• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Ducks respond on hit.....

Rate this topic

i'm so glad Pronger will have some time to get his golf clubs ready, he'd need them ready really soon...

I can't wait until Pronger has to face the fans at The Joe for Game 5. Everyone at the Arena will be on Pronger. If you have tickets enjoy, because it's going to be a fun night.

And I'm in Florida playing hockey. I had to go to Florida to play ice hockey :lol:

i'm sorry, but 'florida' and 'ice' shouldnt be in the same sentence much less about hockey either. though i'm a biased wisconsinite that wants a pro team there...but that's a topic for a different thread

I honestly didn't have have a big problem with what Burke said either. He saw it differently. He basically claims that Niedermayer's hit stopped Homer in a way that caused Pronger to hit his head. And he called the Wings and Babcock honorable several times for how they handled it and the fact that the Wings put Homer back in the game instead of milking it (like some fans here suggested).

can we get a little perspective here? I feel like it's piling on at this point.

Pronger threw a dirty hit. Everyone got pissed. Pronger got suspended. He doesn't deserve to die. Holmstrom seems okay. Let's play hockey.

Do you guys forget we have a few players that aren't exactly angels on the team?

I was as pissed as anyone when I actually saw the footage, but it's time to move on.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Burke made the statement more than once that it was the honorable to put the player back on the ice...rather than "packing him up" and sending him out [...to the hospial]. First of all, I'm very shocked that Holmer wasn't concussed after that hit and would think it would have probably have been in the best interest of Holmer's noggin to maybe at least sit out the rest of the game and maybe get checked out by a doctor.

I just don't see the "honor" in returning to the game. I see it as maybe on the irresponsible side, especially when dealing with a possible head injury. Most of the time when dealing with head injuries, we closely monitor patients. I understand hockey players have a history of re-attaching a limb ala Yzerman's knee or wanting to get back out there and not miss a shift but gosh, its the head!

Now maybe Holmers the exception, he stands in front of the net for a living with less protection than a goalie. And we may not always know what he is saying and attribute it to his accent...I don't know...

Can someone please shed some light on the topic?

If the Wings had instead taken Homer to a hospital, and played up the injury a bit (they had the game in hand, he wasn't really needed on the ice), the chances of a suspension would be greatly increased. Had the Wings taken that route, it's possible that Pronger would have gotten a longer suspension than the 1 game one that he received...

Edited by Vladinator

You're right, which is why I don't condemn you for being mad at Pronger ;) I know what it's like.

And you're right, I don't have to watch for my head, cuz I'm a goalie. They just sit on me. And I'm in Florida playing hockey. I had to go to Florida to play ice hockey :lol:

Where in Florida do they have bunny hockey? I'm in Ocala.

I honestly didn't have have a big problem with what Burke said either. He saw it differently. He basically claims that Niedermayer's hit stopped Homer in a way that caused Pronger to hit his head. And he called the Wings and Babcock honorable several times for how they handled it and the fact that the Wings put Homer back in the game instead of milking it (like some fans here suggested).

can we get a little perspective here? I feel like it's piling on at this point.

Pronger threw a dirty hit. Everyone got pissed. Pronger got suspended. He doesn't deserve to die. Holmstrom seems okay. Let's play hockey.

Do you guys forget we have a few players that aren't exactly angels on the team?

I was as pissed as anyone when I actually saw the footage, but it's time to move on.

amen!!!

neidermeyer's hit didn't cause holmstrom to shrink 7 inches. pronger was going for the head. it's all about intent and that bastard knew what he was doing.

i'm just surprised he didn't hurt a teammate in the process

Yeah, I should be clear, I think Burke's line of reasoning is total B.S. regarding neidermayer's hit forcing it. But I can't say I'm surprised he would have that stance.

Seriously, the league did the right thing here. One game seems appropriate for a bad, but apparently unintended, hit.

Now, if this were say Bertuzzi slamming Selanne into the boards, wouldn't our team & the fans here be predominantly supporting Bert?

Point is... justice is done. No need to bash on our visiting quack-fans for it.

In Brian Burke's comments, and the fact that he used to be the NHL "Disciplinarian" and he even points out that he was, I think that Burke perfectly illustrates what the problem with the NHL has been. If Burke was in his old position, no suspension would have been given. Everyone was shocked that the NHL "grew a pair" and is now handing out suspensions. I say good for the NHL that Burke isn't the one making those decisions and good for the game that he isn't making decisions. It is apperent he did a poor job of it when he was doing it the first time around and would still be doing a poor job.

Thankfully Brian Burke is not the decision maker on this and Colin Campbell is. It should also be illustrative that the entire panel was unanimous yet Burke still had the gall to come out and say that this was not a dirty hit.

He points out if you look at the hit from an angle where you can't see prongers arms push holmstroms face in the boards, it doesn't look that bad, so thats the angle they should have used... Because you can't see Pronger's arms!! How about look at the angle that shows his arms and you can clearly see how he made a punching of shoving motion with his arms, hands and elbows in order to blast holmstrom's face into the boards.

