• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-GAME 4 (5/17): Ducks 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Tuff luck for the Wings at the Panda Center tonight. I did not agree with pulling Hasek for extra man the first time because the Wings could not hold their blue line.

Game 5 is pretty much Armageddon.

haha. Well, Game 5s have been our best games so far.

I unfortunately wont be watching. Im going out of town tomorrow morning and wont be back til late on Sunday.

Give 'em hell guys!

(and by that I mean the posters here giving justheducks hell)

Anaheim got some bounces tonight...no doubt about it, just like we got some in Game 1. the phrase "Seeing eye pucks" is a good description of what happend to Dom...not a great game, but those pucks found the net and Filppula's shot hit the bar...that's hockey!

Very frustrating to lose because I thought we were the better team tonight, but Anaheim felt the same way in Game 1...the first 5 on 3 was awesome and they did everything but score....the second 5 on 3 was awful, just awful...but then again the call on Niedermayer was one of the worst calls I've seen in the playoffs. The Ducks do all kinds of s*** like that, but to give us a 5 on 3 for a weak looking cross-check...come on! This board would be up in arms if that call was made against us.

I like the way this series is trending...TSN can wax poetically about Perry and Selanne, but I was unimpressed with them after they scored. Getzlaf and Penner are the only two forwards who have consistently scared me in the defensive zone.

Meanwhile, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Filppula and Lang are all getting better and better as the series moves along...they looked awesome out there! The finishes will come. Oh but wait, Ducks-cronies will argue, they beat up on a weakened Ducks defense absent Pronger. This is true, but the majority of our pressure came against Anaheim's top 3 guys...O'Donnell, Beauchemin and Niedermayer...which means they can replicate that success. Pronger won't help, but he hasn't been all that awesome this series and his replacement scored a PPG, which is more that Chris has done this series.

What I mean to say is, our forwards are trending upwards while their's are stagnant, we're due for the bounces and we all know how Hasek bounces back...

Combine those elements with the fact that 2 out of 3 will be played at home and I'm still feeling pretty good about this series!

That's the way it should be, but in reality, you knew that we weren't getting another PP after that long 5 on 3 to start the third, and you knew they were getting the next call (or calls, if there was more than one). At least that call on Cleary was legit.

They aren't going to gift you that many chances, especially on the road. Gotta take advantage when you have the opportunity. We didn't tonight, and it cost us the game. If we make it 4-3, the game is over. The crowd would've been out of it, the Ducks would've been down after giving up 3 straight goals.

We let them off the hook in this game, make no mistake about it. And as I said earlier, if we lose this series, point to tonight as the reason why. Because this was the chance to step on their throat and we didn't take it. But I still really like us in a best of 3 series against Anaheim at this point, especially with two at the Joe and a goalie who has the tendancy to come up huge after a bad game (and a tendancy to come up huge in elimination games).

It's going to be tough, but after Game 2, I would've been thrilled with a split in Anaheim. Now I'm pissed that's all we've got. That change in attitude is a good thing, however, because it means that we REALLY swung the play in our favor. This team can't beat us if Hasek is on his game. And we have every reason to believe that he will be in the games coming up.

-Tim

Yeah I know that's the way it is, but I tend to get idealistic from time to time :P

I was so confident the Wings were gonna pull this one out, even after they went down 3-1, but like I said, it just wasn't meant to be tonight. I'm not too bummed, we'll get 'em on Sunday.

we missed an opportunity with pronger out but the ducks rose to the occasion and are to be commended for their tough play... should be an interesting game 5.

damn. i've been trying to get on this site for 30 minutes, so i'm even more ******* annoyed. well, i don't think giguere was as good as people thought. wing's just didn't bury their chances. he was good positionally, but wasn't exceptional by any means. the wings just plain shot it into his chest on most of their chances. wings blew a huge opportunity tonight. the 5 on 3s killed us and dom wasn't strong. this could definitely be the turning point in this series. if the wings lose this series i'll definitely be looking back at this game. that said, i think they out-played the ducks. that almost makes it worse. when you have the chance to knock the life out of a team in the wcf's, you need to ******* do it. wasted opportunity.

oh well, going home for game five. it's a best of three now. go wings!

f***. what a blown game. tip o' the hat to Anaheim for taking full advantage of our mistakes, and a big tip o' the hat to Giggy for standing on his head. But for f***'s sake... three goals off of stupid ass turnovers killed our asses.

These aren't the Flames or Sharks that we can sleep thru 1st periods and then scramble back to form for the win... no 60 minute effort and we's playin' with fire... Quack fire I tells ya...

