• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

Lowering Ourselves

Rate this topic

I dislike pretty much everything about the Ducks (Yucks) organization, starting with Burke and working my way down the ranks. This series has done nothing to change my opinion. There are individual players there I like to watch. I wish some of them could escape to another team, much as I hope for relief for players I like who have been exiled to Phillie. :hehe:

But the fans are another matter. Aside from a couple of intractable bores who are looking for validation they won't find here, the other fans from Anaheim and all but one from the Sharks, are clearly knowledgeable and fun to talk to. It's a little much for opponents' fans to come here (it's a Red Wings site, ya'll!!) and expect us to agree that our players suck. Or that bad calls which cost us the game are appropriate. Or that blatant transgressions and attempts to injure our players should be allowed and applauded. That's just not reasonable. To post something like that isn't just airing an opinion, it's asking for long-time fans here to disagree with you. It's not ripping, if we disagree. You're simply not correct in our opinions.

I understand homerism. I am one myself when it comes to my boyz in the winged wheel sweaters. I don't post on other boards, however. If anyone comes here and posts decent comments and wants to discuss, you won't find a better place than LGW, anywhere.

I dislike pretty much everything about the Ducks (Yucks) organization, starting with Burke and working my way down the ranks. This series has done nothing to change my opinion. There are individual players there I like to watch. I wish some of them could escape to another team, much as I hope for relief for players I like who have been exiled to Phillie. :hehe:

But the fans are another matter. Aside from a couple of intractable bores who are looking for validation they won't find here, the other fans from Anaheim and all but one from the Sharks, are clearly knowledgeable and fun to talk to. It's a little much for opponents' fans to come here (it's a Red Wings site, ya'll!!) and expect us to agree that our players suck. Or that bad calls which cost us the game are appropriate. Or that blatant transgressions and attempts to injure our players should be allowed and applauded. That's just not reasonable. To post something like that isn't just airing an opinion, it's asking for long-time fans here to disagree with you. It's not ripping, if we disagree. You're simply not correct in our opinions.

I understand homerism. I am one myself when it comes to my boyz in the winged wheel sweaters. I don't post on other boards, however. If anyone comes here and posts decent comments and wants to discuss, you won't find a better place than LGW, anywhere.

Thanks, Loo! I forgot to make that point in my post ;)

^^Precisely why I came here post. After Game 3, I witnessed a ton of Red Wings fans, and not one of them came up to me and said "you guys suck!" as Minnesota and Vancouver fans loved to do. Detroit fans do not showboat, and respect other teams to the point that they don't blurt out stupid comments after the game. This is after we got blown out too. That deserves a commendation. :clap:

^^Precisely why I came here post. After Game 3, I witnessed a ton of Red Wings fans, and not one of them came up to me and said "you guys suck!" as Minnesota and Vancouver fans loved to do. Detroit fans do not showboat, and respect other teams to the point that they don't blurt out stupid comments after the game. This is after we got blown out too. That deserves a commendation. :clap:

This is the reputation I'm very proud of as a Wings fan, and LGW is another WIngs hot-spot to show this same respect.

Their should be an * excepting justtheducks from this thread. I dont think any poster - even samadelphia - got under my skin as much as this guy does and Ill be the first to admit hes brought out the worst in me. I apologize about that to the board and its members, but I simply cant extend an apology to justtheducks.

Maybe this isn't my place to say, seeing as that I'm not a mod or part of the admin team, but I've noticed that a good amount of posters have been ripping a lot of the Ducks fans comments even when its not warranted. Maybe its the time of the year, maybe its the emotions that come with it, or maybe its just that peoples' patience have worn thin, but not every Ducks fan is going to be Samadelphia or Getzlaf15 (no offense Getzlaf15, because I know there were some points where you were posting and weren't taken seriously because of your earlier posts - partly your fault).

The point is, I've noticed that this board seems to be lowering itself to poor responses when Ducks fans post, even if they are just disagreeing with us Wings fans. I'm not about to call anyone out, but this site and its integrity mean a great deal to me, and lot of others. When I talk hockey this is the first place I go, and I hope it continues to be a great source of all around hockey knowledge. Having posters that are fans of other teams come here is what makes LGW so interesting, but when we respond to a differing view in regards to a *hockey* post in ways such as, "You're dumb!" or "LMAO :lol: " simply because you don't agree, it dulls the boards.

Of course there are those posters (I.E. Samadelphia) who are nothing more than just trolls, but in many people's emotional state due to where the Wings are, I fear some posters have started to trash all Ducks fans regardless of their individual post content.

Maybe this thread will be closed, maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I just want all Ducks fans (non-trolls) and the rest of the league's fans to feel welcome here, and continue to add their unique perspective here at LGW. Go easy on me Wings fans..........

Edit: Spelling

:clap: Great post / Topic starter NFM :thumbup: , There's nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing between fan's come Playoff time. But a few guy's take it to far . It really annoy's me when some of the Wings fan's lower themself's and take the bait from the very few troll's that we have on here.

Their should be an * excepting justtheducks from this thread. I dont think any poster - even samadelphia - got under my skin as much as this guy does and Ill be the first to admit hes brought out the worst in me. I apologize about that to the board and its members, but I simply cant extend an apology to justtheducks.

