'm proud of them.

Burke said the Wings did the "honorable thing" and gave Homer the option to come back, if he wanted. At the same time, the whole Ducks organization was denying the obvious--that it wasn't a vicious run at Homer's head, absurdly saying "he was just finishing his check." Why not admit that he made a mistake and let his emotions get the best of him? He wouldn't have got any more of a suspension because everyone who saw it, knew exactly what it was, whether they admit it or not... Burke says one thing and does another...

Guest nutz2u

Does it insult him as well since he won it in 2000?

I was referring to him winning it in 2000.