No registered users viewing this page.

regwinguofmfan

This is the Wing I miss most

Rate this topic

Doubt it would happen near as much if he was still around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THmZ1HoMoY...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcLTZ7pkd4...ted&search=

Im sure some of you feel the same.

I especially like the number done on our friend Playfair from Calgary.

damn, what a right hand kocur had!!! i'd love to have that on our team again.

See, cheap shots are a long way from being taken out of the game, unfortuneatley thats how it is. However, fighitng is something that should never be taken out. An Enfrocer is a legitimate position on the ice, they stop these things from happening. The reason Bettman wants to take fighting out is so the casual viewer won't see Hockey as a brutal sport, you know do away with the old joke, "I went to a fight, and a Hockey game broke out." However, looking at a hit like that I would think drives more casual fans away than a fight would. Furthermore, the people who are alway bitching about fighting in the NHL don't watch it. They only see things like the Pronger hit and the "Brawl in Hockeytown" on ESPN and think, "How barbaric."

But if you had an enforcer like Kocur or Probert people like Pronger or Tootoo or Perry would think twice before trhing to take a player like Homer out. I mean s***! Stevie Y was never on the ice without his personal bodygaurd Probert, and how many times did anyone get away with messing around with The Captain? Almost never.

Lastly, those people who look at fighting in the NHL and think, "How barbaric," don't grasp the concept of the enforcer, and to tell the truth, since they don't understand and are passing jugement, and only see one or two games a year or just some highlights on ESPN...I don't want them watching my sport. We have enough rabid fans to make up for the..."Well football is over, and baseball isn't on, so I guess I will watch Hockey." fans anyway.

I wish Jiri was still able to play. He was becoming an animal right before his medical condition starting acting up. He was hitting hard and sending people through glass. I would love to see Fischer send Pronger into some glass

I remember the years when we had Probert and Kocur together. That was awesome.

Enforcers were a huge part of the game back then. I mean no one in the league dare touch gretzky for fear of Semenko and Mcsorely.

I wish Jiri was still able to play. He was becoming an animal right before his medical condition starting acting up. He was hitting hard and sending people through glass. I would love to see Fischer send Pronger into some glass

Sigh..... so true, Fisch would have knocked pronger the F*@#$ out, or tried his damndest

And on the topic of the original post, Joey Kocur was a freakin gladiator, you didn't dare even think bad thoughts about his teamates around him.

Kocur would've ripped Pronger a new one. Also imaigne if Vladdy was still playing. Pronger would be eating out a straw right now. I'm sorry for being violent but when you try to injure one of our boys your open game for anything.

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91

Guest bullocks

i think lilja is turning out to be a jiri type player...big, but kinda slow...but can hit nice...i don't know if u agree with me on this. but i do remember when jiri first came on the scene and he was spose to be liek the next hatcher...he was sik.

Kocur didn't have to be on ice to be an intimidating force. Joel '*****' Quenville(sp) and a chair thrown to the surface, anyone?

I remember that game, 6-2 victory, and the zinger was the Blues netminder was none other than :unsure: Ozzie!

Man Kocur was pissed that game, he looked like he wanted to step out on the ice and beat all of them down one by one, starting with Quenneville :lol:

Kocur would've ripped Pronger a new one. Also imaigne if Vladdy was still playing. Pronger would be eating out a straw right now. I'm sorry for being violent but when you try to injure one of our boys your open game for anything.

No way does Pronger do it if Kocur and Vladdy are on the team. No way in hell.

I remember that game, 6-2 victory, and the zinger was the Blues netminder was none other than :unsure: Ozzie!

Man Kocur was pissed that game, he looked like he wanted to step out on the ice and beat all of them down one by one, starting with Quenneville :lol:

You could see fear in Quenneville's eyes as Joey was yelling at him, also noticed how the Blues were staying well away from the Wings bench. As Mickey Redmond says "That jackhammer will chip any type of cement" :lol:

You could see fear in Quenneville's eyes as Joey was yelling at him, also noticed how the Blues were staying well away from the Wings bench. As Mickey Redmond says "That jackhammer will chip any type of cement" :lol:

gotta love Mickey, that man is pure Badass. Bingo Bango!

i think lilja is turning out to be a jiri type player...big, but kinda slow...but can hit nice...i don't know if u agree with me on this. but i do remember when jiri first came on the scene and he was spose to be liek the next hatcher...he was sik.

Except Fisch wasn't slow. If I recall correctly he was the fastest wing in a team skills competition a few years back.

Guest jaytan

I wish we had both Bruise Bros back. Probert was always my favorite player. Remember when he went to the all-star game?

Edited by jaytan

Guest jaytan

This is not at all meant to be disrespectful toward a Wings great, but I must say I find it a little ironic that so many of you are talking about how great it would be to have Vlad the Impaler back in a topic that's related to how dirty a defenseman Chris Pronger is. I wish Vlad were still playing too, but you've got to admit that he was even dirtier than Pronger. Maybe the dirtiest player I've ever seen in a Wings uniform.

Edited by jaytan