• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan_54

"No Pronger, we still won, Wings are done"

Rate this topic

As i've been checking different forums tsn etc this seems to be the motto duck fans are using and im kinda tired of hearing it. Detroit is without Schnedier AND Kronwall (2 and 3 respectively) i believe on the depth chart, and don't hear us complaining or talking s*** after we win a game that we're without them. Hockey is a team game and not about 1 player, that's what ru supposed to do come 2gether when and step up ur game when playrs go down, every1 has injuries and or suspensions, so plz stop using that line GO WINGS GO

No matter what is said or isn't said... Last night was a HUGE win for the Mighty Phucks.... Would I say the wings are done? Not with 2 of three games left at home....

Boy you gotta wonder... the wings fans are being knocked at home because of "attendance" issues and yet the Wings are still powerhouses at the JLA. Gotta love that!

Oddly the Mighty Phucks looked 100% better without Pronger than they ever did with him in the lineup. Perhaps they rely too much on one person.... either way, their goose is cooked.

Edited by OsGOD

As i've been checking different forums tsn etc this seems to be the motto duck fans are using and im kinda tired of hearing it. Detroit is without Schnedier AND Kronwall (2 and 3 respectively) i believe on the depth chart, and don't hear us complaining or talking s*** after we win a game that we're without them. Hockey is a team game and not about 1 player, that's what ru supposed to do come 2gether when and step up ur game when playrs go down, every1 has injuries and or suspensions, so plz stop using that line GO WINGS GO

The Ducks KNEW they had to win that game as all good teams do in that kind of situation. Still, the Wings came back and could have won (Flip's shorthanded crossbar :(

I for one don't give a rip what Ducks fans say.

Dom will be huge Sunday, as will Hank and Pavs.

HAVE FAITH!

The best source for seeing what Ducks fans actually think is on a Ducks board because there people say things knowing that everyone there is pro-ducks pretty much.....On all the boards I've been on, the impression I'm getting, which I agree with, is that it was a huge win for us and that we have a good chance of winning Game 5. We're far from counting the Wings out in this series, considering they dominated us in Game 3.

...thing is, Giggy beat us yesterday, the Ducks didn't. We totally outplayed, outshot, outhit and outhustled them. Giggy beat Dom, period. I am not saying Ducks didn't earn the win, they did. They took advantage of the oppourtunites and we couldn't, thanks to Giggy. He had a not so great outing in game 3 and he turned the heat up in game 4. Same thing Hasek does (ie. game 2 to game 3.) Lets hope that Giggy has played his best and Dom steps it up again, becuase Dom at his best, beats almost ANY goalie at his best. If not, well, it'll be another frustrating night...

...thing is, Giggy beat us yesterday, the Ducks didn't. We totally outplayed, outshot, outhit and outhustled them. Giggy beat Dom, period. I am not saying Ducks didn't earn the win, they did. They took advantage of the oppourtunites and we couldn't, thanks to Giggy. He had a not so great outing in game 3 and he turned the heat up in game 4. Same thing Hasek does (ie. game 2 to game 3.) Lets hope that Giggy has played his best and Dom steps it up again, becuase Dom at his best, beats almost ANY goalie at his best. If not, well, it'll be another frustrating night...

Not to sound cliche,but the bounces went their way last night.

I felt we were the better team,and it was a missed opportunity to bury them.

The pressure is on us to win at home on Sunday.

Oddly the Mighty Phucks looked 100% better without Pronger than they ever did with him in the lineup.

Yes, I'm happy that Chris is coming back. We have better chanches then. :)

Historically, Hasek will kill in this next game. He always seems to dominate after a tough loss. As much as the goals weren't all his fault, he will be ready to redeem himself because to him, game 4 was a bad performance.

If we are learning anything from the Western Conference, it's that all these teams are pretty good. Calgary had it's moments, but SJ and Anaheim are dang good teams.

Wings still take this series in 6... game 5 will set us up for a huge win on Tuesday night at the Pond.

Edited by scotzman

I have to say, I'm just not worried anymore about the Ducks. When this series first started I thought the wings wouldn't be able to handle the Ducks honestly. But now, I just don't think the ducks have enough offense to beat Hasek enough times to win this series. They're solid defensively and they are physical, but they really don't score enough goals on a regular basis. I'm just not worried.

Wings in 6. Hasek starts becoming a wall from game 5 on.

The best source for seeing what Ducks fans actually think is on a Ducks board because there people say things knowing that everyone there is pro-ducks pretty much.....On all the boards I've been on, the impression I'm getting, which I agree with, is that it was a huge win for us and that we have a good chance of winning Game 5. We're far from counting the Wings out in this series, considering they dominated us in Game 3.

Hey PHUCKFANFORLIFE don't wanna see you posting here anymore. You were the one on the Mighty Duck forums saying you were happy Pronger hit Holmstrom like he did, and saying you hoped he was hurt. BYE BYE NOW FLAMER.

Just shows we have class.I do see that some Duck fans have class too,there are some good ones out there.

Gotta love how the Wings played last night.They were off their game and still played like a power house.

I have to say, I'm just not worried anymore about the Ducks. When this series first started I thought the wings wouldn't be able to handle the Ducks honestly. But now, I just don't think the ducks have enough offense to beat Hasek enough times to win this series. They're solid defensively and they are physical, but they really don't score enough goals on a regular basis. I'm just not worried.

Wings in 6. Hasek starts becoming a wall from game 5 on.