I'll say it again, Thank god that Burke isn't in a position to make these decisions.

Anybody else think Scott Niedermayer looked like a homeless person in that press conference?

Good Lord. Have you seen how half of the players left in the playoffs look with their beards?? Does the word "firecrotch" mean anything to you with your team of Euros??

Talk about not being on topic and not talking about hockey

Good Lord. Have you seen how half of the players left in the playoffs look with their beards?? Does the word "firecrotch" mean anything to you with your team of Euros??

Wow. Another European joke courtesy of another idiotic Ducks fan. Bravo!

In Brian Burke's comments, and the fact that he used to be the NHL "Disciplinarian" and he even points out that he was, I think that Burke perfectly illustrates what the problem with the NHL has been. If Burke was in his old position, no suspension would have been given. Everyone was shocked that the NHL "grew a pair" and is now handing out suspensions. I say good for the NHL that Burke isn't the one making those decisions and good for the game that he isn't making decisions. It is apperent he did a poor job of it when he was doing it the first time around and would still be doing a poor job.

Thankfully Brian Burke is not the decision maker on this and Colin Campbell is. It should also be illustrative that the entire panel was unanimous yet Burke still had the gall to come out and say that this was not a dirty hit.

He points out if you look at the hit from an angle where you can't see prongers arms push holmstroms face in the boards, it doesn't look that bad, so thats the angle they should have used... Because you can't see Pronger's arms!! How about look at the angle that shows his arms and you can clearly see how he made a punching of shoving motion with his arms, hands and elbows in order to blast holmstrom's face into the boards.

I'll say it again, Thank god that Burke isn't in a position to make these decisions.

100% agreed there. From his comments posted at http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207911&hubname=nhl, there wouldn't be any such thing as a suspension for a Candian player.

And I Quote:

Burke said Pronger ''was sour'' about the sanction.

''Chris Pronger is an elite player in our league,'' said Burke. ''He's a tough Canadian kid that plays the game the way we want to play. We don't approve of guys headhunting. We don't think that's what this was.

''The player had two cuts, both of which would have been covered by his helmet if it had been properly attached. I think it came off four times last night.''

Holmstrom laughed at Burke's suggestion he was partly to blame.

''Maybe I should do two straps up,'' he said. ''If you get hit really hard around the helmet, for sure your helmet is going to blow off.''

Burke argued the taller Pronger wasn't trying to hurt Holmstrom.

''If you watch the replay . his arms never go above his shoulders,'' said Burke. ''He's not headhunting there. He's six-foot-six hitting a guy who is six-foot-one. I think the blow was to the shoulders and rode up to the head when the player stopped.

What the hell does being Canadian have anything to do with it? I bet Grapes is saying the same tired s***.

I hope you are referring to the firecrotch Euros that beat your team 5-0 on their home ice. Does the word dominance mean anything to you?

Followed by another "idiotic [insert team name] fan" by you.

Knock it off. You've been warned before.

Why is this such a big deal to you? So Ducks can make bad cliche jokes and not have anything said to them?

He's not whining. He just wants to know why his brother got the penalty and Chris is the one being suspended. He's the Captain. He's allowed to do that.

He's either incredibly retarded or he's being a two year old suck. Any sane person knows that the refs made an error in judgement last night (wrong player penalized). What the hell does that have to do with the suspension?

NOTHING.

i've hated burke from the first 3 words i heard uttered from his mouth. he's one of those bitter, hateful old men who hate everything and "their side" can do no wrong. he's never wrong, and his team equally.

to hell with him.

yeah to hell with one of the best GM's in the league!!!

its not like he pulled off one of the best trades in NHL history getting Pronger for nothing basically and trading an old overpaid Feds for Beauchemin. Signing the biggest free agent defensemen in last 5 years

god i just hate that guy

Edited by justheducks

And to think, this is actually somebody's mom, lol :ph34r::huh:

yeah to hell with one of the best GM's in the league!!!

its not like he pulled off one of the best trades in NHL history getting Pronger for nothing basically and trading an old overpaid Feds for Beauchemin. Signing the biggest free agent defensemen in last 5 years

god i just hate that guy

Until Burke wins a cup, I refuse to give him any credit. His constant whining and bitching has gotten to me over the years.

well i figured everyone was talking so negitive about the ducks i figured i through in something good lol

:)

And on all the teams that this genius GM has built, what does he have to show for it besides a legacy of lineups of ill repute, suspended players and his defense thereof?

Edited by Stevie Y.

Why is this such a big deal to you? So Ducks can make bad cliche jokes and not have anything said to them?

Because once again, you're insulting a visiting fan from another team.

While I am perfectly aware of the fact that you're not the only one doing it in this thread and that, at times, such a response is "necessary" I've seen you do it multiple times throughout the playoffs. Enough is enough.

Edited by CopenhagenWing