• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

regwinguofmfan

I have never been a Hasek fan

Rate this topic

I really think we would be better off with Osgood at this point than Hasek.

Im sorry but I have never thought Hasek was all that.

He is too much an all or nothing type head case for me.

I hope Kenny wakes up next year and leaves our teams fate in the capable hands of Chris Osgood.

Osgood is every bit as good as ANY tender in the league.

His trading in 01' was a joke as the series loss to LA had NOTHING to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team wanting to play golf.

Im serious Holland please let Hasek retire for good and go away and focus your attention on anything but him.

Ill buy ya a beer..........

Guest bullocks

lol, i think this is a little far fetched. definitely the part about osgood and all. but i have been worried about haseks play...how hes good one game, and off the next. this is the conference finals...for f*** sakes.

I hope Kenny wakes up next year and leaves our teams fate in the capable hands of Chris Osgood.

His trading in 01' was a joke as the series loss to LA had NOTHING to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team wanting to play golf.

Im serious Holland please let Hasek retire for good and go away and focus your attention on anything but him.

Wtf are you talking about..the guy has one bad game and you are jumping ship but as my memory serves me correct you've been known to jump ship before..

i don't think player's moms should be allowed to post of LGW. Reg, I know you think your son Chris is great, but you're supposed to, that's what mom's do. No need to push you're beliefs on us, we know your son has no business in the crease during a WCF game.

bullocks, unfortunately Im 100% serious.

Who is better than Osgood?

Who has been better on this team? Cujo? Legacy? Hasek?

I dare say if we scored 3+ goals a game for Ozzy, we would win most of them too.

Im mean lets get serious.

We have to score 3 goals a game to win lately and sometimes more.

Im talking in the play offs.

If thats the measuring stick then Cujo would have won a few cups here as well seing we couldnt score any goals with him in net. Got damn now Im defending Cujo.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This coming from the biggest, most loyal Osgood supporter there is; *along with Jen* Hasek wasn't the problem. Everyone that knows me on here knows that I think the absolute world of Ozzie, that I still believe he's a hell of a goalie and still very capable of starting. That being said, the over complaining over Dom is crazy. It doesn't matter who would of been in net tonight, the bad turnovers and giveaways in the first, and then not scoring on the 5 on 3's is what made us lose. Besides. the guy has been fantastic throughout most of the playoffs. Please name me a goaltender that is still playing right now that hasn't had a bad game or two so far? I bet you can't. You are not going to be flawless every game. It's just not going to happen.

I can't believe you are even calling him out. I'm not even a big Dom fan. In fact I've had my doubts about the guy and I've been horrible to him the second the season started, but he's proved everyone wrong and he's been great. One or two games isn't going to change it. Dom is going to be pissed about tonights effort and you know he'll come out wanting to prove something in Game 5.

Anyways..this better not turn into a Dom/Ozzie war. I just get the feeling Ozzie will be bashed because of this and it's going to piss me the hell off because he's got nothing to do with game 4.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Puck bag change your name to ****** Bag.

No I dont jump ship, I call players out and piss all of you off.

If you guys think its just been one game with Hasek, have you watched any games this year?

HC let me guess he will come out and prove it in game 5 and then s*** the bed in game 6?

I wish my job paid me so much to work 50% of the time.

HC let me guess he will come out and prove it in game 5 and then s*** the bed in game 6?

Puck bag change your name to ****** Bag.

No I dont jump ship, I call players out and piss all of you off.

If you guys think its just been one game with Hasek, have you watched any games this year?

You know what? It's seriously pointless talking with you. You're constantly stirring up s*** for the heck of it, and now because of this lovely thread of yours I guarantee Oz will get bashed because you brought him up We all know that even if Ozzie isn't playing he'll get s*** for it.

I think im going to scream..

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

This coming from the biggest, most loyal Osgood supporter there is; *along with Jen* Hasek wasn't the problem. Everyone that knows me on here knows that I think the absolute world of Ozzie, that I still believe he's a hell of a goalie and still very capable of starting. That being said, the over complaining over Dom is crazy. It doesn't matter who would of been in net tonight, the bad turnovers and giveaways in the first, and then not scoring on the 5 on 3's is what made us lose. Besides. the guy has been fantastic throughout most of the playoffs. Please name me a goaltender that is still playing right now that hasn't had a bad game or two so far? I bet you can't. You are not going to be flawless every game. It's just not going to happen.

