• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aarond

Funniest comment from a Ducks fan

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if this is kosher or not, but I saw the following obnoxious comment on the Ducks forum:

So you let a goon like boogaard get away with three knees during a series when you know his intent was to injure but yet you are having a hearing for pronger on a questionable hit. The NHL should not give a suspension on this. Maybe they should start calling penalties on goalies that dont put there water bottle in the designated spot like hasek was doing last night.

To summarize, Pronger opening up Homer's forehead on a "questionable" hit from behind into the boards is not suspension worthy. Hasek's waterbottle is the real crime here.

:rolleyes:

This is almost as bad as another Duck fan saying the following:

Three Issues From The Game

1) With the Wings up 4-0, why was Hasek ******** (rhymes with witching) to a linesman (at 3.3 seconds left in the 2nd Period) and to a referee (at the end of the 2nd Period) on obviously some trivial play around him. That's called Hockey.

2) The Wings had a great game. They showed up to play, while the Ducks didn't. (Note: I'm a big Ducks fan that stayed to the end of the game before leaving the Honda Center.) Captain Scott wasn't his usual self at the very least. Good thing the Ducks nabbed one in Detroit already.

3) If there is any solace in this beating that was dealt this evening ... at least the Anaheim Ducks have better fans than the self-titled "Hockeytown" team. With a streak of 29 consecutive sell-outs now (and counting) ... "support" is not a word in the Detroit fan's vocabulary.

After I read number three I almost s*** myself because I forgot how stupid humans can be. I think our streak ended at 452 consecutive sellouts, and 19,000 something tickets sold is pretty damn close.

Edited by bruisebrother15

I'm not sure if this is kosher or not, but I saw the following obnoxious comment on the Ducks forum:

To summarize, Pronger opening up Homer's forehead on a "questionable" hit from behind into the boards is not suspension worthy. Hasek's waterbottle is the real crime here.

:rolleyes:

Well DUH! I'm suprised another official isn't stationed behind the goalie just to watch the water bottle, they should probably check what's in it too! :P

I've lost a ton of respect from the Ducks fan base because of this incident. Not blasting every fan but the fact that there are people showing support for a questionable elbow from behind to the head of a player into the boards who was already being nailed by another player is enough to sap credibility from anyone. Not too mention Pronger's done crap like this before.

I couldn't post this in the Suspend Pronger thread because it got locked...

I didn't get too excited about that. The way I look at it, the majority of fans at the Pond aren't extremely knowledgeable about the game. A lot of them probably go to hockey games just to see big hits and fights (in some markets, those get much louder cheers than great scoring chances or even goals). I don't think they were cheering, "YEEEEAH! HOLMSTROM'S INJURED! I HOPE HE GETS PARALYZED!", in some Philadelphia-esque manner. Initially, most of them were probably just pumped up from seeing a huge hit.

Actually quite a few of the fans at The Pond are extremely knowledgeable about hockey. That is because most the people in The Pond are tourist visiting Disneyland from Canada and northern U.S. states.

Last year scalpers in Edmonton were selling tickets for $500 a piece during the Western Conference Final. At the same time an Edmonton high school music band visiting Disneyland was able to walk up to the gate at game time and buy $39 seats.

It was funny because when I was watching the game on tv I could hear "Here we go Oilers, here we go!" and was wondering why there were so many Oiler fans in Anaheim.

LoL Hockeytown COULD SELL-OUT each and every game if our arena only held 17,400 like the ponda center does. Smaller venues making sellouts much easier to obtain.

The best part is that the only reason the Ducks sell out games is because of THE TONS OF RED WINGS FANS LIVING IN CALIFORNIA!!!

HAHAHA. An Anaheim fan was just on here the other day saying something like "30% of the people in the stands are usually Red Wings fans."

I saw a lot of empty seats last night.

i concur... lots of empty seats indeed. it was still sold out though. you just have these rich SoCal people that can eat the price if they don't feel like going to the game.

I just wanted to add another fun comments I saw on a Ducks forums:

"I thought the hit was clean and it doesn't help that Versus sounds like the unofficial Red Wings TV Network."

I'm sorry...Versus sounds like the unofficial Red Wings Tv Network? I don't think so. And if they sounded like that last night it's because we were the only ones doing anything interesting...lol...well, besides that "clean" hit on Homer.

Some fans are so blinded by their fandom.

There are two things that Pronger's hit was not: 1) clean 2) questionable. There's nothing questionable or clean or about it: it was dirty and illegal, no equivocations.

I just wanted to add another fun comments I saw on a Ducks forums:

"I thought the hit was clean and it doesn't help that Versus sounds like the unofficial Red Wings TV Network."

I'm sorry...Versus sounds like the unofficial Red Wings Tv Network? I don't think so. And if they sounded like that last night it's because we were the only ones doing anything interesting...lol...well, besides that "clean" hit on Homer.

vs definitely does not have a bias toward the wings. and besides, eddie olczyk is a dumbass.

Guest Crymson

Oh, I think the best were as follows:

Well for all you guys talkin about hockey this hit may very well change the series in either way and holmostrom is also a cheapshot chefhammond and if you ask any goalie in the Nhl they will tell you and i think its about time someone got him

Great hit, welcome to playoff hockey you babies. Hey this is hockey. If you expect to answer with winning and not a big hit or dropping the gloves, you lost the argument. In playoff hockey defense doesn't win championships, hitting does.

Clean hit..

Also, the Ducks are known for their physical play and intimidation, and the Red Wings are just the opposite... Holmstrom is just a pus*y

These guys clearly don't watch much hockey nor indeed know much about hockey.

