• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Man-crushes Developing

Rate this topic

I officially have man-crushes on the following players:

Homer- 2 goals, 1 assist, 13 stitches. Man-crush status reached.

Dominator- regained his legendary name and status. Shut-out "top seed" in media's eyes. Man-crush status reached.

Adding to the existing Man-crushes of Cleary, Datsyuk, Z, Lidstrom, Lilja, and Franzen.

Close to man-crush status, confident they will be soon:

Bert- flukey goal last game, but a back-breaker to the Ducks. Throws his weight around and commands defensive attention from the Ducks.

Sammy- you still make mistakes, but you act like a BMF and that is always a + against the Ducks IMO.

Give the character guys some love people, stars don't win Cups, TEAMS do. This is the closest we have been to the 1997 Wings since the 97 Wings. GOOD VIBES!!!

only *** guys have man crushes.

What are you, 9?

How anybody could not have some serious man-love for this team, I dont know. If you look at the team on paper, youve got 4 stars - Hank, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Hasek. Anyone really isnt close. Gone are the days of Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, and Larionov on the same team. This is a team full of hard-working guys. The stars arent sitting back letting the 3rd/4th liners do all the dirty work, and the 3rd/4th liners arent leaving all the scoring to the top lines. Its been a while since weve seen this sort of attitude, and you gotta love it.

oh jeez I can see where this topic is headed....

:P

as for the orginal post and the man crush thing, I know what you mean. How can you not have love for these players, pretty much every redwing gives it there all and are playing amazing lately. Homer tops the charts for me, hes just so amazing in front of that net, and the velocity he brings to this hockey club. Hasek is doing splended if I might add. Posting a shutout last night, and his 2nd of the playoffs. Way to go, with the likes of datsyuk, and zetterberg adding in quite a bit. Lidstrom with the most points, and Sammy adding a little grit. Bertuzzi with the checks, and the goal drought finally snapped, I can see where you haave some man love, but in my case its all friendly

Well I am not a guy, but I think it's great this topic was made. Way to go, fellas!!

I remember after the hit Cleary made on Phaneuf that Matt said he wanted to have his baby. HAHA. By far the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I've always had a man-love crush on Tomas Holmstrom, he's far from the most talented guy on the ice, not fast, but he busts his a** off every second and still somehow produces. I see a lot of myself in him, at least when I was playing a lot of pickup basketball in college. I had some basketball savvy, but I was regularly playing against standard athletes in basketball or football, so the only way for me to contribute or keep up was to just be a pain in the a** on defense right in people's faces and dive and run through brick walls for the basketball and make the open jump shot every now and then.

I've recently gotten man-love crushes on Flipper and Samuelsson.

Not at all sure about a man-crush, but I'm pretty sure my wife is getting tired of me telling her exactly what Cleary just did during each game of this playoff run.

*imagines*

"There he was, alone, surrounded by five Flames... They'd fallen right into his trap!... next thing ya know Phaneuf doesn't remember what day it is, the score's 8-0, and Darryl Sutter's wearing a Red Wings jersey!"

Well I am not a guy, but I think it's great this topic was made. Way to go, fellas!!

I remember after the hit Cleary made on Phaneuf that Matt said he wanted to have his baby. HAHA. By far the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Quoted for emphasis!!

P.S. I'm not ashamed to say I have a man crush on a few unsung heroes on Detroit during these playoffs!

Man crushes go in the following order

1. Steve Yzerman, even if he's not playing do not care..... Greatest Hockey player of all time

2. Nick Lidstrom................ greatest defensemen to ever play the game

3. Hank Zetterberg, this guy is freaking awesome

4. Andreas Lilja, based solely on the fact that his nickname is "The Pain Train"

5. Franzen, takes a goal stick to the chest from the Flames then eliminates them

people will move in and out of the bottom two spots, but they will have to impress

honorable mention

Chelios

Dats

Cleary