• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

What I Realized From Game 4

Rate this topic

I realised that the aneheim ducks are just too confortable in our zone, specially in front of our net ... Yesterday 4/5 goals were cause their was too much traffic in front of the net ... thats the only reason we lost yesterday ... therefore I dont blame hasek ... as a matter a fact I dont blame anyone ... We played good ... giguerre player really good ... their defense was pumped up for a reason ... and we came up short ... markov didnt have a great game ... and i really think at least for the third period zettz and dats should of been reunited ... like wings dynasty mentioned in the other forum ... anyways im confident wings are going to be flying out for game 5 anyways that's all i had to say.

The Ducks may have been comfortable in the Wings zone last night, but they sure as hell weren't in Game 3. The fact of the matter is a few mistakes and poor 5-on-3 play cost the Wings this game.

What I've continued to realize more and more as these playoffs wear on, is this team thrives on adversity. Last night, was a great example of our boys making things more difficult on themselves, but since the playoffs started, they continue to thrive after a tough loss. This is the type of bad loss that drives Dom nuts, and as long as I've seen him play, I've noticed that he comes back and is a wall after a game like last night. I seriously expect to see him shutting the door come Sunday afternoon. If there's one thing I'm comfortable with when it comes to Dom, its that when everything is on the line, he plays his best, and this playoff year, that seems to ring true for the rest of the Wings.

You are right Never Forget Mac ... i agree with you ... hasek always comes up strong after games like this specially when the game's are close and he loses ... just like after game 2 ... when we lost in ot ... hasek came out and gave the team a SO ... im not saying im expecting a SO again but i expect him to have a great game ... anyways we just need to do a bit of a better job clearing the front of the net and not letting crash it and were all good .

Lucky bounces. What else can we say. I mean check Selanne's goal - he swings at a bouncing puck coming across the ice and it goes in! Whatever. Again i'll ask where the bad ass Ducks are everyone told us we'd be lucky to win a game or 2 against? There's no more secrets between these teams and we know [as if we didn't before] that that team is very beatable. They played what can only be described as stiffs the first 2 rounds [Luongo aside]. We've seen what is very likely the best they can throw at us, and the series is tied 2-2, when it easily could've been 3-1 today. Calm down. Geez.

Home ice advantage is good for me. We need to do our job at home. And who says we may even need a game 7 - as if Anaheim is a lock to win game 6.

Go WINGS!!

Edited by motorcitykid

The Ducks may have been comfortable in the Wings zone last night, but they sure as hell weren't in Game 3. The fact of the matter is a few mistakes and poor 5-on-3 play cost the Wings this game.

What I've continued to realize more and more as these playoffs wear on, is this team thrives on adversity. Last night, was a great example of our boys making things more difficult on themselves, but since the playoffs started, they continue to thrive after a tough loss. This is the type of bad loss that drives Dom nuts, and as long as I've seen him play, I've noticed that he comes back and is a wall after a game like last night. I seriously expect to see him shutting the door come Sunday afternoon. If there's one thing I'm comfortable with when it comes to Dom, its that when everything is on the line, he plays his best, and this playoff year, that seems to ring true for the rest of the Wings.

:clap: wow nicely put

We lost last night because of poor vision and passing while trying to exit out zone. We've had that problem in many of the games in each of the series. It's not about their defense taking it away, it's about us handing it over while they have speed moving across our blue line. Shots were only 39-23 in our favor and our guys seem to make sure as many of their 23 had as much impact as possible. There's also the 2 5 on 3 embarrassments but the main problem in that game was puck control while exiting our zone.

Know what I realized after the game.......

The Wings have been 2-2 in both series this year and won with ease at the Joe in game 5. No worries. Go wings

Anyone have the stats on teams that win game 5 in a series?

Wings will be fine at home. And they get two days rest. The Ducks were desparate to win that hockey game - I thought we outplayed them for the most part - and those are positives to bring to game 5. I think Babs, Hasek and the boys will be ready to roll on Sunday at home...looking forward to it.

I realised that the aneheim ducks are just too confortable in our zone, specially in front of our net ... Yesterday 4/5 goals were cause their was too much traffic in front of the net ... thats the only reason we lost yesterday ... therefore I dont blame hasek ... as a matter a fact I dont blame anyone ... We played good ... giguerre player really good ... their defense was pumped up for a reason ... and we came up short ... markov didnt have a great game ... and i really think at least for the third period zettz and dats should of been reunited ... like wings dynasty mentioned in the other forum ... anyways im confident wings are going to be flying out for game 5 anyways that's all i had to say.

