• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Babcock's Fault

Rate this topic

He screwed with the lines for game 3 and it worked. With Pronger out he should have reverted back to the power lines that worked against CGY and SJ.

It's no one player's fault, but Babcock has to push the Ducks when they are next to a cliff, not try to talk them off. He had a chance to bury the Ducks with overwhelming power against their weakened defense and he blew it by keeping his "balanced" lines together.

Why not blame Gigeure instead, for having played an outstanding game. It's easy to blame someone, let's look at the facts, Giggy stole this one. Wings out-chanced and out-shot the Ducks, they didn't deserve to lose this one, but that's hockey.

You cannot be serious. The Wings played really, really well tonight. The loss has nothing to with Babcock. Honestly why make threads like this? In Game 3 he was the hero for making the line changes, and now all of sudden it's his fault because he tweaked it a little and they lost? Please. Not capitalizing on the 5 on 3's are the reason we lost.

Some of you guys need to stop bitching about everydamn thing. Fact is everyone wanted a split, and we got it. We are heading back home now so HOORAY.

Why not blame Gigeure instead, for having played an outstanding game. It's easy to blame someone, let's look at the facts, Giggy stole this one. Wings out-chanced and out-shot the Ducks, they didn't deserve to lose this one, but that's hockey.

I'm going to agree.

He screwed with the lines for game 3 and it worked. With Pronger out he should have reverted back to the power lines that worked against CGY and SJ.

It's no one player's fault, but Babcock has to push the Ducks when they are next to a cliff, not try to talk them off. He had a chance to bury the Ducks with overwhelming power against their weakened defense and he blew it by keeping his "balanced" lines together.

Way to point fingers! Sorry, but I haave to join the chorus of people disagreeing.

What is WITH people tonight?

Its Babcocks fault? Short term memory buddy, but do you remember who STARTED THE GAME?

DATSYUK-ZETTERBERG-HOLMSTROM

and what happened???

THEY GOT DOMINATED ON THE FIRST SHIFT OF THE GAME.

This is not Babcocks fault, this is the combination of some bad turnovers FROM BOTH ENDS, Giguere having his best performance so far, and Dom having his worst. Cry me a river.

Grow up and take your lumps like a man (or woman). The score doesnt always tell the story of the game.

Oh, horse s***. The lines 5-on-5 were just fine. The Red Wings, for enormously long stretches, controlled the play tonight. Two power play goals and some boneheaded defensive plays were to blame -- not Babcock.

This thread is desperately grasping at straws.

What is WITH people tonight?

Its Babcocks fault? Short term memory buddy, but do you remember who STARTED THE GAME?

DATSYUK-ZETTERBERG-HOLMSTROM

and what happened???

THEY GOT DOMINATED ON THE FIRST SHIFT OF THE GAME.

This is not Babcocks fault, this is the combination of some bad turnovers FROM BOTH ENDS, Giguere having his best performance so far, and Dom having his worst. Cry me a river.

Grow up and take your lumps like a man (or woman). The score doesnt always tell the story of the game.

:clap:

Oh, horse s***. The lines 5-on-5 were just fine. The Red Wings, for enormously long stretches, controlled the play tonight. Two power play goals and some boneheaded defensive plays were to blame -- not Babcock.

This thread is desperately grasping at straws.

:clap: Some More!!

Babcock is not to be blamed on this one. It was the bad start, the failure to score on the 5 on 3's, and the fact that Giguere stole one for the Duckies. Like a few here, I had a bad feeling about the Wings sitting back and they sure did. I realized that several of their guys are due to break out and when a team gets their asses kicked that bad at home, they will do some soul searching. I knew the Wings would come out flat... that's what happens after a win like that, and they lost pronger as well. Not surprised.

Zetts looked possessed at the end but it's way too late. Babs was pissed at pavel for his lackadaisical backcheck on the Bert. giveaway--I think when Datsyuk looked a bit off tonight early Babcock gave up on him, but in the playoffs you go with the hot hand and it was Bertuzzi/Cleary for sure... I hope the positive that comes out of this is the Bert/Cleary connection grows.

I don't blame the coach, he was not the one out there who played those 5-3's. Giggy played really good tonight to make up from game 3, I don't like us skating the puck over the blue line they always poke it from us, Bert and cleary played really good for us tonight (except the give away by bert).

How about giving credit to the other team, especially Giguere, and recognizing that goofy/screened goals were scored...

Babcock can't push people out of the way of the goalie's sight line from the bench.

Contrary to popular belief, the other team can play good and beat the Red Wings, vs. the Wings just beating themselves.

It wasn't Babcock's fault. The only thing I would've wanted him to do differently is call a timeout towards the last minute or so in the game to settle the team down and come up with a plan. Otherwise he did just fine.

Also, Giguere by no means was outstanding. I think he made one save against Filpula that would've been considered good, but otherwise he just fell to his knees and let every shot fall into his pads.

What I believed lost this game for us was our terrible 5-3 powerplays that we couldn't take advantage of and our inability to get to rebounds.

I blame myself. I have the worst record while in attendance, not to mention the fact that I was gloating big time to the people around me after we scored the second and third goals. I just figured it was safe after the ass kicking in game 3. I'm really sorry, I feel like I let the team down. I promise I won't go to game 6.

We lost because Hasek didn't play well and we missed so many chances. It was a real close game.

One thing I don't get is why Quincey played only 4 shifts?? He doesn't look bad out there, our Ds afre going to be exhausted... Also Draper barely played over 9mn... I know we were running after the score but still....

Can't wait till Sunday...

Go Wings !