• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Fire Millen! sign at end of the game 4

Rate this topic

I now understand what you Lions fans are going through. I'm going to start the "Fire Thompson" trend in Green Bay this season after what he's done to this team.

Sidenote: I love the fact that "Fire Millen" continues to pop up in arena after arena.

Guest jaytan

I was watching the news a while ago, and noticed a "Fire Millen" sign at an anti-war rally.

I was watching the news a while ago, and noticed a "Fire Millen" sign at an anti-war rally.

Hahahaha! Too funny.

The best sign I've seen at Ford Field was "We can't A-FORD to keep Millen!". Security was running after this guy to grab the sign. As soon as they'd close in, he'd throw the sign and another fan would grab it and start running around with it. It looked like a freakin' Benny Hill episode.

I now understand what you Lions fans are going through. I'm going to start the "Fire Thompson" trend in Green Bay this season after what he's done to this team.

By "what he's done" you mean "build what has the potential to be a dominating defense", right?

He screwed up by not getting Moss. But he's done a nice job revamping the defense. Favre might be hacked that he didn't "add any playmakers", but I have to believe the offensive line will be better next year (all those young guys got in the weight room, plus everyone's had a year in the zone blocking system now) and that alone should allow Bubba Franks to get back into the offense. The RB we took out of Nebraska, Jackson, is supposed to be an ideal fit for the scheme we run.

People flip out too much about that 4-12 season. It had to happen at some point, and it was because Mike Sherman tanked about 3 drafts in a row so there's no core of players just entering the prime of their careers (who should be the key part of our team). TT has done a great job cleaning up Sherman's mess. Give the man time.

-Tim

By "what he's done" you mean "build what has the potential to be a dominating defense", right?

He screwed up by not getting Moss. But he's done a nice job revamping the defense. Favre might be hacked that he didn't "add any playmakers", but I have to believe the offensive line will be better next year (all those young guys got in the weight room, plus everyone's had a year in the zone blocking system now) and that alone should allow Bubba Franks to get back into the offense. The RB we took out of Nebraska, Jackson, is supposed to be an ideal fit for the scheme we run.

People flip out too much about that 4-12 season. It had to happen at some point, and it was because Mike Sherman tanked about 3 drafts in a row so there's no core of players just entering the prime of their careers (who should be the key part of our team). TT has done a great job cleaning up Sherman's mess. Give the man time.

-Tim

What I mean by "what he's done" is lying to Favre that he was going to get him playmakers this season. I agree that TT has done a good job of building for the future, but he lied to Favre simply so the team would finish the upcoming season around 8-8 instead of 4-12, and he could keep his job. I wouldn't respect Holland if he lied to a guy like Yzerman, and I don't respect Thompson for lying to Favre.

The fact of the matter is, Favre will not be on the Packers when their turnaround hits (2-3 seasons from now), so its in the best interest of the team to use the quarterback of the future right now so that they are comfortable with the team around them 2-3 seasons from now.

One of two things should have happened this offseason: (1) TT should have added a couple players and go for the playoffs with Favre or (2) TT should have had the stones to tell Favre they aren't going for it this year, and they are going to draft the way they did, thus making Favre's decision easy. Neither of these two happened, and now you've frustrated the best quarterback that ever put on the green & gold.

Sorry, back on topic.

What I mean by "what he's done" is lying to Favre that he was going to get him playmakers this season. I agree that TT has done a good job of building for the future, but he lied to Favre simply so the team would finish the upcoming season around 8-8 instead of 4-12, and he could keep his job. I wouldn't respect Holland if he lied to a guy like Yzerman, and I don't respect Thompson for lying to Favre.

The fact of the matter is, Favre will not be on the Packers when their turnaround hits (2-3 seasons from now), so its in the best interest of the team to use the quarterback of the future right now so that they are comfortable with the team around them 2-3 seasons from now.

One of two things should have happened this offseason: (1) TT should have added a couple players and go for the playoffs with Favre or (2) TT should have had the stones to tell Favre they aren't going for it this year, and they are going to draft the way they did, thus making Favre's decision easy. Neither of these two happened, and now you've frustrated the best quarterback that ever put on the green & gold.

Sorry, back on topic.

That's fair, if he told actually told Favre that.

