• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 4 GDT (5/17): Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

Everyone settle down. We were 30 seconds from being down 3 to 1 against SJ. Now, we're just tied in a best of 3, but with home-ice advantage. I like the way we've played the last three games. Game 1 was our only bad one so far.

I hate to get on him, but did Hasek make ONE hard stop tonight? Story of the game. Wings do all they can to get it back and, well, you know.

Yeah, he finally had a less than good game. To me that means he'll be pissed and ready for Game 5.

Sucks to lose after playing well most of the game and blowing the great opportunity. Damn it all!

Still, 2-2 is not a bad place to be overall.....

Yep. Going oh-fer on the two 5 on 3's is what doomed us.

Not to sound like Brian Engblom, but if we could have scored on even one of those, this game would be a different story...

Oh well,series tied 2-2,im proud of the wings though they played a good,luck just wasn't on their side.....they WILL win game 5 though at the Joe :)

When did you become the team's ray of hope? Although, I do agree, and I like it :thumbup:

I still love our chances in a best of 3 with this team. If we lose the series, definitely point to tonight as the reason why though. Outshot them big-time, had 2 lonnnnnng 5 on 3s that we didn't capitalize on, and there's probably a couple Hasek would like to have back.

Fortunately, it means that Dom will more than likely have a great game on Sunday. And he's money in elimination games (either way). I still love our chances.

-Tim

Well said :thumbup:

I'm gonna go ahead and ***** about the refs a little here.

1st - What the f*** happened to interference? I thought there was a rule about not being allowed to do it or something. This is "playoff officiating" as we kind of hoped not to see. The only difference this year is it took until the conference finals for it to take effect.

2nd - There were numerous times in the last 10 minutes that the ducks should have been penalized. The hit from behind on Markov, a hold here, a hook there, whatever.

Yeah the refs suck balls like the have all playoffs, but the fact is we had the opportunity to absolutely obliterate the Ducks tonight, and for some reason it just was not meant to be I guess.

Oh well, Wings in 6. Let's go Wings!!

Guest jaytan

don't be fairweather, YG. You know as well as I do, Hasek did what he could as well.

Not quite.

It was his worst game of the playoffs, so I can't rip on him much, but we gave him enough goals and limited shots. Shouldn't have been like this.

He BETTER shut down Disney in Game Five.

Are you guys serious? "The Wings sat back" "Piss poor defensive performance"

COME ON. The Wings took it to the Ducks all game long. The Ducks had so many turn overs posts, misses by a couple of inches, it made my head ******* spin.

Told you.

In the end, Hasek lost us this game. It's alright though as he almost always rebounds with a great game afterwards. He'll lose you 1 but he'll win you 3.

I'm still not worried. Anaheim has almost no consistant scoring from anyone. The only forward on the Ducks that has proven productive is Getzlaf. Everyone else has been invisible.

The last 2 games we've totally dominated Anaheim 5-on-5 and outplayed them on special teams as well.

We will win the next 2. Detroit is getting stronger and stronger while the Ducks look frustrated. And how many times have we seen Norris candidates Neidermayer and Pronger get turned inside out? The last 2 games Filpulla has made Neidermayer his *****.

Agreed. Babcock even said the same about one team getting better while the other team gets worse. I never expected to win both in Anaheim, but the way we had a chance to win in every game (sans Game 1) is a good sign.

Yeah I know, but Jiggy played his best game so far so it makes it look that much worse.

Im shocked we lost. We played SO WELL.

Hasek and I are shocked that there was one shot on goal on the second 5 on 3, and not much more on the first 5 on 3, that's right TWO 5-3 and nothing to show for it. Honestly, unless you guys expect Dom to pitch a shut out every single night -- a tad unrealistic -- we are goners, I guess.

Since when can't Hasek have an off night, and expect someone else to show up to bail HIM out? Just wondering....

Hasek is DEFINITELY not the only one to blame but this was by FAR his worst game of the playoffs. If he keeps up this horrible play atleast we'll only have to see it for 2 more games. I definitely got a lot of confidence in Hasek tho, so i'm far from worried about it. We just NEED to take game 5 or we're out of it!

F*** all this talk about momentum...has anyone here seriously ever played hockey?? I've been on two state championship teams and trust me, momentum is all in your head. It may be a bigger thing in another sport, say Baseball where they play every single day, but I'm telling you - In hockey, when you have a day off, momentum is meaningless. Confidence however is a totally different subject. I'll agree with anyone who says the Ducks are the more confident team now going into game 5. But don't feed any of us more of this momentum crap.

Everyone settle down. We were 30 seconds from being down 3 to 1 against SJ. Now, we're just tied in a best of 3, but with home-ice advantage. I like the way we've played the last three games. Game 1 was our only bad one so far.

Agree and I like the way the Wings played hard to the last second.

I will say this was Hasek's worse game of the playoffs and that's largely why we lost, however I think we can all recall how he did after his last 4 goals against game.

Hasek and I are shocked that there was one shot on goal on the second 5 on 3, and not much more on the first 5 on 3, that's right TWO 5-3 and nothing to show for it. Honestly, unless you guys expect Dom to pitch a shut out every single night -- a tad unrealistic -- we are goners, I guess.

Since when can't Hasek have an off night, and expect someone else to show up to bail HIM out? Just wondering....

aww come on. The Wings had a few posts, some shots that missed by centimeters and 3 goals. Thats plenty to win you a game. I think there were 2 goals there that Dom couldve had.

Oh well, Game 5 has been our best all series.