• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

regwinguofmfan

I have never been a Hasek fan

Rate this topic

ur a joke....dom has a bad game and u wanna bash him....were u praising him on tuesday night??? yeh so shut it....some of the posts youve made were ridicolous....out of all the red wings fans ive crossed this guy by far has been the most rude and idiotic one...

Oh

My

God

You just got chastised by a DUCK FAN!!!

This must be the best day of your life. Ass-tastic even!

I really think we would be better off with Osgood at this point than Hasek.

Im sorry but I have never thought Hasek was all that.

He is too much an all or nothing type head case for me.

I hope Kenny wakes up next year and leaves our teams fate in the capable hands of Chris Osgood.

Osgood is every bit as good as ANY tender in the league.

His trading in 01' was a joke as the series loss to LA had NOTHING to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team wanting to play golf.

Im serious Holland please let Hasek retire for good and go away and focus your attention on anything but him.

Ill buy ya a beer..........

You are so bi-polar it is hilarious. :rotflmao:

No, this is not another case of you "calling it as you see it." You are bi-polar. One minute you are like "the Wings are done" and then you think they are great.

Hasek is the 'tender for Detroit right now. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He did not play bad last night. He was screened nicely for both of Anaheim's PP goals, the first shot in on him was a good one, and Selanne was a bang-bang broken play.

Why can't we ever give credit to the other team, especially Giguere in this case, and that they might have capitalized on their chances more than the Wings? Why the f**k do we have to scapegoat our own players when they didn't even play halfway that bad.

I'm not one who throws out stats a lot and I'm not Hasek's biggest fan, but here are three...

7-0 in playoff series for Detroit.

1 for 1 as Detroit's goaltended winning a Cup (OK, 1 for 1 1/2 if you include 2003-04)

And I cannot recall one time where he might not have had is best game, where he just didn't step up huge next game. I expect to see the same trend of him stepping up big after not the greatest loss on Sunday.

Again....

Your are bi-polar and a bad bandwagoner.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I'll throw another one out now that I thought of it.

Down 3-2 in the WCF against Colorado in 2002, going back on the road for game 6, Hasek just absolutely SHUT THE DOOR in a solid shutout win 2-0. Wings went back home for game 7, he did his part again and te offense exploded.

I'm not hoping for a similar scenario after Sunday obviously, but Hasek came ultimately came through when needed the most in 2002. I'm not boasting or being overconfident, but I am cautiously optimistic that he can certainly come through again when needed most.

I hope Kenny wakes up next year and leaves our teams fate in the capable hands of Chris Osgood.

His trading in 01' was a joke as the series loss to LA had NOTHING to do with him and everything to do with the rest of the team wanting to play golf.

Im serious Holland please let Hasek retire for good and go away and focus your attention on anything but him.

Wow the way you make it sound is Ozzy is going to come down out of the heavens and part the ice for us to just walk in and score goals for 60 minutes straight. I have read a lot of your post and have come to the conclusion your parents dropped you one to many times. If Osgood is so damn great why bring Hasek did Holland bring Hasek back??? Your best bet is stick to flipping your burgers on that grill and keep your ass in the kitchen and let the grown ups talk.

This entire post is stupid period. Every time we lose a game, all the negative nanny's come out and talk about players and how they hate them and how they suck. Like lets see who was it last time, Sammy.

First it was Robert Lang, he sucks we need to bench him blah blah blah. Lang comes out and scores a crucial goal with 5 seconds left in game 4. We end up winning and shifting the whole series in our favor.

Then everyone complains about Sammy he stinks up the ice bench him blah blah blah, Sammy comes out and scores the only goals in the clinching game against the Sharks. and Hasek gets a shut out. against the Sharks.

and now We lose one game after a 5-0 blowout game where Hasek stood on his head, and now after a 5-3 loss, where we couldn't get nothing to go our way. and BOOM

Hasek played horrible, I don't want him next year boo hoo boo hoo. Its stupid Everyone is entitled to a bad game even though he played average.

Hasek bailed the team out already this year, and last night he needed the team to help him with the game, but we couldn't do it. We will win the next game and Dom will be stellar again, then you will be praising Dom again. but until then lets post and whine over one game.

and you call yourself a "Fan?"