Some good comments (especially the second one, which is going in my sig):

I'm a ducks fan and as much as I want them to win the cup, I think Pronger deserved to be suspended for the rest of the season. Hits like that have no place in hockey. Shame on you Pronger!

holmström is swedish steel.

I was at the game last night, and most of their fans are classless losers. Seriously, when the third goal was scored, the fans started pouring out. It was the 2nd period, barely half the game was over and because they were down 3, the fans decided to no longer to support the team that their supposedly "true fans of". You're supposed to support your team no matter what, not love them when their doing good and hate them when their doing bad.....to me, thats seriously disgusting and shows that most of these "fans" are just riding the bandwagon. Anyway, I'll be at tomorrow's game too

BTW, couldn't help posting this great comment from a duck "fan":

"I'm beginning to believe all the conspiracy theories on these boards about the NHL wanting Detroit to win. I still have hope like I said, but reality tells me we are done. I just hope we slightly injure (groin pulls, broken fingers, upper body injuries) the Red Wings enough, so several of there players have there season shut down and Ottowa or Buffalo wins. Am I being a poor sport!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope so. " -Goon

Edited by ShanahanMan

I try not to pay attention or give any merrit to Ducks fans, last night I was at the game and when Pronger made the hit on Homer it was a little disturbing how long the crowd cheered despit Homer laying motionless on the ice. Most the fans just go for the fighting/physcial play. Also most the fans boo every penalty called on the Ducks even if the penalty was the right call.

I try not to pay attention or give any merrit to Ducks fans, last night I was at the game and when Pronger made the hit on Homer it was a little disturbing how long the crowd cheered despit Homer laying motionless on the ice. Most the fans just go for the fighting/physcial play. Also most the fans boo every penalty called on the Ducks even if the penalty was the right call.

yep, noticed that too. Only time where Duck fans rose from their seats (besides when they left early) is when Homer gotta hit. I even heard fans screaming "kill him! kill him!" :thumbdown:

"I'm beginning to believe all the conspiracy theories on these boards about the NHL wanting Detroit to win. I still have hope like I said, but reality tells me we are done. I just hope we slightly injure (groin pulls, broken fingers, upper body injuries) the Red Wings enough, so several of there players have there season shut down and Ottowa or Buffalo wins. Am I being a poor sport!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope so. " -Goon

I like this one from TSN:

"The "new" NHL is about as credible as the WWE & NASCAR in terms of manipulating the outcomes. They should just cancel this series and get on with the Detroit - Ottawa series that the suits in Toronto wanted all along. No suspension for Alfredson, oh that's right he plays for a Canadian team. Now the NHL can share the ESPN headlines with the NBA for idiotic suspensions tonight. "

Do they hand out tin foil hats at the pond?

Hasek talking to the ref during the game was considered 'bitching'? I'm a goalie and I always ask the ref questions. I ask what the call was on each penalty and why it was called. I ask why play was halted. I ask them what would happen in certain areas (different senarios and when they'd blow their whistles). I tell them about crappy ice and tell them when the net is off it moorings, blah, blah, blah. It's not bitching, it's called being informed so you can better do your job.

Ducks fans are pissed, so they're gunna be making excuses. You'd do the same if you were in the same position.

Questions for the conspiracy theorists:

If there is a conspiracy to fix games in Toronto, then why didn’t the Rangers, a huge market team, get the benefit of the doubt in the close calls in that series against the Sabres, a small market team?

Why do Toronto, the largest hockey market IN THE WORLD, and Montreal, the second largest hockey market IN THE WORLD, have crappy teams?

Questions for the conspiracy theorists:

If there is a conspiracy to fix games in Toronto, then why didn’t the Rangers, a huge market team, get the benefit of the doubt in the close calls in that series against the Sabres, a small market team?

Why do Toronto, the largest hockey market IN THE WORLD, and Montreal, the second largest hockey market IN THE WORLD, have crappy teams?

Exchange rate? :)

Hasek talking to the ref during the game was considered 'bitching'? I'm a goalie and I always ask the ref questions. I ask what the call was on each penalty and why it was called. I ask why play was halted. I ask them what would happen in certain areas (different senarios and when they'd blow their whistles). I tell them about crappy ice and tell them when the net is off it moorings, blah, blah, blah. It's not bitching, it's called being informed so you can better do your job.

Ducks fans are pissed, so they're gunna be making excuses. You'd do the same if you were in the same position.

i believe hasek was actually questioning an intentional offsites call (i don't know for sure because i was at the game and i can only guess that this was the nature of the discussion), that had a faceoff come back into the detroit zone with like 3.3 seconds on the clock. the fans were bitching and moaning because they already felt that the ducks had an unfair amount of calls go against them in the game, and they probably assumed that hasek was lobying for another call.

still, i noticed that a lot of ducks fans were cheering after holmstrom was injured (and this was well after it was very clear that there was an injured player on the ice), calling for the ducks to start fights after the game was clearly decided, and throwing bottles and towels onto the ice surface during the game. not exactly a night to be proud of if you're a ducks fan.

i believe hasek was actually questioning an intentional offsites call (i don't know for sure because i was at the game and i can only guess that this was the nature of the discussion), that had a faceoff come back into the detroit zone with like 3.3 seconds on the clock. the fans were bitching and moaning because they already felt that the ducks had an unfair amount of calls go against them in the game, and they probably assumed that hasek was lobying for another call.

still, i noticed that a lot of ducks fans were cheering after holmstrom was injured (and this was well after it was very clear that there was an injured player on the ice), calling for the ducks to start fights after the game was clearly decided, and throwing bottles and towels onto the ice surface during the game. not exactly a night to be proud of if you're a ducks fan.

Which is why all I have to say is: "Huh? There was a Ducks game last night?"