• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

Lowering Ourselves

Rate this topic

Maybe this isn't my place to say, seeing as that I'm not a mod or part of the admin team, but I've noticed that a good amount of posters have been ripping a lot of the Ducks fans comments even when its not warranted. Maybe its the time of the year, maybe its the emotions that come with it, or maybe its just that peoples' patience have worn thin, but not every Ducks fan is going to be Samadelphia or Getzlaf15 (no offense Getzlaf15, because I know there were some points where you were posting and weren't taken seriously because of your earlier posts - partly your fault).

The point is, I've noticed that this board seems to be lowering itself to poor responses when Ducks fans post, even if they are just disagreeing with us Wings fans. I'm not about to call anyone out, but this site and its integrity mean a great deal to me, and lot of others. When I talk hockey this is the first place I go, and I hope it continues to be a great source of all around hockey knowledge. Having posters that are fans of other teams come here is what makes LGW so interesting, but when we respond to a differing view in regards to a *hockey* post in ways such as, "You're dumb!" or "LMAO :lol: " simply because you don't agree, it dulls the boards.

Of course there are those posters (I.E. Samadelphia) who are nothing more than just trolls, but in many people's emotional state due to where the Wings are, I fear some posters have started to trash all Ducks fans regardless of their individual post content.

Maybe this thread will be closed, maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I just want all Ducks fans (non-trolls) and the rest of the league's fans to feel welcome here, and continue to add their unique perspective here at LGW. Go easy on me Wings fans..........

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

NFM, dude.. didn't you start one of these "Kinder - Gentler" threads during the Sharks series too?

I don't know figures (probably posted somewhere), but it's pretty tough to corrale thousands of people into behaving. Maybe some of the Wings fans are taking the bait.. but you said it though: Emotions. They are running high now.. try and sift through the crap.

NFM, dude.. didn't you start one of these "Kinder - Gentler" threads during the Sharks series too?

I don't know figures (probably posted somewhere), but it's pretty tough to corrale thousands of people into behaving. Maybe some of the Wings fans are taking the bait.. but you said it though: Emotions. They are running high now.. try and sift through the crap.

Nope, that wasn't me. Practically every Sharks fan was great, except Samadelphia, and I thought the majority of the board treated them with a lot of respect. The Ducks fans currently, not so much.

nicely put.

respect opinions of others, even if you don´t like them.

Nope, that wasn't me. Practically every Sharks fan was great, except Samadelphia, and I thought the majority of the boards treated them with a lot of respect. The Ducks fans currently, not so much.

most Flames fans were pretty civilized, too, and I'd rather point to some Wings fans

as guilty of unnecessary "roughing" :) with Ducks fans... there are rather few here,

but except for one cocky guy who landed in my ignored list somewhere like his 3rd

post, they've been really OK.

truth being said, trolls are (still) rarity here and they appear only before the series

start to get lost in a day or two. what's most distracting here is IMHO some Wings

fans who, covering behind majority of fellow fans, yap against people who dare

to criticize the Wings. which at times ends with bashing fellow Wings ppl who

refuse to wear red glasses permanently on :)

Edited by akustyk

This is the confrence finals, not just any regular time of the year. Its bound to be like this. I dont blame Duck fans for being aholes as I support guys on my side to do the same! ITS A FREAKIN WAR, hockey was meant to be like this, this is not ballerina. WAKE UP ITS TIME!!!!!

Edited by Chaldean

This is the confrence finals, not just any regular time of the year. Its bound to be like this. I dont blame Duck fans for being aholes as I support guys on my side to do the same! ITS A FREAKIN WAR, hockey was meant to be like this, this is not ballerina. WAKE UP ITS TIME!!!!!

I didn't realize that responding to someone's post in ways that are actually hockey related was ballerina-like. I think you need to wake up. Trust me, I'm as tense and emotional as any Wing fan on this board. During the games, I'm wound tight as hell, and when the games over, all I think about is the upcoming one.

The point is, warranting dulling the boards during the WCF's just because this is "FREAKIN WAR" is dumb. If you're arguing to warrant people posting BS responses, I think you're the one who needs to be told, "WAKE UP ITS TIME!!!!!"

Maybe this isn't my place to say, seeing as that I'm not a mod or part of the admin team, but I've noticed that a good amount of posters have been ripping a lot of the Ducks fans comments even when its not warranted. Maybe its the time of the year, maybe its the emotions that come with it, or maybe its just that peoples' patience have worn thin, but not every Ducks fan is going to be Samadelphia or Getzlaf15 (no offense Getzlaf15, because I know there were some points where you were posting and weren't taking seriously because of your earlier posts - partly your fault).

The point is, I've noticed that this board seems to be lowering itself to poor responses when Ducks fans post, even if they are just disagreeing with us Wings fans. I'm not about to call anyone out, but this site and its integrity mean a great deal to me, and lot of others. When I talk hockey this is the first place I go, and I hope it continues to be a great source of all around hockey knowledge. Having posters that are fans of other teams come here is what makes LGW so interesting, but when we respond to a differing view in regards to a *hockey* post in ways such as, "You're dumb!" or "LMAO :lol: " simply because you don't agree, it dulls the boards.

Of course there are those posters (I.E. Samadelphia) who are nothing more than just trolls, but in many people's emotional state due to where the Wings are, I fear some posters have started to trash all Ducks fans regardless of their individual post content.

Maybe this thread will be closed, maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I just want all Ducks fans (non-trolls) and the rest of the league's fans to feel welcome here, and continue to add their unique perspective here at LGW.

