• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-GAME 4 (5/17): Ducks 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I didn't think of this until later on -- so I'd have to watch a replay of the goal to be sure -- but I found it hard to believe that a Wings' PKer couldn't get down to block that shot considering Getzlaf looked down and had to settle the puck momentarily before snapping it on net.

Could be wrong, however. That was the gut feeling this AM after waking up.

REALLY you'd think they'd be all for the sens, being they are a canadian team. WOW I used to like CBC a lot but lately they have just become worse than ESPN lol

...but from the initial view and replay I thought Getzlaf did a small toe-drag to avoid hitting the defenders legs/stick before shooting...

That could've been it. My initial reaction was that he was settling down the puck after the hard pass from Selanne so it didn't flutter when he shot it.

Giggy had a good game. Hasek was less then stellar. That's the story of game 4. Enough said.

Agree.

Game 5 is next and the boys in Red/White will be ready.

The defensive gaffs will be addressed by Babcock and his assistants and we'll see a more balanced team iced for Game 5.

Have no fear!!!

Agree.

Game 5 is next and the boys in Red/White will be ready.

The defensive gaffs will be addressed by Babcock and his assistants and we'll see a more balanced team iced for Game 5.

Have no fear!!!

Yup. I'd be more concerned if it was the Ducks style of play or tenacity that caused these gaffs and turnovers. But that wasn't the case at all. Detroit just took a big dump last night. They'll rebound well. Even though we lost I didn't have a feeling of panic at all. We're better than Anaheim and I'm starting to suspect some of the Ducks think so too.

Guest bullocks

Yup. I'd be more concerned if it was the Ducks style of play or tenacity that caused these gaffs and turnovers. But that wasn't the case at all. Detroit just took a big dump last night. They'll rebound well. Even though we lost I didn't have a feeling of panic at all. We're better than Anaheim and I'm starting to suspect some of the Ducks think so too.

a big dump at the wrong time lol

We should've won.

Dom cant stop everything , he needs some help we didnt provide.

Cleary and Bert are getting hot at the right time , Datsyuk cannot be invisable in game 5.

They got some bounces , we got some calls , not enough , The Ducks get away with way to much

That could've been it. My initial reaction was that he was settling down the puck after the hard pass from Selanne so it didn't flutter when he shot it.

Hank called it he did a slight drag on it and then let it rip. Getzlaf is coming into his own this year. I'd like to see Perry and Penner wake up from their slumber to make things a lil easier on the team.

Guest bullocks

Hank called it he did a slight drag on it and then let it rip. Getzlaf is coming into his own this year. I'd like to see Perry and Penner wake up from their slumber to make things a lil easier on the team.

no offense, but if u guys make the finals against ottawa u will be slaughtered.

For everyone who's whining about the small amount of critism that Hasek got, you need to grow a thicker skin. Dom has barely been critisized, and except for a few has not been bashed, people have just pointed out he had a bad game...which he did. He didn't face *that* many shots and let in 4. You can't do that in the playoffs and win. If MANNY or OSGOOD played that game ... OH HOLY LORD.

That's why we have Dom, to not only NOT have a 4 goal game, but to be able to stop the unstoppable.

But that was LAST game...and we are needing to win NEXT game.

I'm pretty sure he's going to bounce back and be awesome in the next game which is a good thing, so while some critisism is warranted it's also poinless to speculate because we can logically deduct that he will play good next game.

If *if* we lose this series (and we won't) it can't be blamed on one player. They win and lose as a team. That's the one thing to keep in perspective...if I can leave some advice.

And when we win, and we start talking Conn Smythe trophies...remember why I picked Nicklas Lidstrom.

For everyone who's whining about the small amount of critism that Hasek got, you need to grow a thicker skin. Dom has barely been critisized, and except for a few has not been bashed, people have just pointed out he had a bad game...which he did. He didn't face *that* many shots and let in 4. You can't do that in the playoffs and win. If MANNY or OSGOOD played that game ... OH HOLY LORD.

