• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StevieBoy

Anaheim stats with/without Pronger

Rate this topic

I don't know if these were posted yet. I did a quick search around and didn't see them.

Anaheim’s record with Pronger available for 60 minutes: 38-11-19, 85 points in 58 games, a 120-point-season pace

Anaheim’s record without Pronger available for 60 minutes: 6-8-3, 15 points in 17 games, a 72-point-season pace

Hmmm... I wonder how our record would be without Lidstrom? I bet it would be pretty comparable. Its amazing how a forward or two missing is nothing like a Defencemen out. Just goes to show how much our D has stepped up this years playoffs.

I think we won both games that Nicklas Lidstrom was absent from.

Oh great, I can already see all the Ducks fans crying if we win it tonight. My bet this will be their next excuse for losing (((if in fact, we win)))

If the ducks win i quiver to think how many excuses i am gonna hear. :D

I'm actually expecting a strong game from the Ducks tonight. Sometimes when a team loses one of its stalwarts, especially in a high stakes situation like this, the team as a whole actually winds up playing better in his absence because every guy realizes that he has to pick up the slack to make up for the missing piece. So don't expect tonight's game to be easy.

Oh great, I can already see all the Ducks fans crying if we win it tonight. My bet this will be their next excuse for losing (((if in fact, we win)))

Losing Kunitz wasnt an excuse in game 3. IF we happen to go down at home twice in a row, Pronger wont be an excuse FROM ME. I know what we have on this team and what they can do. I know their talent and their drive. I give Babcock credit for a tremendous game plan and knowing his former goalies tendencies and weaknesses. I give the Wings props for executing and rolling the lines to perfection.

Now it is up to the Ducks to counter. Will Randy be able to counter? Will the Ducks be able to execute the counter plan? That we will find out in 8 1/2 hours.

Tape to tape passes executed beautifully ran circles around our D and found Jiggs out of position giving up 3 goals on 13 shots. When Bryz got in, he didnt get much help either. I know the Ducks were guilty of being half retarded spending over 1/2 the game in the box. They killed themselves by taking so many penalties and wearing down. I think they got lazy taking the fact they were at home, outplayed Detroit in the two games in Detroit, thought it would be more of the same at home where Giguere is almost unbeatable and had their asses handed to them when a brilliant coach flipped the game plan on them. They didnt react or respond. They played undisciplined and looked lost all night.

Now we lose Pronger and believe me, outside Niedermayer and Pronger, we have Beauchemin and Odonnell and it drops BIG TIME from there. Im hoping they get back to their style of play instead of thinking all they have to do is skate onto the ice. Our shut down line of Pahlsson, Moen, and R Niedermayer will be huge as they have in almost every victory in the playoffs so far. When the Ducks were on the PK for most of the game, it took them out of any kind of game plan. Would it have mattered Tuesday? I doubt it, Red Wings came with a game the Ducks didnt see coming and flat out were outclassed badly.

I see a VERY disciplined team hitting the ice tonight. I see the shut down line making things happen tonight. I see the PPG line forgetting about trying to be alpha males and playing smart hockey where people will know they are actually up and coming super star hockey players and not big mouth wanna be thugs. They will finish checks but not play dirty, keep out of the box, and I very much see a 2-1 game tonight. Yep, Im hoping we are on the good side of that but if we are not, I wont be shocked. Detroit will come out the same as they did on Tuesday, if the Ducks turn up the talent that they do possess, play smart, they will be just fine. I know a lot of you got pretty pumped up about a 5-0 win but believe me, I havent seen the Ducks play that bad in 2 1/2 months especially at home. I havent missed a single home game in the last two years and have only missed maybe 5 road games on tv in the past two years so Ive seen just about everything theyve done. This one will be a nail biter. Good luck tonight. See ya all around 2 am.

Well don't let the absensce of one defensemen get to our heads. We still need to play hard and strong, and bring our "A game". You know they will be out there trying to prove something tonight that they can win without Pronger.

So lets play like we did for game three and bring this series back to Detroit 3 games to 1.

Guest jaytan

Honestly, I'm expecting this game to be the toughest test of the series. Anaheim is in must-win territory, and they have other guys who can step up. While Pronger plays a lot of minutes and has been relatively solid against us (up until he went insane the other night), he hasn't been the factor that he could have been.

Eventually, their powerplay is going to break through.

Giguere has the ability to steal a game.

Our forwards have the ability to underperform.

We're missing some key pieces as well.

They have home ice and can determine the match-ups that will best help them get over losing Pronger.

