• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Packer487

Packers Talk

Rate this topic

Let's have at it!

I was a little annoyed with the lack of free agent signings this offseason, myself. But with the money some of those guys were going for, it's hard to blame TT for not jumping in. He used most of the excess cap space to lock up guys like Jenkins and Barnett, who are key parts as this team moves ahead. I'd much rather have him do that then throw money at players who won't actually help. The Vikings and Redskins are the offseason champions every year, but it never plays out on the field.

When you've got the youngest team in the league, you can afford to stand pat sometimes and let the kids play. Moss was the one guy that I really feel they should've brought in. Especially with how wide open the NFC is, he could've put them over the top.

I still think they're in position to have a very successful 2007 season. They should improve just based on guys getting healthy and getting more experience.

-Tim

Let's have at it!

I was a little annoyed with the lack of free agent signings this offseason, myself. But with the money some of those guys were going for, it's hard to blame TT for not jumping in. He used most of the excess cap space to lock up guys like Jenkins and Barnett, who are key parts as this team moves ahead. I'd much rather have him do that then throw money at players who won't actually help. The Vikings and Redskins are the offseason champions every year, but it never plays out on the field.

When you've got the youngest team in the league, you can afford to stand pat sometimes and let the kids play. Moss was the one guy that I really feel they should've brought in. Especially with how wide open the NFC is, he could've put them over the top.

I still think they're in position to have a very successful 2007 season. They should improve just based on guys getting healthy and getting more experience.

-Tim

Great thread! I'll be posting here a lot.

I don't pay attention much to the whole offseason crap and politics, all i know is that we need a nice offensive core behind brett in order to get anything done, especially losing henderson and green. Favre can't command points to the scoreboard by himself, he needs talent around him to get open so he can thread the needle like only he can to make the big play. i happened to watch the first round of the draft and laughed out loud when the packer fans boo'ed the management with the pickup of some O'line or D'line schmo. I love the packers night and day, but they need to turn it around to get them out of this .500 slump...

Now that the Wings season is over, I can officially get excited for the Packers to start. Don't get me wrong, I'll be watching the SCF's intently, but once the Wings season has concluded, I start looking forward to the Packers.

Their first preseason game is on August 11th @ Pittsburgh.

Countdown until then: 80 Days!

Sidenote: Damn I miss Red Wing hockey already and it hasn't even been a day yet.

Now that the Wings season is over, I can officially get excited for the Packers to start. Don't get me wrong, I'll be watching the SCF's intently, but once the Wings season has concluded, I start looking forward to the Packers.

Their first preseason game is on August 11th @ Pittsburgh.

Countdown until then: 80 Days!

Sidenote: Damn I miss Red Wing hockey already and it hasn't even been a day yet.

You and me both sir! Of course, I've still got a Pistons playoff run to look forward to (not sure if you're into basketball) plus auto racing.

I moved to Madison from Ann Arbor a couple months ago, so I'm close enough to probably hit up 3 Packers games this year. I'm pretty excited. I love football, but there really is nothing like April and May with the NBA and NHL playoffs going on. Game every night, most cases multiple games, and it's hard not to have a rooting interest in every damn one of them.

I really like what I've read about Brandon Jackson, the running back out of Nebraska. He hasn't put on a jersey yet and I love the kid. He couldn't come to minicamp because the NFL made him go to this thing in LA where they do trading card photos and whatnot. He was really upset he couldn't be at minicamp, and he was excited Favre was coming because he "wanted to show Brett that there aren't going to be any problems with the running game this year". I guess Morency put on some muscle in the offseason too.

If Blackmon stays healthy, I think we've got our nickle back. He would've been a first round pick if he stayed at corner his senior season. BC needed a WR so he moved for the betterment of the team, even though it cost him 3 rounds in the draft and some significant coin. The reports on him were glowing.

-Tim