Keep running with that train of thought. LOL Can't stop what you can't see.

Let the Ducks fans say what they want. They won one game and it seemed bigger because they were without Proger.

Fact is the Wings are averaging 3.25 goals per game this series while the Ducks average is 2.75. If this continues the wings will win the series.

Last night the Ducks won because the puck seemed to jump to there sticks in the first and Giggy's pads didn't allow a goal in the 3rd. It also didn't help that the Wings were more interested in playing Tic-Tac-Toe while on the 5 on 3's than in shooting the puck. We need to get people in front of the net and let them clean up after Giggy's rebounds.

Wings have played well in the afternoon games, not to mention Game 5's. They will come out big on Sunday and make us proud.

Wings in 6.

Keep running with that train of thought. LOL Can't stop what you can't see.

I won't bet against Hasek until he loses a playoff series in a red wings jersey. The wings were sloppy defensively yesterday and that's why they lost. Giguere has been very beatable all series long, and average in all 4 games in my opinion.

I am not trying to sound disrespectful or overconfident, but I just am not concerned anymore. Like I said, before this series started, i was extremely concerned, and after 2 games, still concerned. But after the last two, I'm just not anymore.

People can talk about Pronger coming back giving momentum, but the wings beat the ducks twice with pronger in the lineup so I don't think it'll matter. If anything i think the ducks are more disciplined WITHOUT pronger in the lineup.

Again, I'm just not worried anymore.

Guest jaytan

OK, the anger has subsided somewhat, and I now realize that we do still have a chance in this series. :lol:

That game was a huge win for the Ducks, but they needed it more than us. This one'll probably go seven, and most people (myself included) thought it would go seven (or at least six) from the very beginning, so let's just learn what we can from last night, forget about everything else from last night and win one at the Joe on Sunday!

My weekend's still ruined though.

we dominated you guys in game 4 as well , just got a few bad bounces , a post by filppula and hasek playing his worst playoff game in the playoffs so far , were at home next game where we have a great record and hasek hardly has bad back to back games , so i find it hard to believe most(not you) ducks fans are saying there gonna win the series now cause they didnt have pronger when you consider we beat them twice with him in the lineup .......its almost as if the ducks having pronger in forces us to play better which in turn helps us

I won't bet against Hasek until he loses a playoff series in a red wings jersey. The wings were sloppy defensively yesterday and that's why they lost. Giguere has been very beatable all series long, and average in all 4 games in my opinion.

I am not trying to sound disrespectful or overconfident, but I just am not concerned anymore. Like I said, before this series started, i was extremely concerned, and after 2 games, still concerned. But after the last two, I'm just not anymore.

People can talk about Pronger coming back giving momentum, but the wings beat the ducks twice with pronger in the lineup so I don't think it'll matter. If anything i think the ducks are more disciplined WITHOUT pronger in the lineup.

:clap:

Arrogant or not, if we lose this series it's because of our own doing, not Anaheim's. They simply are NOT the team everyone told Detroit and it's fans to get ready for. Add a healthy blueline to the mix and a few less cheesy bounces - where the hell would Anaheim be now?

Edited by motorcitykid

Its a 3 game set now, the best team is gonna win. From the beginning i thought this would go 7 and it appears headed that way. I wouldn't call any goalie average in the first game i thought both played really well. Hasek came back down to earth for a game and Giguere made the stops when the ducks needed them. On to game 5,should be a good one. We'll see how it pans out on sunday and then revisit your non-worried demeanor. LOL

the ducks were the better team collectively last night, bottom line.

that was one game, there are at least two more coming.

save the "we're dead, you're dead" comments for an elimination game at least... even game 5 is not the deciding

game that dictates whether or not the wings move to the next round yet people are treating it like it is.

as far as duck fans, there have been some classy people visiting our boards but overall they have a lot to learn

from the likes of some calgary and san jose fans... perhaps grypho will elect to teach them a thing or two.

Im not sure I understand exaclty how Giggy beat us.

We scored 3 goals on him.

I dont think he played exceptionally well last night at all.

I wouldn't call it exceptional either,but it was enough. Sometimes thats all you can ask of your netminder. Hasek and the D in front of him had an off night.

As i've been checking different forums tsn etc this seems to be the motto duck fans are using and im kinda tired of hearing it. Detroit is without Schnedier AND Kronwall (2 and 3 respectively)

Kronwall is far from a top 3 defenseman and Schneider has been replaced on the PP by Samuelsson who generates good scoring chances...

So our depth is not really in question... That would be if we lose Lids or if we had some very poor 6 and 7 defensemen

Also, one game without Pronger is a no-factor...

The Wings deserved widely the last game anyway

My opinion is that despite the loss, the Wings stepped up in game 4 and they will take these series

Edited by RedWings

First period killed us with stupid mistakes, that is all, we adjusted, but never made up for our early ignorance

Historically, Hasek will kill in this next game.

Last night looked like he would of went out and started checking people given the oppritunity

Hey!

hockey is a team-sport!!You have to give all your power and passion in every single game- if there is pronger on the ice or not.

Anyway- my opinion is, that the ducks players are pushed by the fact that pronger was out. isnt it?

I believe that our wings will fight back in game 5! So:

LET´EM SEE RED!

I love the up and down of hockey fans. Tie up a series and the other team is done! *snicker*

It's down to a best of three series now, with at least 2 more games to be played. I'm sticking with my Wings in 7 predicition...this series has been so back and forth it's maddening, and I don't see that changing at all!