If we don't win this game, we'll be in a hole. They'll have a lot of confidence that they can play with us, and they'll get Pronger back with something to prove.

i honeslty wouldnt be surprised to see the Ducks manhandle the Wings tonight. The Ducks have alot more to play for. They played one of there worst games all year last game. Were embrassed on home ice. There top scorer was suspended for a borderline call ( from the Ducks organizations view, not everyone) We missed several opportunties to score last game.

Watch out Wings fans this game could get out of hand and could see a Ducks team looking for revenge for last game.

i smell blood. i feel momentum, energy, and i want to bury the ducks.

hopefully this sleeping giant just came down with insomnia. go for the kill.

I smell overconfidence and cockiness over 1 great game. Werent smelling blood until game 3 eh? Im going to have lunch so I dont get drawn into a flame war this morning. I do feel pretty special though. MANY threads here about Red Wings players and all things Red Wings have 300 or so views. My thread and any Pronger thread have 1800 plus views. I feel very special when I come here. Enchilada and taco combo plate and Im out!

I smell overconfidence and cockiness over 1 great game. Werent smelling blood until game 3 eh? Im going to have lunch so I dont get drawn into a flame war this morning. I do feel pretty special though. MANY threads here about Red Wings players and all things Red Wings have 300 or so views. My thread and any Pronger thread have 1800 plus views. I feel very special when I come here. Enchilada and taco combo plate and Im out!

The stats without Pronger were quantified by Francois Beauchemins absence. I think him and O'donnell do not get enough credit for being very sound defenseman that can really make a difference when they decide to join the offensive play. Should be a great game,lets all enjoy it. Enchiladas sound good but i am going with chile relleno today. :o

Not having Pronger for the next game is a huge blow to the Ducks. :sly:

Hopefully tonight goes a lot like game 3 !!!!! Also Dom needs to keep playing like a madman :D

Not having Pronger for the next game is a huge blow to the Ducks. :sly:

Hopefully tonight goes a lot like game 3 !!!!! Also Dom needs to keep playing like a madman :D

Sorry to rain on the parade but look back at the Prongerless stats. During Prongers absence we were also without Beauchemin (spleen), Marchant (torn stomach muscle), Giguere (groin), and Pronger (foot). Hmmm? Wonder how we went 6-8 during that time? Didnt we lose 1-0 or 2-1 to Detroit IN DETROIT while we were missing Pronger, Giguere, Beauchemin, and Marchant. 4 key pieces missing including the Prongs and our #1 goalie on your ice and we were beat by a goal. Yes, you should feel very confident tonight. Now off to lunch (had to change clothes).

Many people in here might be overconfident and cocky but I don't see the Wings being that way. If they are they are only hurting themselves. They need to be thinking they are down 2-1 and need to win. I didn't realize Pronger was their leading scorer with 12 points in the playoffs. This will be the toughest game of the series for both teams. justtheducks sounds very overconfident. The Wings don't have anything to play for? How about a 3-1 lead and a chance to win the west on sunday on home ice? how about making sure the Ducks don't get any momentum built up with a win and letting them tie the series. It will be the farthest thing from a blowout either way. I am very anxious for this game to get underway. The Wings really do need to try and take advantage of Pronger being out.

Sorry to rain on the parade but look back at the Prongerless stats. During Prongers absence we were also without Beauchemin (spleen), Marchant (torn stomach muscle), Giguere (groin), and Pronger (foot). Hmmm? Wonder how we went 6-8 during that time? Didnt we lose 1-0 or 2-1 to Detroit IN DETROIT while we were missing Pronger, Giguere, Beauchemin, and Marchant. 4 key pieces missing including the Prongs and our #1 goalie on your ice and we were beat by a goal. Yes, you should feel very confident tonight. Now off to lunch (had to change clothes).

You're right they were missing those guys in the regular season game in Detroit. Hey also the Sharks beat the Wings 9-4 in one game and won the season series 1-3. That game in January means just as much as the 4 games against the Sharks.

Edited by StevieY9802

I'm actually expecting a strong game from the Ducks tonight. Sometimes when a team loses one of its stalwarts, especially in a high stakes situation like this, the team as a whole actually winds up playing better in his absence because every guy realizes that he has to pick up the slack to make up for the missing piece. So don't expect tonight's game to be easy.

I tend to agrre and disagree. Yes players will want to step up and some might, But if the wings score early look out the Ducks will very easily fall apart. they will start to think that without Fronger they don't have much of a chance. And also the opposition, this case being the Wings, will have alot more room out there and alot more confidence. One more thing the ducks don't have the fan support tonight.

