• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

OFFICIAL: Pronger Suspended for Game 4

Rate this topic

I am sure the fans will be all full of piss and vinager come sunday afternoon... for Prongers first game back. It shall be a fun game to see!

Nice teamplay Pronger.

You really helped your teammates job to beat us now.

You must be a superhero in your teammates minds right now.

Edited by Henkka

Neider hit Homer from the front, and it was a clean hit, Pronger deseved the 5 min major and the game misconduct, plus the suspension. Pronger will get a nice welcome back in Detroit on Saturday.

we are lucky that Maltby's hit on Getzlaf has gone unanswered...

Niedermayer got the penalty for Charging. The guy took enough strides to get across half the rink before he hit Homer.

Guest bullocks

Too bad the coaches allowed Homer to return. With a 4-0 lead, they could've let him sit the rest of the game, say he may not be able to play game 4, and maybe Pronger would've gotten more.

i doubt he would have got more then one game anyways, unless holmstrom was seriously injured.

Glad to see that at least he GOT a suspension. Finally taking action against a big name player.

Now the Wings can go on and win game 4 with ease... the last times that Pronger got injured (especialliy that long period when he was out with the foot injury) the Ducks pretty much sucked, so its time to take advantage of the situation!

Edited by oilandwingsfan

Pronger should be held accountable on the ice as well. Todd or Andreas should issue a clean challenge next game at the Joe. Pronger got off easy for that intent to injure, it's time to make him pay like in the old days.

I think the biggest thing here is not so much the absence of Pronger, but the increased ice time that is gonna have to go to O'Donnell, Huskins, Dipenta, and, what? Jackman? With Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin chewing up 30 minutes a game each, thats a ton of minutes that are going to have to go to #4 O'Donell, who averages 20 minutes a game.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Am I the only one who this scares the s*** out of?

I mean it does make it harder for them to win, but they still are on their own ice. They can win this game, especially if we play like we did late in game two where it looks like we don't want to win.

Pronger will come back pissed and maybe be a huge difference maker. If we do not win this game they will bring the series back to Detroit with alot of momentum and a slim chance to win at home in game six.

Game 4 just became a must win IMO.

Pray people.

Naw I'm kind of worried too (well I always worry during the playoffs ;) ). They were completely out of sorts in game 3 - I hope this doesn't motivate them to "win one for Pronger". I just hope Giggy sucks again tomorrow. It's hard to tell. Of course getting Pronger out of the line up for a game is an advantage for the Wings - i just hope we play as well as we did last night. On the other hand, this is a good team, and if they play up to their capability, we could be in trouble in game 2. I like our chances here though - go Wings!

Glad to see that at least he GOT a suspension. Finally taking action against a big name player.

Now the Wings can go on and win game 4 with ease... the last times that Pronger got injured (especialliy that long period when he was out with the foot injury) the Ducks pretty much sucked, so its time to take advantage of the situation!

Good point. Id forgotten about that. Without Pronger the Ducks went from unstoppable to abysmal. However, I dont think thats going to happen again. They wont be as crappy as they were in the regular season without Pronger. This is the playoffs, and teams learn to adjust to adversity.

Then again, first Kunitz, then losing more than once in a series, now Pronger. I think its safe to say this is the first series where the Ducks have faced some serious adversity.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Guest Agalloch

Wings in 5! Wings in 5! hahaha jk

Why are you joking? Teams with goons never win (re: Calgary), and now that Pronger is gone for game four, the Ducks are without their best player. If we win game four, we go back home for game five. I don't see why Wings in five is out of the question.

I think the biggest thing here is not so much the absence of Pronger, but the increased ice time that is gonna have to go to O'Donnell, Huskins, Dipenta, and, what? Jackman? With Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin chewing up 30 minutes a game each, thats a ton of minutes that are going to have to go to #4 O'Donell, who averages 20 minutes a game.

Yup. The lower tier guys are, hopefully, going to be abused tomorrow.

Yup. That's the best thing in this. Richard Jackman or Aaron Rome will be in the lineup. I hope Jackman, he is really horrible in his own end, but can do something on the PP.

Nieder 30min

Beauche 30min

O'Donnel 25min

Huskins 15min

Dipenta 10min

Jackman 10min

Yup. That's the best thing in this. Richard Jackman or Aaron Rome will be in the lineup. I hope Jackman, he is really horrible in his own end, but can do something on the PP.

Nieder 30min

Beauche 30min

O'Donnel 25min

Huskins 15min

Dipenta 10min

Jackman 10min

Pronger's absence leaves a big hole in the defensive corps, and you really can't have a suitable replacement for a dman of that calibre. I say, have fun to the Ducks trying to fill the hole with Jackman/Huskins et al. Good luck with that. I've watched the Oilers try to fill the hole Pronger left too. Didn't work to well. Lol.

I think the suspension was warranted, and sends an important message from the league.

As for the effect it will have on the Ducks, I think some people are overestimating the significance of Detroit's chances in game 4. The Red Wings lost Mathieu Schneider in a game, went on to win it and haven't skipped a beat since. I know Schneider is no Chris Pronger, but it depleted an already thin defense corps. The Ducks have to pull together for one game, and they can probably do it. Think of the quality players Detroit did without in this postseason, and some of those losses were for multiple games. I'd love to think Anaheim's strapped blue line will be their downfall, but I wouldn't count on it. This isn't basketball, where one player can make or break a game. I hope it does, in this case, but I'm not holding my breath.

Colin Campbell looked between his legs today and discovered something incredible.

His testicles.

we are lucky that Maltby's hit on Getzlaf has gone unanswered...

Fortunately Ryan did not get clipped in the eye - close, dangerously so, but it did miss - but there wouldn't have been any discipline handed down for that. Perhaps a careless play by Maltby, but they don't give suspensions for carelessness. One needs only to look to last year's playoff, Justin Williams vs. Saku Koivu, to see that.

As for the effect it will have on the Ducks, I think some people are overestimating the significance of Detroit's chances in game 4. <snip>

Agreed. The Wings will win or lose Game 4 based on their own level of play, as well as Anaheim's. Pronger's absence won't come close to deciding the game despite the advantage it affords.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

A lot of folks have been looking for the video of this, I couldn't get it either but here is the article on the event.

"Detroit was on the power play when Pronger took a run at Yzerman at the point. Yzerman, who is need of knee surgery himself, lowered his hip into Pronger and making contact just above the knee.

"He stepped up at the blue-line and tried to hit me, and I saw him coming," Yzerman said. "I dumped the puck in and was just spinning out the way, trying to get out of the way and falling down.

"Unfortunately for Chris, he was coming at me and ran right into my rear end."

Unable to put any weight on his right leg, Pronger was forced to remain on the ice until there was a whistle, and he himself brought it about with a cross check on Luc Robitaille after he took a hack at Yzerman. But when the whistle finally blew and the penalty box door opened, Pronger went straight to the dresser room instead of the box. "

Thats when that Bastard blew out his ACL trying to take Yzermans knee out, He tried to end his career on that play. Thank god Stevie was smart enough to move. I have no respect for pronger and never will.