Edited by dicksmack

Guest bullocks

Yeah I know that's the way it is, but I tend to get idealistic from time to time :P

I was so confident the Wings were gonna pull this one out, even after they went down 3-1, but like I said, it just wasn't meant to be tonight. I'm not too bummed, we'll get 'em on Sunday.

we should be bummed, we blew a HUGE chance...second time in this series we could have went up by 2 and failed to do so. i'm really disappointed in how this team came out in the first, and how hasek played. couldn't stop a beach ball out there. im still optimistic, but really wouldn't be suprised if the ducks now took this series...as hard as it is to say, any person that is logical can see where im comming from.

we should be bummed, we blew a HUGE chance...second time in this series we could have went up by 2 and failed to do so. i'm really disappointed in how this team came out in the first, and how hasek played. couldn't stop a beach ball out there. im still optimistic, but really wouldn't be suprised if the ducks now took this series...as hard as it is to say, any person that is logical can see where im comming from.

Aside from the first goal, the Wings played well in the first. In fact, they outplayed the Ducks for most of this game and everyone knows it. Hasek didn't play good. I'll give you that. But the fact is the Wings were down 3-1 and came back to tie it. Does that not say ANYTHING to you guys? I mean come on. Give the guys some damn credit. It could of been much worse on the scoreboard, but they rallied and tried their best to take the lead. Even though they didn't score on the 5 on 3's they had their chances and that should matter as well. Puck didn't go in, but they still had some shots and got through to Giguere. All in all, the Wings played rather well, and everyone on here should be damn pleased that they played two very strong road games. Let's not forget that we all were hoping for a split prior to Game 3, and now that we got it everyone's bitching.

The Wings are winning this series. People can say whatever the heck they want, but this Wings team is resilient and they won't be stopped. Dom is going to be huge on Sunday. He knows he had a bad game and believe me..he'll shut the door on Anaheim in Game 5. The Wings have home ice now, they have the advantage and the fans behind them. No need for everyone to be a downer. The series is tied yet some of you are acting like this is the end of the world because we didn't go up 3-1 in a series.I could understand had the Wings played awful and deserved to lose, but they didn't. They played good and lost and that in itself makes me happy. Not that they lost, but the fact that they'd played hard and determined and most importantly wanted to win. Everyone knows though..you can't win 'em all, but I'll bet anything they win Game 5 and win big.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

Aside from the first goal, the Wings played well in the first. In fact, they outplayed the Ducks for most of this game and everyone knows it. Hasek didn't play good. I'll give you that. But the fact is the Wings were down 3-1 and came back to tie it. Does that not say ANYTHING to you guys? I mean come on. Give the guys some damn credit. It could of been much worse on the scoreboard, but they rallied and tried their best to take the lead. Even though they didn't score on the 5 on 3's they had their chances and that should matter as well. Puck didn't go in, but they still had some shots and got through to Giguere. All in all, the Wings played rather well, and everyone on here should be damn pleased that they played two very strong road games. Let's not forget that we all were hoping for a split prior to Game 3, and now that we got it everyone's bitching.

The Wings are winning this series. People can say whatever the heck they want, but this Wings team is resilient and they won't be stopped. Dom is going to be huge on Sunday. He knows he had a bad game and believe me..he'll shut the door on Anaheim in Game 5. The Wings have home ice now, they have the advantage and the fans behind them. No need for everyone to be a downer. The series is tied yet some of you are acting like this is the end of the world because we didn't go up 3-1 in a series.I could understand had the Wings played awful and deserved to lose, but they didn't. They played good and lost and that in itself makes me happy. Not that they lost, but the fact that they'd played hard and determined and most importantly wanted to win. Everyone knows though..you can't win 'em all, but I'll bet anything they win Game 5 and win big.

u can see where im comming from, they blew a huge opportunity...going up 3-1 commin back to detroit would be out of this world...they had the oppourtunity, now anaheim has ALL the momentum...tieing the series up, getting pronger back...f***, i would rather lose 4-0 then get toyed with like that. the first was horrible...most of there shots were from center ice so the shot total ain't s***...they turned the puck over like a pee wee team, hasek looked like an atom goalie...f***, ill say one thing, hasek will be huge next game, but if he isnt and we lose...were done.

i think you're the only one on here more pissed about people being pissed than pissed beacuse the wings lost. :D

much of what you said was true. the wings did play the better game, had chances, etc. but none of that matters. wings lost. bottom line is that the ducks got it done tonight and the wings didn't. it doesn't matter if you fight back from 3-1 to tie it if you lose, it's still a loss.

people are pissed because the wings squandered a huge opportunity to basically guarantee a finals appearance this year, and it may come back to haunt them. it's obviously not close to being over. sunday is a whole new day and it's not like we're wobbling or anything, it's tied up, best of three, there's plenty of sunshine still left.

that said, when you have an opportunity like the wings had tonight, it's imperative that you exploit it, because, don't get it wrong, the ducks are a good ******* team, and you just don't know how many chances you'll have against them. sunday the wings may have the chances to get up 3 to 2, but then again, tonight may have been it.