I beleive the Duck are done like dinner tonight.

Guest bullocks

Hmmm... I wonder how our record would be without Lidstrom? I bet it would be pretty comparable. Its amazing how a forward or two missing is nothing like a Defencemen out. Just goes to show how much our D has stepped up this years playoffs.

The only reason why our D has stepped up, is because of their lack of depth. Which we have on our blue line. Don't get me wrong, hate him or well hate him lol...replacing a schneider is a bit easier then Pronger. It almost looks to me like we tightened up more defensively since we lost him.

Sorry to rain on the parade but look back at the Prongerless stats. During Prongers absence we were also without Beauchemin (spleen), Marchant (torn stomach muscle), Giguere (groin), and Pronger (foot). Hmmm? Wonder how we went 6-8 during that time? Didnt we lose 1-0 or 2-1 to Detroit IN DETROIT while we were missing Pronger, Giguere, Beauchemin, and Marchant. 4 key pieces missing including the Prongs and our #1 goalie on your ice and we were beat by a goal.

Yes yes, nice excuses.

We played that January 2-1 win without Datsyuk and Chelios, also Langfeld, Hudler and Williams were on the lineup who aren't right now. Now we have Chelios and healthy Datsyuk there + Bertuzzi and Kopecky intead of those three last guys. Since then we have been a totally diffferent team.

That 1-0 win at March we played without Zetterberg, our offensive MVP. You didn't have Penner and Marchant. No difference at all.

So maybe it's wise to think these comparations also from our view, not only from Ducks view. Also Detroit Red Wings can have injuries, but they still can win. We have that adversity.

Edited by Henkka

You know what I've seen from the Red Wings this year that makes me giddy? They're confident in their game. They've shown that they are committed to their game. They don't care what the other team is doing. The times they've gotten into trouble these playoffs have been when they were reacting to the team they were playing.

I think that's the reason Holmstrom came back out to play in the third period last game. Because they don't care if Pronger gets suspended or not. It makes no difference. They'll come out and try to execute their plan regardless.

If we lose tonight, I have my list of excuses:

1) Our masseuse got arrested for a D.U.I. while on a spending binge in posh, South Orange County. I guarantee we would win if he didn't get arrested.

2) Emilio Estevez was supposed to be there for Game 3, he probably won't show tonight. How can we win without Gordon Bombay?

3) We didn't sign Greg Goldberg for goalie, we are screwed.

4) Detroit uses steroids.

5) We are just resting to kick your asses back in Detroit.

There, I think I covered the bases. DUCKS IN 7!

Guest bullocks

If we lose tonight, I have my list of excuses:

1) Our masseuse got arrested for a D.U.I. while on a spending binge in posh, South Orange County. I guarantee we would win if he didn't get arrested.

2) Emilio Estevez was supposed to be there for Game 3, he probably won't show tonight. How can we win without Gordon Bombay?

3) We didn't sign Greg Goldberg for goalie, we are screwed.

4) Detroit uses steroids.

5) We are just resting to kick your asses back in Detroit.

There, I think I covered the bases. DUCKS IN 7!

if u guys lose tonight, i'll personally set up a tee time for you ;)

Regular season games render meaningless when playoff time comes. Each game is it's own entity in a 7-game series, and no stats from the regular season can be used to justify anything this time of year.

As far as overconfidence, any knowledgeable hockey fan knows that many things can change from game to game, regardless of scores or plays. Any Wings fan who feels that this series is over is crazy, if the Wings continue to play the way they did Tuesday night, it will certainly make it a shorter series, but that remains to be seen.

Many of the long time Wings fans know that a series can change on a dime at any moment. The Pronger situation helps the Wings, but will serve as motivation for Anaheim to play better as a team, which is what I expect to see tonight. This will be the most hard fought game of the series, bank on that.

Well, Detroit had injury problems all year and they still came away with a pretty damn good record considering Osgood, Hasek, Holmstrom, Franzen, Chelios, Schneider, Kronwall, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, Lebda and Samuelsson were all out for extended periods of time.

As for the playoffs, Pronger and Kunitz might hurt for one game, but Detroit has already played with their #7 and #8 defenseman for the majority of the playoffs while their #3 and #5 defenseman were out for a good deal, and then their #2 and #3 were out for an even longer time.

Not to mention that Zetterberg wouldnt have played for the last few weeks and neither would Lebda have if it werent the playoffs. Everybodys got their injuries, and to be quite frank, the Wings have gotten pretty damn far with theirs.