I can't believe you are even calling him out. I'm not even a big Dom fan. In fact I've had my doubts about the guy and I've been horrible to him the second the season started, but he's proved everyone wrong and he's been great. One or two games isn't going to change it. Dom is going to be pissed about tonights effort and you know he'll come out wanting to prove something in Game 5.

Anyways..this better not turn into a Dom/Ozzie war. I just get the feeling Ozzie will be bashed because of this and it's going to piss me the hell off because he's got nothing to do with game 4.

i agree with what u said, BUT...he decides to pick our most important game of the year to have a non-hasek like performance...like we didnt even need him to be GREAT tonight, we needed a good performance, and he wasn't good. i'll still give him the benefit of the doubt until game 5, but after that if u doesnt play like he's capable of, all bets are off!

i agree with what u said, BUT...he decides to pick our most important game of the year to have a non-hasek like performance...like we didnt even need him to be GREAT tonight, we needed a good performance, and he wasn't good. i'll still give him the benefit of the doubt until game 5, but after that if u doesnt play like he's capable of, all bets are off!

Hmmm. Our most important game? Had we lost Game 3 then I'd agree. Now it being a 2-2 series I'd say our most important game is on Sunday.

Funny thing about the playoffs though. EVERY game is "our most important game of the year". Case in point, Game 5 is now more MUST WIN than game 4...

i will say this, it seems when ozzie steps in, the rest of the team recognizes the back-up goalie is in net and plays harder on D. That could be a tremendous help.

I'd like to make one more point... Vernon stole some games for us in '97, Dom stole games for us in '02 and also this current playoff run... when the heck has ozzie ever stolen a game?

...the better goalie is in net. period.

I happen to think its super important to win games when the other teams best player has to watch from the stands.

I was serious when I said Id rather have Osgood.

Hasek is in fact an ass clown, who cannot seem to understand that the "few lucky bounces" the other team had correlated to his Robert Lang-esque performance.

Dom has to bring it every night, and tonight he should have stayed home.

Ozzy would have got it done for us........thats all Im saying.

Next year we should cut Dom loose and concentrate on firming up our D.

Guest bullocks

Hmmm. Our most important game? Had we lost Game 3 then I'd agree. Now it being a 2-2 series I'd say our most important game is on Sunday.

well our most important game to date...not like b4 the game we knew we were going to lose, thus...having an important game 5 comming up.

well our most important game to date...not like b4 the game we knew we were going to lose, thus...having an important game 5 comming up.

Ahh I see what you mean.

I think Kyle Calder said it best. 'Every game is a must win the playoffs.' Awww Kyle. I miss him. :( lol

Guest bullocks

Funny thing about the playoffs though. EVERY game is "our most important game of the year". Case in point, Game 5 is now more MUST WIN than game 4...

there's an understatement lol :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

More typical BS from you. I'm sure you weren't saying this on Tuesday. Give me a break. Hasek had no chance on any of the goals tonight and you know it.

Talk about an attempt at scapegoating. FYI, yes, I think Osgood is a very good goalie, and he has done great things for the team. However, since you're just attempting to scapegoat Dom, I'll bring up the indisputable fact that Dom is far better than Chris will ever be.

Go out and find a hockey figure who disagrees on that, then go sit in the corner and think about what you've said.

Edited by Crymson

Guest bullocks

Ahh I see what you mean.

I think Kyle Calder said it best. 'Every game is a must win the playoffs.' Awww Kyle. I miss him. :( lol

ask him how his peanuts are from the stands...i really hope his hand his broken, or hes just pathetic.

Guest bullocks

More typical BS from you. I'm sure you weren't saying this on Tuesday. Give me a break. Hasek had no chance on any of the goals tonight and you know it.