No one's asking you to. That wasn't why I started this thread. People that troll get no sympathy from me. Its the ones that are posting valid hockey conversation that deserve the respect I'm talking about.

Remember, it's not "justtheducks" it's "justheducks"... So I think, indirectly maybe, he's a closet Wings fan...

I mean, his name, in a roundabout way, means "Roasted Duck sitting in it's own juice."

idk if this new member post was kinda directed at me, but if it was, I apologize as well.

I wasn't directing my post at any one person. And I don't know if you are in the group that I specified. I don't pay attention to names much, especially if they're new and haven't been around long enough for me to remember names.....unless they are truly annoying. So if I don't remember your name and you're new, it's probably a good thing :P

Im saying all you guys out there think that people in socal dont know hockey and thats the farthest from the truth.

I would have to be classified as "all you guys" since I've been a Wing's fan for life. I never once said or insinuated that socal hockey fans know nothing about hockey. To the contrary, Puckloo says hockey fans in San Jose and Anaheim are quite loyal and logical and I have no reason to doubt anything she says. It seems to me like your goal on this site is to come and start arguments. You might find a few takers for your arguing but you'd probably have more luck at another website. A great one for arguing is calgarypuck.com. :D

I would have to be classified as "all you guys" since I've been a Wing's fan for life. I never once said or insinuated that socal hockey fans know nothing about hockey. To the contrary, Puckloo says hockey fans in San Jose and Anaheim are quite loyal and logical and I have no reason to doubt anything she says. It seems to me like your goal on this site is to come and start arguments. You might find a few takers for your arguing but you'd probably have more luck at another website. A great one for arguing is calgarypuck.com. :D

it is true, I found Sharks fans to be very intelligent and fair over the 5 years or so I saw the Ducks at least 10-12 times a season. SJ fans love their team as much as we do the Wings.

I only know one Anaheim fan, so I can't make a judgement based on that sample. The King fan (again, singular) I know personally is also very knowledgeable, but I rarely talk to him in the post-season. :lol:

Edited by puckloo39

I jus think the pronger incident stirred some stuff up, wrinkled some feathers if you know what I mean? I mean really do wings fans really want to hear that the ducks got a raw deal because of the suspension? I think not and more than likely 99% thinks it just. Its just debating, But I agree with you on the name callling and stuff. There not dumb or morons, There just duck fans.

Remember, it's not "justtheducks" it's "justheducks"... So I think, indirectly maybe, he's a closet Wings fan...

I mean, his name, in a roundabout way, means "Roasted Duck sitting in it's own juice."

haha

its only cause i changed hte name after the ducks dropped the "Mighty" and people were calling them the Mighty Ducks still so i figured i changed my name to just the ducks

just a friendly reminder that we are not owned by disney

:)

:)

deffently no need for any apology man were just on 2 sides of teh spectrum

ast least you like hockey and we disagree on puck not whether hockey is the best sport ever because we all know it is !!

I agree. I will not apologize to anything I said to that guy. He is a troll beyond trolls.

If I offended any other Ducks fan, who is a respectable poster, then I'm sorry. It's usually not my nature, but since the trolls came to this forum I've became noticably meaner at times. Heh, some of these guys are just so annoying, like justheducks. I'll try and calm down about it though.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that NFM, you are a classy guy for posting this topic. It is a good reminder to some, like me, that probably should tone it down more.

Edited by Kp-Wings

DIEHARD FAN HUH.I used to go to games at the old Olyimpia stadium on Grandriver back before helmets and pads.I've been a hockey junkie all my life.But hey I,m not bragging.

When the internet came allong it made things more interesting and fun,I love it when we can all get to gether and tell our stories,it's great and we should not abuse it or each other.

I was not even alive when the Olyimpia was around. :huh:

Yeah but those guys are ignorant. The Ducks are a great team they finished at our heels for a reason. For us to say "the Ducks suck" is absolutely ridiculous. They made to the WCF for a reason. Thanks for giving us some credit in an area in which us WIngs fans are very good. I have said this many times before, Wings fans have a lot of class due to them watching Steve Yzerman for 20 plus years.

NFM is my best friend. I really appreciate him and this post! I hope that my dry remarks weren't taken in an insulting manner. The only time I would imagine myself being rude is when we get on the topic of insulting Giguere (I get enough of that from my teammates) I hope that we can all start out new and that people here can realize not all Ducks fans are like justheducks.

I was not even alive when the Olyimpia was around. :huh:

Yeah but those guys are ignorant. The Ducks are a great team they finished at our heels for a reason. For us to say "the Ducks suck" is absolutely ridiculous. They made to the WCF for a reason. Thanks for giving us some credit in an area in which us WIngs fans are very good. I have said this many times before, Wings fans have a lot of class due to them watching Steve Yzerman for 20 plus years.

"lolz" of the hour. The Olympia is indeed only a legend, a thought, an idea in my head too :P

In terms of skill it really was either the Ducks or the Canucks to look strong finishing the season, but considering the way the playoffs have went... we've really gotten a bit of a "real run" with who we've played.

These were all top teams for us, whether or not Calgary ought have been a real threat to anyone else.

Edited by Flip-check