• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Babcock's Fault

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

He screwed with the lines for game 3 and it worked. With Pronger out he should have reverted back to the power lines that worked against CGY and SJ.

It's no one player's fault, but Babcock has to push the Ducks when they are next to a cliff, not try to talk them off. He had a chance to bury the Ducks with overwhelming power against their weakened defense and he blew it by keeping his "balanced" lines together.

This is so retarded. People always seem to need to find someone on which to focus the blame.

Teams lose games. We killed the Ducks in game 3 and they inched us tonight.

No, Babcock cannot control how his players play.

Guest LivingtheDream

Babcock is hardly to blame. Stupid ass turnovers and stupid ass penalties are what's to blame.

Yea baby, you and me were watching the same game!

Dom was getting really fiesty out there in the first - I think his stick banging and puck handling were a sure sign he was pissed off at all the turnovers and inability to get the puck out of our own zone. Like someone said, we had we too many passengers out in the first period. That they came back to tie it at one point (before a stupid penatly) says this team can get it done if they want it, but this time of year you have to want it all 3 periods, all the time.

Guest bullocks

I'm not gonna read thru all the responses, but i don't agree with u at all, sorry.

I tried everything, I haven't shaved since the Playoffs started, I wore my Zetterberg jersey all day, I took it off and moved to the other room when the ducks scored the third goal, I didn't move at all when the Wings scored their goals, I changed seats when the Wings didn't look good, I tried everything I could and it just wasn't good enough :crybaby:

go back to where ever u were when the Wings scored their goals for next game ;)

I blame Skull and Bones, Bob Barker, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for the loss.

Ya have to wonder about the course of an argument when the big boss comes in less than 20 minutes after the Post New Topic button has been pushed and drops an "Oh, horse s***" in the first sentence. :siren:

The Wings have them right were they want them.I thought they played a really good game at times.I also think the Ducks played hard and won alot of fights for the puck when it mattered to us to win them.

No this was no ones fault.If you believed everything you hear and read the Wings should have been swept by now.But here we are coming home with a split.I think that is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Agreed. Wouldn't go so far as to blame Hasek for the loss, but he was making those saves on Tuesday. Pucks weren't going in for us tonight - but give Giguere credit - he was the MVP of that game. Babcock is fine - we're here in part because he's done a great job coaching.

Oh my god! One of the few posts in this thread so far where somebody is actually thinking and using their brain correctly!

Did it ever occur that another team (or largely in this case last night, one player) might actually have played just a little bit better and a little more solid than the Wings to help them lose? That man is Giguere. I'm not going to go so far to say he "stole" last night from the Wings, but I'm coming very close to that.

Babcock has installed a no-nonsense and no-excuse mode in his players. Just give your best effort. work hard, finish your checks (cleanly of course) and go to the net when you can and go about your business after. Here's to Babcock overall this season. :beerbuddy:

1 loss does not change that.

I absolutely love, and loathe at the same time, panic mode in here.

they lost this games because of two bad turnovers that resulted in goals and two 5 on 3's that they didnt even come close to scoring on. They shot themselves in the foot and lost the game for themselves.

Why not blame Gigeure instead, for having played an outstanding game. It's easy to blame someone, let's look at the facts, Giggy stole this one.

Nah. Lines juggling worked game 3. A little too much juggling this game. Not sure how you see it another way, but Giguere wasn't unbeatable last night. How many pucks bounced around his net, and he had no idea where they were - he was lucky he didn't kick 3 or 4 in for goals. Plus they shrunk their bench to what, 3 defensemen and 88/9 forwars. Anaheim played a good game, likely the best they can. Win our home games, last night means squat. Edited by motorcitykid

Jesus F'ing Christ. ENOUGH BLAME POSTS

*NEWS FLASH* You will NOT win the Stanley Cup in 16 straight games. You will lose. Teams will play well and step up. Its the F'ING playoffs. A loss is nobodys fault unless they turn around and fire a game winning shot into there own net. Its easy to play monday morning coach but heres the thing...Babs knows more than you and there is a reason he is the head coach. When you guide a team to the Stanley Cup finals then we will take your opinions on how Babs should run the team seriously.

Can't comprehend how people could possibly blame Babcock.

Lang and Bert's line was abysmal last night. :thumbdown:

He needed to split up 'mr. giveaway and the canoli truck'.

What about after they tied it up?

Thats what concerns me.

Hasek looked poor on the 4th goal.

Piss poor.

We were all over the ducks then bang a piss poor goal.

Truely madening.

This is why I hoped they would have just stuck with Osgood. Solid.

Osgood is solid, you get the same from him all the time.

You should never have to score 5 goals to win.

You mean the shot through multiple screens? Yeah, should've nabbed that one.

I can't believe that you're using Osgood as an example of the model of consistency.

And since you just dropped the "you should never have to score 5 goals to win" argument in conjunction with your "I wish they went with Osgood" argument, I'd like to point out that there were 6 times this year Ozzie gave up 4+ in a game. It happened to Dom 7 times. And Dom obviously played a lot more.

(Note: I did this really quickly because it doesn't warrant me spending a half hour on it...I just went with the goalie of record and counted all the goals against him. If someone got yanked, or there was an empty netter or something that skewed it, my bad. I counted OT Losses, but not situations where the shootout was the 4th goal. Even if the data would get changed slightly by a deeper analysis, I feel that the point still stands.)

-Tim