At this point in his career Osgood is a backup and there is a good reason for that. The Wings are fortunate to have a backup goalie that has the level of experience Ozzie has, but to suggest the Wings would be better off with him in the nets rather than Hasek or that Osgood is as good as any goalie in the league is just silly, and if Hasek wants to come back for the Wings next year he will be the starting goalie.

Hasek is a world class goalie and when he is on the top of his game there is a very select group of goalies that are his equal. As for this series specifically...the Wings were dominated in the first two games and if not for Hasek they would have gone into game 3 down 0-2.Hasek absolutely stole game 1 for the Wings. You think a 0-2 start is a little different than 1-1? Yeah. Btw round 2 played out in similar fashion...and we all know how that series ended.

What a load of absolute s***. Seriously, the game is barely over(NOTE THE SERIES IS NOT OVER), Hasek has one bad game when he has played spectacularly throughout the entire season and playoffs and you come on this forums going

"LOL GUYS LETS START OSGOOD CAUSE HASEK CLEARLY SUCKS LOLZ" :rolleyes:

Wait until the damn series is over to talk about Hasek. But no, waiting isn't an option is it? Which is why 10 minutes into game 2 of the second round we had another dazzling :yowza: post from you about how "its a long time till October". Remember what happened in that game? That series?

Maybe we'll lose to the Ducks, but if we do I can almost garuntee you that it won't be because of Hasek.

I also forgot to add to my previous post. The next time you have a thought, idea, or opinion please do us all a favor and JUST LET IT GO!!!!!

I have also heard this method works too:

Step 1 - Remove head from ass

Step 2 - Plug nose

Step 3 - Cross legs

Step 4 - Fart as hard as you can

Rinse and Repeat until mind is clear

:blink: :rotflmao:

I am all for keeping ozzie on the bench... He is the ringer that will never play... He has achieved the mighty DETROIT FANS BACKUP CAN DO NO WRONG LOVING STATUS AGAIN! I can live with that completely.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest jaytan

I'm fine with starting Ozzie..... Next year!

It's too late for us to abandon Hasek now. We have to just give him goal support and hope he gets his head together and plays the way we know he can. I think he wants to win the Cup, so I'm comfortable with him in net.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not, have never been, and never will be much of a Hasek fan...

That being said, he has played very good in these playoffs. Last night was not a good game for him, but EVERY goalie in the league has off nights. Even in an "off" game though, Hasek gave us a chance to win. He made a couple of key saves that kept us in the game. He gave up a couple that were questionable, but the wings bounced back from them. He didn't have much of a chance on the game-winning goal, you usually can't save it if you can't see it (unless you get lucky and it just hits you).

The game was really lost by our failing to take advantage of the 5 on 3 in the 3rd. Hasek did mess up a little on that and not play out of the goal so that he could quickly play the puck back up when it was cleared, but the skaters really botched that up more. 1 shot on that long of a 5 on 3 at that point in a critical game is pathetic.

Also, Hasek has always been a goalie that bounces back from an off game very strongly. I expect him to be in a zone for Sunday's game, hopefully the team in front of him is as well.

Osgood is a solid goaltender as well, but he isn't on the same level as Hasek. I won't be heartbroken if Ozzy is our starter next year with Howard backing him up though. I also won't mind if Hasek comes back for another year and Howard is given 1 more season to mature in the minors. As I said above, I'm not a huge Hasek fan, but I can't complain about his play in this run.

Hasek has been considered by many a Conn Smythe favourite. I feel he is undisputedly the second best player on the Wings right now (behind you know who). The crucial saves he has made have been magnificant. Ozzy is a good goalie, but I doubt we'd be as far as we are now with him there. The only thing he does better is play the puck.

The bottom line:

Hasek right now is as good better than Osgood was in his prime.... And that's not a knock on Ozzie, few goalies in the league will ever measure up to Dominik Hasek......

we loose one game and Hasek sucks, wow, how typical.

Why don't they just merge this thread with the "frozen snow angel" thread from last week posted after we lost one game.

We should probably either:

A) Close this thread

or

B) Rename it the ultimate Goalie thread and let us have our way with each other...

other than this this thread is dumb.

Edited by OsGOD

What do you expect from a member whose user name is REGWINGSUOFMFAN. WE are RED WING fans here. And Bill Clement as the avatar? Dom got screened pretty good on two goals. Those who jump of the wagon should not be allowed to return.

you must be mad!!!