• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

We WILL win game 5.

Rate this topic

Game 5 us just another game... it will be won or lost on its own merit... not the foreknowledge and prognostication of Internet forum goers. ;)

To the winner go the spoils. And may that winner be the Wings!

What he said.

this thread should be re-named...we BETTER win game 5 ^_^

Regardless of who wins game 5 i still think its a series after that. Either team is capable of taking two games in a row from the other.

Where we stand now is that each team has won a game apiece despite being outplayed, and each team has earned one game apiece by outplaying the other team. As much as I'd like to think that 5-0 victory was Wings A game vs Ducks A game, it just isn't the case. They didn't show up to play that one, and unfortunately in game 2, we did.

I would love for us to win the next two, but I'm really concerned. They're riding on all the momentum they can handle, having beat us without their greatest player to even the series. I have no predictions for any of the games left in this series, but my faith is in the wings.

Guest bullocks

Faith my friend..faith.

Love the new ava. :thumbup: He'll be the #1 star in Game 5.

hagahah ya, i jumped on the filpulla bangwagon after last night...i'll admit. :lol:

Where we stand now is that each team has won a game apiece despite being outplayed, and each team has earned one game apiece by outplaying the other team. As much as I'd like to think that 5-0 victory was Wings A game vs Ducks A game, it just isn't the case. They didn't show up to play that one, and unfortunately in game 2, we did.

I would love for us to win the next two, but I'm really concerned. They're riding on all the momentum they can handle, having beat us without their greatest player to even the series. I have no predictions for any of the games left in this series, but my faith is in the wings.

they also had all the momentum after game 2, didnt mean anything...thus, why i am optimistic...but also a bit worried/nervous...just because of my love for the red wings lol

I truly believe that momentum doesn't go from game to game, but rather in flashes during a game.

Game 5 us just another game... it will be won or lost on its own merit... not the foreknowledge and prognostication of Internet forum goers. ;)

To the winner go the spoils. And may that winner be the Wings!

Come on, don't everybody's pre-game predictions of scores have any karmic effect on the games? How can we ever make bets between friends if we have no power over chance and the whims of the universe?

:rolleyes: But right. I hope that same fate to be theirs!

Guest bullocks

I think the Wings are the better team. They show signs at certain points that they can take control of the series.

They just need to keep playing their game. Lopsided shot totals :)

i'd rather get outshot, atleast this way IF we lose i wont feel like s*** saying, "oh but we outplayed them"...

I truly believe that momentum doesn't go from game to game, but rather in flashes during a game.

agreed ... any momentum from one game ends when the next puck drops ... here's hoping for a strong start Sunday!

hagahah ya, i jumped on the filpulla bangwagon after last night...i'll admit. :lol:

they also had all the momentum after game 2, didnt mean anything...thus, why i am optimistic...but also a bit worried/nervous...just because of my love for the red wings lol

Yah, too bad he didn't tie the game up when he had the chance to top shelf it. I'm a little bitter about the loss, but I agree that the Wings WILL win on Sunday. I've never known Hasek to follow up a shaky performance with another one.

Also, I have this gut feeling that the Ducks will relax a little since Pronger is coming back and honestly I don't think he has been a big enough factor to worry about (aside from his dirty hit which luckily didn't end Holmstrom's series).

I can't count the Wings out until that chubby woman is singing.

I have to admit though, before the season began, with Stevie and Shanny gone, I didnt expect much.

Can anyone agree with me that the Wings exceeded my expectations?

If they dont bring the cup home, I would not be upset.

They just showed the Wings getting off their plane on the news and they talked to Lids, Hank and Babs. They said they are disappointed they lost last night because they really felt they deserved to win, but then they said that the Ducks probably felt the same in Game 1 of the series and that it's going to happen like that sometimes. Lids says he's looking forward to practice tomorrow and that they are going to work on some different things. Also, Hank stated that while it was disappointing to lose he still thinks that being at 2-2 is a good thing and he's happy they at least got a split.

Momentum hasn't meant a thing this series so I wouldn't worry about it.

One thing I do know is that the Wings have stepped up in game 5's vs Calgary and the Sharks. I beleive they will keep that trend going.

Guest bullocks

Yah, too bad he didn't tie the game up when he had the chance to top shelf it. I'm a little bitter about the loss, but I agree that the Wings WILL win on Sunday. I've never known Hasek to follow up a shaky performance with another one.

Also, I have this gut feeling that the Ducks will relax a little since Pronger is coming back and honestly I don't think he has been a big enough factor to worry about (aside from his dirty hit which luckily didn't end Holmstrom's series).

or get the lead on that breakaway shorthanded at the end of the 2nd...wow, that would have been amazing!

They just showed the Wings getting off their plane on the news and they talked to Lids, Hank and Babs. They said they are disappointed they lost last night because they really felt they deserved to win, but then they said that the Ducks probably felt the same in Game 1 of the series and that it's going to happen like that sometimes. Lids says he's looking forward to practice tomorrow and that they are going to work on some different things. Also, Hank stated that while it was disappointing to lose he still thinks that being at 2-2 is a good thing and he's happy they at least got a split.

good s***...hopefully they mean it lol