Don't agree with me, it gets you no where. ;)

I remember back in 02' when we won the cup.

--WCF we played Colorado Avs... We were down in the series 3-2, Hasek and the Wings had an awful game 5... It looked as if the Avs were going to dominate us going back to Colorado for game 6. OMG, Hell NO! We came back and defeated the Avs and Patrick Roy 2-0. Then came back to Detroit and Shut out the Avs and Roy 7-0 (I think)... Sending the almighty Patrick Roy off to a night that he'll never forget.

Hasek has a bad game, he'll comes back to have back to back shut outs. That's just the Dominator for ya

GO WINGS IN 6 !!!!!!

The simple fact is: It's not over and we're not out of it until the other team gets all 4 of their wins. Ideally, we would have taken both games in Aneheim, but coming home with a split was not the worst case scenario either. We were able to limit the shots on net, but unfortunately, most of their shots were also pretty good chances. We need the move those Ducks out from in front of Dom and get the puck out of our zone.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

One thing I realized is that we're getting worse on faceoffs and last night's display probably had a fair amount to do with us losing and the Ducks spending time in our zone causing trouble.

Without looking, can anybody take a guess at what our faceoff percentage was last night? I'll guarantee you Babcock knows what it was. We were averaging over 51% wins on faceoffs in the first 3 games. Last night was atrocious.

One thing I realized is that we're getting worse on faceoffs and last night's display probably had a fair amount to do with us losing and the Ducks spending time in our zone causing trouble.

Without looking, can anybody take a guess at what our faceoff percentage was last night? I'll guarantee you Babcock knows what it was. We were averaging over 51% wins on faceoffs in the first 3 games. Last night was atrocious.

thats a good point, I did realize we were losing a bunch of faceoffs last night, key ones too. Thats something we can improve on for next game, especially the Duck zone on a powerplay faceoffs, crucial to win to start the powerplay on the right foot.

:clap:

Lucky bounces. What else can we say. I mean check Selanne's goal - he swings at a bouncing puck coming across the ice and it goes in! Whatever. Again i'll ask where the bad ass Ducks are everyone told us we'd be lucky to win a game or 2 against? There's no more secrets between these teams and we know [as if we didn't before] that that team is very beatable. They played what can only be described as stiffs the first 2 rounds [Luongo aside]. We've seen what is very likely the best they can throw at us, and the series is tied 2-2, when it easily could've been 3-1 today. Calm down. Geez.

Home ice advantage is good for me. We need to do our job at home. And who says we may even need a game 7 - as if Anaheim is a lock to win game 6.

Go WINGS!!

Yeah, I'll chime in here. The announcer (Doc Emerick) said "Selanne charges hard to the net.........: BULLs***. Selanne was just coasting and cherry picking like he always does. Lucky bounce to his stick and plop, he scores. That guy won't crash the net and sledom goes into the coprners to dig out a puck. He's a coaster. Kind of like Brett Hull was before Scotty taught him to play defensively.

Edited by Wings_Fan_in_KC

You... have... the... dreaded... Ellipsis... Virus...

[edited to add, and to stay OT: Despite his performance last night, I realized how eminently beatable Giguere is-- trust me, if I can see it, so does the Wings coaching staff. I wouldn't call him a bad goalie, ever-- he's made it this far, and that's admirable-- but if I were a Duck, I'd rather have [insert name of nearly any past or present Wing goaltender HERE] (heh, yeah I adore hyperbole) in net.

Edited by RedRockit

We lost last night because of poor vision and passing while trying to exit out zone. We've had that problem in many of the games in each of the series. It's not about their defense taking it away, it's about us handing it over while they have speed moving across our blue line. Shots were only 39-23 in our favor and our guys seem to make sure as many of their 23 had as much impact as possible. There's also the 2 5 on 3 embarrassments but the main problem in that game was puck control while exiting our zone.

I have to say both the Ducks and Sharks are good at intercepting the puck with speed. The Wings turned the puck over in the defensive zone to often in their loses to these teams.

They seemed to learn from their mistakes against the Sharks and didn't let it happen in games 5 & 6 of that series.

I think the Wings will make the corrections against the Ducks as well.