• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 4 GDT (5/17): Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

The Wings landed a solid punch to the Ducks in Game 3, and now we have them on the ropes - don't let 'em off for a second! This is a perfect opportunity to land a devastating blow and take a commanding lead in the series. Based on their play thus far, the Wings will capitalize in Game 4. I think the Wings will win tonight in convincing fashion!

QFT!

i think what happened in game 3 is going to make a huge difference in the entire series.

boy, if the Wings take care of business of the Ducks tonight without Pronger, the Wings could take this series in 5 games (don't think ANYONE predicted that to happen)

but first things first boys !

lets go!

come on Hank

GO BOBBY!

:siren:

I think it'll be a tight one as Anaheim is really going to buckle down defensively. I look for them to clog the middle of the ice and I don't think we'll many, if any at all, long cross ice passes directly leading to goals like in game 3.

I'll go 3-1 Wings.

Detroit: Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Cleary (empty net)

Anaheim: McDonald

I never predict games, because I'm always wrong, but the good news is that I've yet to be wrong when presicting a series. I said Wings in 5 from the get go, and I stand by it! We'll kick them when they're down tonight, and then have a nice home victory and celebration for game 5!

GO WINGS!!!

I'm really pumped for tonights game. I think without Pronger the Ducks will lose confidence and we will end up with another big win. Go Wings Go !!!

Oh and if Dom keeps playing the way he has been then I'll be happy too...what a hero at this stage of the game :cool:

Well this will definitely be interesting.

No Fronger + More Space for Pavel and Hank + Fan support(I hope)=A great ol spanking

6-1 Wings

Even Hasek can't stop everything. :octo:

The Ducks are locked up coming into the decoys!!!!! Time to bag some ducks and win this game. Bring them back to the Joe and finish them off!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

Wings don't usually let the chance go by them. We usually come out very strong and very poised when delivering a knockout/critical blow.

Altough Ducks aren't easy foe by any stretch, the absence of Pronger will hurt them. This goon has been standing on blue line in game 1 & 2 and been neutralizing our attack into their zone countless times. (we did managed to dump the puck and go past him in game 3) Plus he has been a force during powerplay.

I have a very good feeling Wings will come out on top, it will take a lot of effort, sacrifice, and smart hockey but I expect to hear good news by the end of day.

Now I'm off to start my pre game rituals

GO WINGS!

Edited by Yemack

Wow, I love the positive vibe I'm feeling from the GDT today!

Ducks come out quacking, get a quick 2-0 lead. Dom bashes own head against wall in intermission-- shuts the door from then on. Wings roar back in the 2nd (when don't they, right?) and take it running away. Giggy pulled for the second consecutive game, Wings 5, Ducks 3.

Fortune cookie from lunch:

"Happy events will take place shortly in your home."

i wont be home til just before the game starts, so this MUST be good news. weird how my mind always manages to tie these mass produced fortunes into something that directly reflects an aspect of my life. :crazy:

just thought it was good kharma.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

I hope the veteran presence on this team can lead us in capitalizing on this great opportunity! We take this game and we've got 'em... I look forward to seeing how the Wings will exploit the absence of Pronger... Wings should have much less trouble penetrating the zone, they should have a hard time clearing guys away from the front of the net. We can't let up at all! GO WINGS!

I'll be there in three hours, and funny enough, I am going with a die-hard Red Wings fan (born in Detroit, and lurks on these boards). I'll be cheering my ass off, trying to drown out Detroit fans.

I wish the Wings would underestimate the Ducks as much as 90% of this board is.

It's do or die time for the Ducks and I expect the veterans to come out hard and the young guys to feed off of their energy. There is no way the Ducks can play as bad as they did in game 3 and it will be interesting to see the pairings we put out there to make up for the loss of Pronger. I would expect to see a lot of Scott N. This is where he needs to step up and prove why he is a Norris finalist.

I am nervous about this game but I don't think it will be 17-0 like a lot of you seem to think it will be.

Here's to a great and clean game 4!

Go Ducks!

The best way to take care of Prongerless Ducks is to hit them where it will hurt the most. On the scoreboard.

That said, I hope we can keep the momentum that we had the other night.

Ten steps up the ladder. Six to go. It's getting closer and closer. I'm feeling awfully good about this run.

Fortune cookie from lunch:

"Happy events will take place shortly in your home."

well, that does it for me! :P Did you order pressed duck for lunch, I hope??

I'll be there in three hours, and funny enough, I am going with a die-hard Red Wings fan (born in Detroit, and lurks on these boards). I'll be cheering my ass off, trying to drown out Detroit fans.

Good luck tonight, WW!

scene after the last game at the Ponda: :P j/k...

IPB Image

Edited by puckloo39

OK here is what they have to do:

A.) Be patent, play our game at the start.

B.) Wear down R. Niedermier (sp?) hit him, make him skate, and take long shifts

C.) Make Ric Jackman look stupid, Zetterberg, Flip, and Dats need to take him 1v1 and turn him inside out.

With these 3 things along with the usual shut down D we are good to go.

Repeat!!! 4-0 - Zetterberg, Flip, Bert, Lidstrom (in that order)

EDIT: Im too excited to form coherent sentences

Edited by CrossCheck24

I wish the Wings would underestimate the Ducks as much as 90% of this board is.

It's do or die time for the Ducks and I expect the veterans to come out hard and the young guys to feed off of their energy. There is no way the Ducks can play as bad as they did in game 3 and it will be interesting to see the pairings we put out there to make up for the loss of Pronger. I would expect to see a lot of Scott N. This is where he needs to step up and prove why he is a Norris finalist.

I am nervous about this game but I don't think it will be 17-0 like a lot of you seem to think it will be.

Here's to a great and clean game 4!

Go Ducks!

90%?? where did you get your info on that one..i think 90% of us still feel that the ducks are gonna be hard to beat.

17-0...more like 18-0 hahaha j/k

im staying with my wings winning 4-2 with an empty net goal

90%?? where did you get your info on that one..i think 90% of us still feel that the ducks are gonna be hard to beat.

17-0...more like 18-0 hahaha j/k

im staying with my wings winning 4-2 with an empty net goal

Ok I am sorry for making such a broad generalization but from the posts I have read it seems like this is going to be a cake walk tonight. There are a few people who are still concerned about tonight's game but it seems like the overall vibe is that the Ducks might as well not show up.