Talk about a scapegoat. FYI, yes, I think Osgood is a very good goalie, and he has done great things for the team. However, since you're just attempting to scapegoat Dom, I'll bring up the indisputable fact that Dom is far better than Chris will ever be.

Go out and find a hockey figure who disagrees on that, then go sit in the corner and think about what you've said.

i think he should have had the 1st and 3rd goal...although the 3rd was a big of a knuckler...piece of s*** but he was still in position...definitely should have had perry's shot.

Guest Crymson

NOTE:

The only ones who could possibly see tonight's game as a bad one for Hasek are those who expect goaltenders to be superhuman. Sorry, folks; some things are impossible for goaltenders to do. For starters, nothing but luck will stop a shot that gets through the D while the goaltender is screened. This was Hasek on goals #2 and #4. He could see literally nothing, and could do literally no more than try to be in the best position and hope that the puck hits him right. On goal #3, he was hung out to dry by a defensive-zone turnover and the subsequent sub-par defensive play, followed by one of the more hideously bad bounces I've seen in my day. Goal #1 was, of course, largely contributed to by the same; Bertuzzi essentially set up Perry for the goal, a horrific error.

On scoring chances in which he had a chance, Hasek SHUT THE DOOR EVERY SINGLE TIME TONIGHT.

Sometimes it's not the goalie's fault, folks. Like I said, they can't do everything.

guess what, hasek is not perfect. Look what we did to the great patty wah... 7 goals in game 7!?! dom just came off a phenomenal shut out in game 3 and he lets in a couple today and you are calling for his head. this is the ******* playoffs. these teams are good and are here for a reason. They can score, they find and capitalize on the other teams mistakes. not every goal is going to be a d-mac game winner in the '97 playoffs. ugly goals happen and the separation of championship teams from losers in the conference finals is that championship teams find a way to put the puck in the net.

that being said, the series is still tied... in the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. now, if dom goes 2 straight games letting in 5 goals from the red line, then i agree he should sit. but last i checked he has won us 10 games so far and is playing really well this playoff run.

Edited by rwfan007

I don't see where you get the whole "Dom picked tonight to take a night off.

' I don't think he picked anything. He had an off night.

The game before he let in 0 (that's a zero, as in nada) goals. You didn't post here basically at all after the 5-0 win except to complain about Pronger and moan about Kocur being gone.

When something good happens (oops forgot you said something nice about Bert), you are nowhere to be seen, but have a little fumble happen and you're all up on someone's nuts calling them an ass-hat or ass-mouth or ass-fill-in-a-word-here because they had a bad performance.

Is there something we should know about you and a bad history with someone's backside? Or is that better off left alone?

Either way, Dom will be back on Sunday, with an extra day's rest, and mad as hell at himself for letting in 4 goals. You can bet your ass that he won't have the same performance.

Guest Crymson

i will say this, it seems when ozzie steps in, the rest of the team recognizes the back-up goalie is in net and plays harder on D.

HC will vehemently disagree with you on this. In her view, the D lets up when Osgood is in the net, and he needs to make more saves than Hasek. She's one of the biggest Oz fans around, so...

I happen to think its super important to win games when the other teams best player has to watch from the stands.

I was serious when I said Id rather have Osgood.

Hasek is in fact an ass clown, who cannot seem to understand that the "few lucky bounces" the other team had correlated to his Robert Lang-esque performance.

Dom has to bring it every night, and tonight he should have stayed home.

Ozzy would have got it done for us........thats all Im saying.

Next year we should cut Dom loose and concentrate on firming up our D.

Hahaha... more typical asshatterish nonsense. I suppose you weren't around when this board was in flames on many occasions over Osgood's soft goals, right? Nah, I'm sure you were here. Evidently Osgood is now the savior in your eyes, despite the fact that he in particular has a horrid history of taking games off, far worse than Dom's. No, Dom did not play badly tonight. You might speak to the defense which sucked it up in front of him.

Osgood would have gotten it done for us? Umm, maybe.. that you sound so sure about it just further confirms to me that this is nothing more than a blind scapegoat.

P.S., smart guy: Dom costs nothing, and as such has no bearing on our cap ability to "firm up our D," which is already one of the best in the league.

What planet are you living on, again?