The way I look at it is this: The defense is going to be VERY good this year. In adding Harrell, they may have gotten the pocket collapsing DT that will be perfect playing next to Picket. The defensive line with Kampman and Jenkins on the outside, and KGB coming in on passing downs should be excellent. Harrell will help keep the linemen off our very fast linebackers, and we've got two of the best corners in the game, who will only be helped by an upgraded pass rush.

Favre will love playing with a shorter field more often.

And it's not like he didn't add a running back in the 2nd round and a WR in the 3rd. Plus we get Koren Robinson back for almost an entire season. Jennings is healthy and Martin & Holiday looked outstanding in the last couple games last year.

As long as the offensive line improved (which SHOULD be the case), we should be juuuuust fine on offense. That'll allow the TE to get back into patterns again and I can't imagine Bubba will have another year as bad as last year was.

And when Rodgers steps in finally, he's going to have a dominating defense to play with. TT has done a great job building that up. It may not be as sexy as scoring 35 points per game, but defense still wins championships. Especially since we won't be lucky enough to face Rex Grossman for the Super Bowl :lol::lol:

-Tim

Guest toolz19

-Tim

This makes no sence. Brett Favre IS washed up and the Packers will need a miracle to finish anywhere close to 500. But why are people even talking about the weak azz Packers on a fire Millen thread on a Redwings board.

Brett Farve will be traded before the start of the season anyway. I live in WI and cant wait to rub it in when it happens. :D

This makes no sence. Brett Favre IS washed up and the Packers will need a miracle to finish anywhere close to 500. But why are people even talking about the weak azz Packers on a fire Millen thread on a Redwings board.

Brett Farve will be traded before the start of the season anyway. I live in WI and cant wait to rub it in when it happens. :D

Horrid post if you ask me.

If you want to discuss this further, I'll be happy to in the 'Other Sports' section of the boards. Start a thread if your interested.

I live in wisconsin, but i dont care, screw football

Another person like myself who moved to Wisconsin from Troy, MI huh? That's cool.

Twas indeed. Doesn't merit a response really.

I started a Packers topic in the "Other Sports" area.

-Tim

Guest toolz19

If you want to discuss this further, I'll be happy to in the 'Other Sports' section of the boards. Start a thread if your interested.

Horrid post????? I guess if your a Packer fan. But your a Wing fan to so you are forgiven.

I saw that. I LMAO. It would be even funnier if the guy was a Ducks fan.

Did the guy actually have on Wings apparel? In the picture shown, the scoresheet is blocking his shirt so I couldn't tell. I continued to watch for 10 minutes or so after the game finished, but missed seeing that guy.

Guest jaytan

A Packers fan complaining about off-season moves to a Lions fan would be like a Wings fan complaining about on-ice talent to a Hawks fan.

A Packers fan complaining about off-season moves to a Lions fan would be like a Wings fan complaining about on-ice talent to a Hawks fan.

Well played. :blush:

I retract my statement.

Saw that too, that was great! Made the loss a bit easier to take. Off topic, but what was your take on the octopus thrown on the ice at the end of the game, yet another team mocking our tradition! Got me kind of mad.

I'm pretty sure it was a Wings fan that didn't want to carry the octopus out with him/her.

Sidenote: I love the fact that "Fire Millen" continues to pop up in arena after arena.

So your a Green Bay fan??IPB Image

Guest Crymson

Anyone else see this while watching the game? I saw it and laughed my a** off. Thanks whomever that was. Made the loss easier to take.

Here is the picture for those that missed it.

IPB Image

I've seen that sign before when the Wings were in Anaheim. Beyond that, I've heard about such signs at Pistons away games as well. I've certainly seen such signs at Wings and Pistons home games; on one occasion somebody struck up a "Fire Millen" chant at the Palace and Sheed joined in.

Now, I think that after a guy you hired to "rebuild" the Lions--after they missed the playoffs by a field goal the year before--rebuilt the team straight into the worst three-year record in the history of the NHL, he doesn't deserve a five-year contract extension. This rings especially true after the orange-out and all the fan protests against Millen, which ought to show Ford that Lions fans are--rightfully, IMO-- beginning to hate the team. However, Ford evidently disagreed with my assessment of Millen's worth, as Matty has indeed been contracted to destroy the team for another half-decade.

Ford, of course, has proven that he can run a football team about as well as an auto business; that is, not at all. In the end, perhaps Ford is behind all the bad decisions anyway. Is it possible that the guy makes money off of a failing business? Hey, the dudes in The Producers pulled that off, after all...