• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StevieBoy

Anaheim stats with/without Pronger

Rate this topic

I still dont expect Anaheim to fall apart tonight. Im banking on this game being not as tight as Game 1, but still a hard fought battle. Im not sold on Pronger's absence meaning a win for the Wings, and I think a lot of people on here feel the same way, but you have to look beyond the lineups for tonight and look at whats at hand:

One team can go up 3-1, one team can tie it up 2-2. That right their is motivation enough for neither team to sit back.

first are foremost...

for the guy who said he expects the Ducks to "manhandle" the Wings tonight and make a display like Wings did against the Ducks. Sorry! But its just not gonna happen. Us fans might be overconfident and cocky, but we havent been this deep into the playoffs since '02 and this team is proving it CAN win the cup. We are a perfectly built (not saying we're a PERFECT TEAM) based upon youth with amazing talent and experienced veterans who aren't just gonna fall apart and let a blow out happen. Not one time have we been straight up blown out in ANY game this post-season. Neither has Buffalo or Ottawa. Technically neither did the Ducks until the other night. Even when we were in the same position as the Ducks, going down 2 or 3 to nothing, we kept our composure and fought back into the game.

As for the Red Wings being over confident and cocky like us fans, sorry, but they are professional athletes, most of whom have been in the playoffs more times than needed to realize they are in no place to be cocky or over confident until the buzzer goes off and we have won the Cup.

What do I expect out of the Ducks tonight?

A strong game, mostly based on the fact that they dont wanna hear that a loss was based on the fact that Pronger wasnt playing. The Ducks known they can win without Pronger and they WILL step up their game to prove so.

What do I expect out of the Wings tonight?

The Wings are in a position to take a stronghold on the Ducks and they realize if they lose this chance it could result in a total momentum change that they dont wanna see, especially with the Ducks #1 d-man out for the game they'll look to take advantage. After going up 2-0 on the Flames and having them come back at home to tie the series at 2 they realize they cannot afford to do this against a team like the Ducks. I see another strong game from the Wings, and another dominant performance from Hasek.

Those are some lopsided stats but they don't surprise me. I mean, as a Wings fan, we have to put this in perspective and pretend we just lost Nick Lidstrom for tonight. If that were the case, I wouldn't be throwing the towel in and I'd expect Chelly and the other guys to step it up a notch.

That being said, I wouldn't expect our special teams to hold up very well. If they entire game were to be played 5 on 5, I would say this Pronger suspension would have very very little effect, if any whatsoever. However he, just like Lidstrom, works the PP and the PK and thats where his absence is going to be felt by the Ducks and hopefully taken advantage of by the Wings.

Should be a great game though, I'm really looking forward to it. Go Wings!

I tend to agrre and disagree. Yes players will want to step up and some might, But if the wings score early look out the Ducks will very easily fall apart. they will start to think that without Fronger they don't have much of a chance. And also the opposition, this case being the Wings, will have alot more room out there and alot more confidence. One more thing the ducks don't have the fan support tonight.

I beleive the Duck are done like dinner tonight.

If you think the Ducks are going to fall apart after one goal you are on some serious crack.