• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

barry melrose

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

admitted he "underestimated the detroit red wings", and "underestimated the detroit red wings winning attitude"...don't jump on the band wagon plz :D

admitted he "underestimated the detroit red wings", and "underestimated the detroit red wings winning attitude"...don't jump on the band wagon plz :D

as long as Berry bandwagon Melrose is picking the Ducks the Wings have the series won

Guest bullocks

as long as Berry bandwagon Melrose is picking the Ducks the Wings have the series won

he went against detroit in every series so far; hence the topic.

Melrose is a moron. I hope he keeps his Wings hate up though, since it works in our favor.

QFT, the dude's just a ******* moron, he pisses me off every time he talks.

On a side note, they're showing Youngblood on Versus; I f***in love this movie.

Edited by SeeinRed

When was this said?

After Game 3 he was all "Oh I thought the Wings were going to get smoked tonight and bla bla bla." "The Ducks will find a way to deal with this" etc... and then right before Game 3 he says "I see the Ducks taking this series in 5."

I don't have a problem at all in that he picked against the Wings, but when he does it EVERY round and always says they don't have a chance it gets really old and it's just obvious that he blatantly hates them.

Guest bullocks

When was this said?

After Game 3 he was all "Oh I thought the Wings were going to get smoked tonight and bla bla bla." "The Ducks will find a way to deal with this" etc... and then right before Game 3 he says "I see the Ducks taking this series in 5."

I don't have a problem at all in that he picked against the Wings, but when he does it EVERY round and always says they don't have a chance it gets really old and it's just obvious that he blatantly hates them.

go on espn.com its on the game 4 preview...

Guest bullocks

Thank you.

i luv how ppl under estimate us just because we have kronwall and schneider out...and this might be a bit far fetched...but i think we've been playing tighter defensively since we lost schneider...and who would have thought lilja would step up for kronwall like he did...leads the team in blocked shots, and the league in hits...thats whut u need in the playoffs.

Ahh Barry Melrose...I'll always remember him from the glory days when he used to routinely fill his on-air segments by chanting Patrick Roy's name while beating off under the table. ESPN should've kicked his ass to the curb when they stopped carrying hockey. They have John Buccigross, let him do the TV analysis.

I agree, most the time Melrose saying dumb things and babels on about stuff.

But the video on ESPN about the league suspending Pronger for the Hit, He couldn't have been more right with what he said. He basically said Pronger, was trying to go after and hurt Homer and that the league made the right choice, and he also paid Homer some complements on his play as well. So from that video he seemed like less of a moron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/in...amp;catname=NHL

here is the link click on the Ducks' Chris Pronger Suspended 1 game video to watch his comments.

oh yeah and he did say he underestimated the Wings haha

IPB Image

Edited by WingNutt

Classic Melrose!

Deja Vu back to the 97 Finals when the Wings went back to Detroit up 2 games to none, and all of a sudden he said he knew the Wings would win it all along. Melrose jumps bandwagon's all the time.

QFT, the dude's just a ******* moron, he pisses me off every time he talks.

On a side note, they're showing Youngblood on Versus; I f***in love this movie.

Sidenote: I watched it last night as well. I've always liked that movie.

D*mn Racki, he got what he deserved! :D

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Another comment Melrose made last night that just further supports the fact that he is a brainless twit....

He was referring to player (can't remember who) going crazy, and he said "He's just like Jack Nicholson in Pyscho.."

Okay now wait just a damn minute you IDIOT, Anthony Hopkins was in Pyscho, Jack Nicholson was in The Shining, ugh! He is SO STUPID!!

D*mn Racki, he got what he deserved! :D

yeah... no kidding. to bad in real world things like that don't happen :)

anybody find this "white-red sweaters win over yellow ones" a coincidence? :D

Go Wings... err... I mean go Mustangs :)

Youngblood is classic!

Another comment Melrose made last night that just further supports the fact that he is a brainless twit....

He was referring to player (can't remember who) going crazy, and he said "He's just like Jack Nicholson in Pyscho.."

Okay now wait just a damn minute you IDIOT, Anthony Hopkins was in Pyscho, Jack Nicholson was in The Shining, ugh! He is SO STUPID!!

Uhh, Anthony Hopkins most certainly was not in Psycho. I'm sorry but I had to call you out since you just called out Mr. Melrose.

Melrose is basically just a big dumb guy with bad hair who loves hockey.

He says some incredibly stupid thing, but I can't help liking the guy, or at least respecting his passion for the game.

Agree. He runs hot and cold for me. Sometimes (like the Pronger incident) he's right on the money, bringing up Radulov's suspension early to set the table for the league to suspend Pronger IMO, and just his analytical skills in general are pretty good. I disagree with him sometimes but hey, can't agree with everyone all the time.

Him not picking the Wings all the time, for whatever reason, doesn't make him a crappy analyst. Most people didn't pick Detroit this year, and after the last couple of playoff outings, can you blame them?

esteef

I remember when he was talking about the best sweaters in the league and he said Detroit's was the best and then not even a week later right before they were going to broadcast a Leafs game he said the Leafs sweater was the best one in all of hockey. What a tool