• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

OFFICIAL: Pronger Suspended for Game 4

Rate this topic

If Holmstrom hadn't returned it probably would've been longer. Good for the NHL. The Wings really have to take advantage of this. Good ol' Pronger staying disciplined when his team needs him most!

Guest bullocks

I don't think one game is enough,but at least he got something!

hagahaha, like they'd have the balls for anymore ;)

Well I was hoping for 2-3 games but at least it was something.

This is HUGE though, Anaheim just lost their #2 d-man and a guy who logs 30 min. for game 4; we MUST take advantage of his absence. We are a fatigued team so we must try to end this series in 5 or 6 if we hope to have a chance in the finals (if we get there).

Somewhere on a golf course... Jamie McClennan is saying WTF?!!!!!!

Hahah McClennan got HOSED!!!! 5 games... well not really since he only really got one game also....

Ah well.... Pronger must have used his teeth a bit to much for colins liking to get the one game.... I would have thought a BJ behind clothed doors was more than enough repayment for the hit last night.

Edited by OsGOD

pronger got what he deserved.

hopefully we can take advantage of this and put a strangle hold on the series. if we lose to a prongerless ducks team tomorrow night, we'll be in trouble come sunday.

:clap: Excellent job NHL! I called it earlier! lol if you don't believe me check my past posts :P

We can't waste game three, we've been given a gift! GO WINGS!

No offense, but this wasn't a "gift". Pronger got exactly what he deserved, a game off to think about what he did.

I'm glad the NHL finally got something right, but his suspension should be longer. This in no way punishes him just his team. When he raised his arm up and put it on the back of Homer's head to smear it across the glass it became intentional and should be treated as such. It's no different then McLennan trying to hit a home run on Franzen. To many times these so called "Stars" of the game get away with just a slap on the wrist. What is that saying for the sport and teaching young players.

Guest Crymson

TSN Breaking news...

Good, this has restored my faith in the NHL.

What about Rob Niedermayer?

A lot of folks have been looking for the video of this, I couldn't get it either but here is the article on the event.

"Detroit was on the power play when Pronger took a run at Yzerman at the point. Yzerman, who is need of knee surgery himself, lowered his hip into Pronger and making contact just above the knee.

"He stepped up at the blue-line and tried to hit me, and I saw him coming," Yzerman said. "I dumped the puck in and was just spinning out the way, trying to get out of the way and falling down.

"Unfortunately for Chris, he was coming at me and ran right into my rear end."

Unable to put any weight on his right leg, Pronger was forced to remain on the ice until there was a whistle, and he himself brought it about with a cross check on Luc Robitaille after he took a hack at Yzerman. But when the whistle finally blew and the penalty box door opened, Pronger went straight to the dresser room instead of the box. "

Good, this has restored my faith in the NHL.

What about Rob Niedermayer?

Prolly just what he got last night... NHL would never take 2 guys out from the same team for the same hit... :rolleyes: