• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Anyone else notice.....

Rate this topic

If anything I'm looking at some of the ticky tacky calls that were made. Niedermeyer's "hook" on Lebda which led to one of the Wings PP goals was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. No way in hell that should've been a power play.

With Flipper, he's played really well this last series. Another year or two of developing, I think he'll be one of the top 2 centers for this team.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

so that's how it works, once a team gets a couple 5-on-3's the refs can put away the whistles??? your comment has to be one of the most ignorant posts i've seen in a while. i was at the game and you sound like a ducks fan, complaining about the calls for the sake of complaining. I tell you what, at the game, and now watching it again on the DVR, the Ducks got away with a lot! Datsyuk took a sucker punch from Moen (either that or a knee to the head) in the scrum almost halfway through the 2nd in front of disney's bench. Multiple hits from behind went uncalled (esp during the 3rd). And I've counted at least 3 interference penatlies that weren't called. Specifically interference when a disney player would hit a wing before the puck came to the wing. I'm not saying we didn't get away with anything, but some of this stuff was just plain obvious. I almost wish we'd start playing like the ducks... we'd knock them off their game if we were playing illegaly and only got called for it half the time.

Relax cowboy. "your comment has to be one of the most ignorant posts i've seen in awhile" ????? seriously, what is that all about?

Its called playoff hockey and to be quite frank with you, you got your head up your ass. I've seen the Wings get away with countless holds and hooks all series. It's officiating, not science. Refs miss calls both ways. What about the call on Niedermayer for hooking? That was a phantom hook, he didn't even touch Lebda. When you get obvious breaks like that and a couple of 5 on 3's in the conference finals no less then you've got nothing to ***** about. if you haven't seen an ignorant post in awhile, go back through your history and check out your own material, i'm sure you'll find plenty of ignorant crap in there that qualifies.

peace out

That Fil takes???? What about Datsyuk or Sammy as well or pretty much any Red Wing???? This has been going on all series but was esp. bad in Games 1 and 2 , thus the reason everyone has already forgotten the major obstruction going on out there. Short term memory is a real proplem here.

Whatever happened to the NHL's crackdown on obstruction and slashing and cross checking??? How many times have I seen our players get slashed or cross checked in front of the cage? Don't you remember this was a PENALTY in the beginning of the season?

And the rediculous excuse that this is "playoff hockey" is just sad, esp. coming from DRW "fans" We are the skilled team, we are the ones that benefit from the crackdown in obstruction and clutch and grab hockey. Have you guys ever bothered to ask yourselves why we almost had a second Presidents trophy but are laughed at b/c of our recent early PO losses? Any red wing fan would realize that "playoff hockey" should be officiated the same way reg. season hockey is and when it's not WE suffer.

What a way to run a league , what constitues a penalty changes depending on the time in the game and whether it's the PO's or not.

We had two 5/3's so don't blame the refs??? are you kidding me??? Time to take some Ginko biloba b/c the Ducks had two 5/3's at the Joe, again Short Term Memory problems.

Half you ppl don't even sound like red wing fans to me.

Dont even try to blame the refs.

We had TWO 5 on 3s for crying out loud.

Thank you for your candid honesty....the issue for me is that if the refs give the Red Wings a make up call or something: your PP is more dangerous than ours right now let's be honest, so you get a better chance of scoring.

Filppula really impressed me last night tho. :blink:

I was more blown away by all the non-calls the didn't go Huddles way back in the Sharks series. He got tripped and hooked and held all the time with no calls. It wasn't his size that was getting him tossed around... it was the lack of calls that should have been called in his favor. Size doesn't matter when you are pulled down from behind on the way to the net.

Crymson, you are a knob.

Now your are honestly blaming non calls?

Get real.

Do you want the refs to make the other teams goalie leave the net and have them place the puck on the goal line so we can push it over?

We all agree that playoff hockey involves many non-calls traditionally.

We all agree that 2 5on 3's are rare and we should have capitalized.

That doesn't mean that every other blatant foul (excuse the pun) should be ignored,especially on scoring chances.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

That doesn't mean that every other blatant foul (excuse the pun) should be ignored,especially on scoring chances.

I don't know that the refs aren't making calls intentionally. From what I've seen they seem to be making pretty much all the calls they need to. Alot of s*** happens all over the ice and you're going to get peeved somewhat b/c you always notice the non-calls against Wings. You never notice when Lang gets away taking his top hand off his stick and grabbing somebody by the side or when Draper hooks somebody. We get away with as much as every other team. Personally, as good as Lidstrom is i've seen about 10 plays where Nick could've gotten a hook but didn't. IMO, the officiating hasn't been anything to get upset about.

We lost last night b/c we couldn't convert on the crucial PP's, because Jiggy made some really key saves and because of lady luck. Some games you have the lucky bounces some you don't. That bounce on the Selanne goal, that's pure luck right there. You get a deflected puck that bounces to the ice and Selanne could easily have swung and whiffed on it, just luck right there. You gotta have some lucky bounces in the playoffs and the Ducks got them that game.

I'm personally thrilled b/c we seemed to carry the play alot and had at least as many if not more quality chances than the Ducks.

Right now the only thing i'm concerned about is neutralizing Getzlaf. He hasn't scored a bunch but he's picking up points and it seems that everytime he's out there he has puck control and makes something happen nearly every shift. Right now Jiggy and Getzlaf are their best players IMO.

TWO (2) 5 on 3s in a playoff game and someone is complaining?

Cmon, thats crazy.

Not as crazy as some of the really random stuff you complain about.......

Crymson, you are a knob.

Like a doorknob?

IPB Image

Like that? I dont get it.......... :(

You are really bad at insults.

there, now that is the perfect post for this thread and exactly what I was trying to get at... if only i could have said that in this many words!

1. traditionally yes, but the league told us they weren't going to make any changes to officiating in the playoffs in the "new nhl." i never agreed with the non-calls in the past either... a foul is a foul is a foul. call it on both teams!

2. yes, we should have capitalized, but we didn't. it's not like we don't deserve the game because of how we played during just over 2 minutes with a 5on3 (46 seconds the first time, and a 1:35 the second).