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

u can see where im comming from, they blew a huge opportunity...going up 3-1 commin back to detroit would be out of this world...they had the oppourtunity, now anaheim has ALL the momentum...tieing the series up, getting pronger back...f***, i would rather lose 4-0 then get toyed with like that. the first was horrible...most of there shots were from center ice so the shot total ain't s***...they turned the puck over like a pee wee team, hasek looked like an atom goalie...f***, ill say one thing, hasek will be huge next game, but if he isnt and we lose...were done.

Well we thought the Wings had all the momentum in the world with winning 5-0, and Pronger being out. That didn't happen though. Like Babcock said..momentum doesn't carry on from game to game. *At least not in this series*

It's all good though. I can understand the frustration. I just think the Wings will be perfectly fine.

GO WINGS!!!!

This probably doesn't mean anything to 95% of the people on this thread, but I'd liken Hasek's play tonight to Al Montoya's play back against Colorado College in the NCAA Regional a couple years ago. You can't really "fault" him for any of the goals, and he didn't play bad per se, but you'd like to see him make a save or two on the pucks that went in.

Those goals would've all been really tough to stop. The first one was a blast from probably 30 feet away (plus he was probably shocked that Perry actually put one on net!). The second one he was BADLY screened on. The third one it looked like Selanne almost golfed at...I don't even think HE knew where that one was going. And the fourth one he was screened on as well.

He typically plays better than that. The puck wasn't going our way tonight though. Even in our losses, we haven't had too much trouble scoring goals, and Hasek usually won't let this many go in.

Two more efforts like tonight will win us this series. And I've got every confidence that Hasek will be better for the rest of the series.

-Tim

i think you're the only one on here more pissed about people being pissed than pissed beacuse the wings lost. :D

Haha I just laughed.

I am pissed the Wings lost, but I am not THAT pissed. Simply because I liked what I saw from them. Had they sat back all game and let the Ducks keep going with the 3-1 lead then I would of been pissed. Luck wasn't on our side. We hit the post twice I believe. Flip goes in on a breakaway and doesn't score...and Dom had an unusually bad game. I'm not freaking out because I know the Wings will come back on Sunday and do some damage. They know they could of won tonight which is going to push them even more for the next game.

I think that if before the series started if someone were to say the Wings and Ducks would be tied 2-2 after 4 games that we would all be relieved.*Wings and Ducks fans* they both are really evenly matched so it only makes sense. Although I think up front the Wings most definitely got them beat. They'll come out flying on Sunday. I know we're all pissed, and frustrated, and we've all talked about what they need to do so that's that. Let's forget about Game 4 and just move on to the next..

Two more efforts like tonight will win us this series. And I've got every confidence that Hasek will be better for the rest of the series.

-Tim

Same here.

Well one positive I can take from the game (OK there were several) but this one came to mind:

In each of our three series - we get better as the series goes on, and the opponents go the other way. I'm not thinking that the Ducks will do so - but clearly at this point we are playing like the better hockey team. As long as the Wings continue to do so, the Ducks look off their game (w or w/o Pronger). If they keep giving us PPs (and they will) we just need to bury them and we'll be fine.

just got back from the game. Very dissapointed to say the least, as it really seemed like we WERE the better team throughout, its just they had the better chances. the last two chances for us were heart stoppers where one went just wide and the other grazed the post. We have to win game 5......we just have to.

Not scoring on two 5 on 3's is what did us in tonight <_< , not Hasek being bad, or Babcock messing or not messing with the lines, if we scored on both of those 5 on 3's the game would have been done, no question, we couldn't get it done on the PP and the Ducks took advantage and won the game, pure and simple.

I hope to god that the Wings come out strong in game 5...

I keep forgetting to add on something. lsdkjgsj

Bertuzzi by far had his best game of the playoffs tonight, despite the loss. I know..I know his giveaway led to the first goal, but after that he did everything right. Cycling the puck, putting pressure on the Ducks, hitting, making great passes, and obviously..scoring. Great game by him. He really is starting to come around eh? That is a great sign.