That's why we have Dom, to not only NOT have a 4 goal game, but to be able to stop the unstoppable.

But that was LAST game...and we are needing to win NEXT game.

I'm pretty sure he's going to bounce back and be awesome in the next game which is a good thing, so while some critisism is warranted it's also poinless to speculate because we can logically deduct that he will play good next game.

If *if* we lose this series (and we won't) it can't be blamed on one player. They win and lose as a team. That's the one thing to keep in perspective...if I can leave some advice.

And when we win, and we start talking Conn Smythe trophies...remember why I picked Nicklas Lidstrom.

Jen, I heart you. Seriously. Smartest gal on this board and always knows what to say.

LMAO at if it were Ozzie or Manny. There would be tons and I mean TONS of threads bashing the hell outta them. And you, myself and the other Osgood supporters would be fuming like no other and probably exploding on everyone of the bashers. haha okay

WINGS IN 6!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

Jen, I heart you. Seriously. Smartest gal on this board and always knows what to say.

LMAO at if it were Ozzie or Manny. There would be tons and I mean TONS of threads bashing the hell outta them. And you, myself and the other Osgood supporters would be fuming like no other and probably exploding on everyone of the bashers. haha okay

WINGS IN 6!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

if we had legace or ozzie we wouldn't have gopt past the first round...well maybe, not against san jose tho. legace for horrible, wow...i still remember last yr EVERY chance edmonton got seemed to go in.

if we had legace or ozzie we wouldn't have gopt past the first round...well maybe, not against san jose tho. legace for horrible, wow...i still remember last yr EVERY chance edmonton got seemed to go in.

Thats a pretty safe statement considering this is a different year with different defense and the fact that it well can never be proven one way or the other.

Conversely... I don't see any reason why we couldn't advance with either of the two aforementioned in net this season... afterall our D seems to be the determining factors in many of the outcomes... They play good we win... they play bad... we lose. The forwards score... we win (well accept last night when we scored 3 and still lost or the game two before that) the forwards don't score we lose.

I'm actually really surprised we didn't let a goal in towards the end of the third period. I was freaking out in my seat at the Pond last night, because Detroit went crazy offensively. I was surrounded by Red Wings fans, and everyone was just standing up as Detroit let go shot after shot.

Is it Sunday yet?

..I was freaking out in my seat at the Pond last night, because Detroit went crazy offensively. I was surrounded by Red Wings fans, and everyone was just standing up as Detroit let go shot after shot.

Honestly, it *was* amazing they didn't get the tying marker... If only Filppula could've finished on his two partial breakaways... Them's the breaks, however.

It was a GOOD, nay GREAT, game. The outcome wasn't good, but the game was really exciting. What a comeback!?! We should have won, but we didn't...but I couldn't leave feeling too sad, because it was good hockey.

Compare and contrast to game 1 of the Shark series...UGH.

It was a fantastic game, despite the loss. I was a little disappointed that Mike Emerick didn't suffer a coronary by the end of the game, though -- it seemed like he got awfully close a few times in the third period. :lol:

Bertuzzi and Cleary get my game MVP votes for last night. Not just because they scored, but because they played pretty good in general (though Bertuzzi did have a bad givaway resulting in the first goal).

It was a fantastic game, despite the loss. I was a little disappointed that Mike Emerick didn't suffer a coronary by the end of the game, though -- it seemed like he got awfully close a few times in the third period. :lol:

Seriously Mike Emrick scares the hell outta me! He makes me so nervous when watching games..as if im not nervous enough he makes it seem like EVERY shot, every save..etc..is the biggest deal. There are times where I think the Wings scored because of his "OOH AND SHOT BY CLEARY AND..." then he stops. He does not help the palpitations..that's for sure.

Emerick... is that "Doc"? and if so... what type of Doc is he?