• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

question about SCF scheduling..

Rate this topic

If the WCF series ends earlier than 7 games. When would the potential game 1 of the SCF happen?

Would they still wait until 2 days after the scheduled WCF G7?

Also, barring some miracle on ice by Buffalo in the East, the West will be given home ice first no matter who wins (DET/ANA) due to having a better finish than OTT, correct? 113/110 vs. 105.

May 26th is the date I think would be SCF G1. Is this correct?

If the WCF series ends earlier than 7 games. When would the potential game 1 of the SCF happen?

Would they still wait until 2 days after the scheduled WCF G7?

Also, barring some miracle on ice by Buffalo in the East, the West will be given home ice first no matter who wins (DET/ANA) due to having a better finish than OTT, correct? 113/110 vs. 105.

May 26th is the date I think would be SCF G1. Is this correct?

I don't ever recall the league starting the next round early due to the fact that each series had been completed ahead of schedule. Generally the next round of the playoffs does begin a day or two after the final scheduled game of the previous round. Keep in mind that if the DET/SJ series had gone to 7 games, they would have played Wednesday, and game 1 of the ECF's was played the next day (Thursday). Obviously the WC winner of that round was scheduled to get two days off, but it might be different for the SCF's since its the final series, and (in your scenario) given that the series doesn't go 7 games. Even still, the ealiest I can see game 1 of the SCF's being played is next Friday the 25th. Whoever wins the DET/ANA series deserves the break they were scheduled to get regardless of the outcome of the ECF's. That being said, the ECF's are still alive and well and headed back to Buffalo. I'm just saying that a game 6 in that series isn't completely that big a stretch.

Addition: Yes, the Western Conference has home-ice advantage for the SCF's regardless of who wins this round, given the fact that Ottawa moves on. If Buffalo moves on they'll have home-ice advantage against either DET or ANA.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

WCF G7 would be scheduled for 5/24. So, wouldn't that make it 5/26 as the earliest?

Even still, the ealiest I can see game 1 of the SCF's being played is next Friday the 25th. Whoever wins the DET/ANA series deserves the break they were scheduled to get regardless of the outcome of the ECF's.

WCF G7 would be scheduled for 5/24. So, wouldn't that make it 5/26 as the earliest?

Yes, but as I said, given the scenario that *you gave*, the earliest I could see them schedule a game would be Friday May 25th. As you stated, it should be 2 days after the final game of the round, but if what you said transpires and both series' end early, Friday the 25th might not be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Even still, I would think the league would want to open the SCF's on a Saturday as opposed to a Friday.