• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

OFFICIAL: Pronger Suspended for Game 4

Rate this topic

And Getzlaf could have gotten his eye poppped out

whats your point?

Look what you're comparing.

Pronger rammed Homer's head into the glass intentionally, whereas, Maltby wasn't even looking at Getzlaf when the high stick clipped him. In fact, if I do recall correctly it was Ryan who lifted up Kirk's stick in which it then clipped him.

What's the point? Intentionally vs. Accidentally. That's the point. Which in the end makes all the difference in the world. So please stop with your nonsense.

all I am saying is that most the time the big hits dont end up having the player hurt. its the little injuries that seem to get the players hurt for instance holmstrom took a hell of a hit and played later on in that game yet kunitz takes a small slash on the wrist and hes out for the series

Your main point has been thoroughly annihilated by my cohorts here, but one other thing that needs to be addressed... Kunitz hurt his hand deflecting a shot from, who else, Chris Pronger.

Funny that the biggest blow he's dealt in this series was to his own team and not the opposition...

all I am saying is that most the time the big hits dont end up having the player hurt. its the little injuries that seem to get the players hurt for instance holmstrom took a hell of a hit and played later on in that game yet kunitz takes a small slash on the wrist and hes out for the series

Actually.. all you're saying is.. umm.. nothing!! Kunitz wasn't slashed.. Maltby.. ahhhh.. nevermind. Not worth the time.

Guest jaytan

OK. I wasn't asking for it, but now that we have it, we absolutely need to take full advantage. All the pressure's on the Wings to win this game today, or the Ducks get a huge boost for Game 5.

As a sidenote, I had a dream about Game 4 last night. We got into a fight at the opening faceoff, and another one a little later. That's all I really remember. :lol:

...yet kunitz takes a small slash on the wrist and hes out for the series

You do realize that Kunitz's injury came from him blocking a Pronger point shot with his hand, right?

.... Right?

You do realize that Kunitz's injury came from him blocking a Pronger point shot with his hand, right?

.... Right?

Matt, why must you bog the argument down with accurate information? :lol:

Kunitz was injured in the final minutes of Game 1 on Friday night when he tried to deflect a slap shot off the stick of Chris Pronger into the Red Wings' net.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition...lines-pe-sports

Guest Don Corleone

Wooo hooo - just heard on the radio. I'm so glad the NHL had the balls to do it. I'm totally relieved - I never thought someone deserved a suspension more (well maybe Bert). F-You Pronger - let's go wings and kick their A$$ in game 4!

Now when will Buttman and the boys in the league office have the stones to do something about Chelios-thug and his Glenn Anderson-style stick work. Only one worse than those two was Detroit's own Vlad "The Impaler" Konstantinov.

Now when will Buttman and the boys in the league office have the stones to do something about Chelios-thug and his Glenn Anderson-style stick work. Only one worse than those two was Detroit's own Vlad "The Impaler" Konstantinov.

When Chellie is suspended by the league, by all means, let's discuss it. Until then..............

Dude , you are a complete and utter troll, the only time you ever post is with stupid comments like the one above for the sole purpose of starting a flame war. I suggest every one throws you on ignore ( which I am doing now ), so you can just disappear!

On another note related to the cheering for injuries thing. Who remembers when Pronger took that Mirinov slapper in the sternum at point blank range, collapsed to the ice and was without a pulse for a minute there in the 98 playoffs when he was with St. Louis? Our medical staff was at his side before the Blues own guys were even though he was on the opposing team. Our crowd cheered enthusiastically as he was taken concious from the ice. That's what Hockeytown is about.

Like it or not there was a sizable enough contingent in Anaheim to be easily heard who were clearly taking pleasure in an opposing players potentially serious injury. Just suck it up and do the right thing by condemning it. Pretending it was something it wasn't just hurts your credibility.

The Ducks lost Pronger for a decent stretch in the regular season (a month or so), and their record without him was at best mediocre. They lost their decisive lead in the Pacific - 14 points down to 4, leaving them with merely a lead.

This will be a big deal.

A "big hit." What planet are you from? I gotta say you must be jaded from being a Ducks fan, because thats not a "big hit" - thats a dirty hit, an illegal hit, a vicious hit, brutal hit. Take your pick. Those kind of things don't belong in the game and it really is a testament to the organization that is the Ducks when they slap an A on the jersey of a guy who has trouble respecting his fellow players.

Right. The hit May put on Lebda would be considered a big hit. Clean, legal, and nobody got hurt.

Like it or not there was a sizable enough contingent in Anaheim to be easily heard who were clearly taking pleasure in an opposing players potentially serious injury.

It wasn't a sizeable contingent, it was half the arena. I was there and it was completely disheartening.

It wasn't a sizeable contingent, it was half the arena. I was there and it was completely disheartening.

If that's the case then that is REALLY poor. I wasn't paying attention to the crowd due to yelling at the TV and being concerned about Homer at the time. The LA Times piece even did chide the fans for their bloodthirstiness.

What baffles me most about the reaction of some Duck fans to the incident is the lack of spleen against Pronger-- I mean, if one of our top Wings came unglued and subsequently took a game suspension in a hotly-contested conference final--one in which his presence on the ice could well be a deciding factor-- I would be severely PO'd at that Wing.

Pronger may be /strike that/ IS a very talented pro hockey player-- but where was the professionalism in all of this? the common sense? What we saw instead was a temper tantrum--granted, an extremely violent one, but ultimately completely pointless. He is paid extremely well to produce results, and he can't very well do that sitting on his arse while watching his beleaguered teammates try to make up for his absence on the ice.

Knowing that Holmstrom came out of it OK, in retrospect I'm nearly more offended by Pronger's utterly selfish lack of concern for the welfare of his team than the dirty hit in itself, and I completely don't understand why so many in Anaheim, from the GM on down, aren't busting him for it. If I were a Duck fan, and we should lose this game tonight, I'd be calling for his head on a pike at the entrance to the Ponda.

Burke does the right thing. He stands up for his own players, which is what he promises to do every season. While he doesn't approve of what they do, he sticks up for his players.

Yknow in your short time here, you sure irritate people quick.

In no way shape or form, would most, well at least the Wing fans I know, ever support Kenny Holland if he came out with boneheaded comments after one of our guys took off another teams player.

You're new around here, so you can take that with a grain of salt. But that type of s*** would NOT sit well with this organization, from Marion and Mike [our owners] on down ... Believe it!

Burke is a piece of s***, and that comment has nothing to do with the fact we're playing Anaheim. He was just as big an ******* in Vancouver. I bet a few dollars he ain't well liked around the league either. You can just tell - he's one nasty sob.

Supporting your guys has nothing to do with anything, when one of them cheapshots a guy and turns the focus away from winning the Stanley Cup. f*** Burke. f*** Pronger. This ain't new ground we're covering here.

Edited by motorcitykid