Go easy on me Wings fans..........

no i agree with you on this..yes most did come on the boards hot but they were cooled off fast from the play of our team. now i have seen the same thing its like everytime a ducks fan posts it gets tore up and the poster is called names. i know we are better then that. we respect other teams and thier fans. we have always. we all should be hockey fans first then wings fans period.

oh and just to add. i have joined the allducks.com board and i know how it feels when you come in trying to be classy and talk hockey and all you get is crap for it. it doesn't feel good. just everyone lighten up alittle and we can still go for our team and have a great time doing it even with our ducks fans.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Right. Hockey is a war this time of year.

Except we're not the ones playing the game. We're the ones sitting on our asses yelling at the television and overanalyzing every single aspect of every game.

Holmstrom can take a double elbow to the back of the head and still be fairly diplomatic in post game interviews, seems like we should be able to discuss the games with Ducks fans without flaming each other.

I come here to talk hockey, not to trade insults like a jr. high student.

Maybe this isn't my place to say, seeing as that I'm not a mod or part of the admin team, but I've noticed that a good amount of posters have been ripping a lot of the Ducks fans comments even when its not warranted. Maybe its the time of the year, maybe its the emotions that come with it, or maybe its just that peoples' patience have worn thin, but not every Ducks fan is going to be Samadelphia or Getzlaf15 (no offense Getzlaf15, because I know there were some points where you were posting and weren't taken seriously because of your earlier posts - partly your fault).

Maybe this thread will be closed, maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I just want all Ducks fans (non-trolls) and the rest of the league's fans to feel welcome here, and continue to add their unique perspective here at LGW. Go easy on me Wings fans..........

While I'm not current on all the threads up right now, the only blatant trashing I have noticed is in regards to the Pronger incident, which is understandable I think.

While I'm not current on all the threads up right now, the only blatant trashing I have noticed is in regards to the Pronger incident, which is understandable I think.

The trashing I'm referring to is in regards to the posters that are Ducks fans, not Chris Pronger (he deserves what he got).

And no ill-will meant, but if you look at a good amount of the current threads you'll notice plenty of what I'm referring to.

The trashing I'm referring to is in regards to the posters that are Ducks fans, not Chris Pronger (he deserves what he got).

And no ill-will meant, but if you look at a good amount of the current threads you'll notice plenty of what I'm referring to.

Lets face it if you can't take any ribbing from a wings fan on a WINGS SITE,Then its time to go home. I haven't noticed any malicious intent,just jabs and pokes which is part of the nature of a hockey site. Let me have it people,abuse me i can take it. :)

Excellent point. Not only should this post not be deleted, it should maybe even be pinned to serve as a reminder that (minus the obvious trolls) all visitors to LGW are first and foremost hockey fans!

Considering the first rate organization that the Red Wings are, Wings fans should follow the example that our team has set.

I was thinking the same thing NFM25, I was thinking about it last night that we claim to be a great, friendly place to talk Hockey and I don't think we are really living up to that IMO.

Edited by Elshupacabra

I agree. NFM#25. While emotions are at a high now with this series and I wouldn't like anything more than to send the ducks to the golf course as quick as possible, this still doesn't warrant bashing of their fans. Hockey fans are very passionate fans and I respect them for being loyal to their team.

IMO, aside from Pronger....I like a lot of these duck players. They are quality players and combined together make a helluva team. I would rather cheer for them over the Kings or Sharks if I lived in Cali.

most of them had it coming. Besides, a little trash talk during the conference finals adds a little more electricity.

A little trash talk never hurt anyone. That's not what I'm referring to. I'm talking about when a Ducks fan posts against the majority (Wings fans) some of the replies are ridiculous insults and dull the boards.

I was thinking the same thing...have seen it in other threads and called it out and made a thread yesterday about keeping sight on the root issue in this Pronger deal...too bad they closed that one as I thought it was rather different than all the other Pronger threads...

Okay, now i get it.

Getzlaf15, I'm sorry man. *group hugs*

I'm not saying that either.

My point is, when we respond with comments like "Your Dumb!" when a Ducks fan has a differing view of their players, it makes us look like some of the posters on LetsGoBlues.com.

I completely agree here. I almost started this exact same thread yesterday but decided not to. I was reading a thread about the pronger suspension and people were ripping duckette (sp) even though he was agreeing that pronger should be suspended. I personally, enjoy reading posts from other perspectives. I don't always agree with them but as long as they're respectful, everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Edited by therock48880

Actually, what I meant was that a couple duck homers would get on the thread and make ridiculous statements, like Homer had it coming, or that it was a borderline illegal hit, or that Pronger shouldn't be at fault because he's too tall, and then LGWers would come back with trash talk.

most of them had it coming. Besides, a little trash talk during the conference finals adds a little more electricity.

The occasional good-natured ribbing (or "trash talking") can be a fun part of the LGW experience. However, it doesn't take much for it to go over into the category of flame war and name calling. One thing I really loved about the Sharks fans here is that they (for the most part) had a sense of humor and were here to talk hockey and get some enjoyment out of the rivalry without letting things get out of hand. :thumbup: Lately, though, a few threads have gotten ugly. A witty and classy retort will put a idiot poster in his place better than any name calling ever will.

Well since i have gotten here I have been ripped on more then half my comments. But there my opinions and if you were a diehard Ducks fan you would probably agree with majority of what i have said. I really could careless about what some of the jerks on here are saying ( and yes there are some! there on are every forum) Calling me a bandwagon fan when i have watched hockey for more of my life then most of the socalled "diehard wings fans" on here. It just seems like if you dont agree with alot of the people on here then you are wrong. And thats jsut ridiculous because i havent agreed with alot of the stuff said on here and im not coming off calling you a moron thats clueless about hockey and is a rich dumb socal bandwagoner.