• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucker

Who came to play?

Rate this topic

I had to post this, as some players on the Wings REALLY stepped up their game during the playoffs.

Case in point:

Pavel - he is scoring

Danny - he is "am giv'in 'her all she has captain" (in my best Scotty impersonation) I say WOW.

Lilja - Most hits and SOLID defense.

Lidstrom - Well, he is what he is.

Homer - Just sheer determination. If he was not Swede, I'd say he has SISU.. (scandinavian thing the Swedes and finns know about)

Hasek - Damned thief at times..

Flip - Where the hell did he come from?

Franzenstein - Banging bodies, scoring, and making plays.

There may be more?

Personally, I am leaning to Lilja and Cleary at the moment.

Edited to add Flip...

Edited again to add Fran..

Edited by Pucker

I had to post this, as some players on the Wings REALLY stepped up their game during the playoffs.

Case in point:

Pavel - he is scoring

Danny - he is "am giv'in 'her all she has captain" (in my best Scotty impersonation) I say WOW.

Homer - Just sheer determination. If he was not Swede, I'd say he has SISU.. (scandinavian thing the Swedes and finns know about)

There may be more?

I agree with Lily and Cleary, both have been huge ... I think Flip deserves mention too ... for a rookie he has really stepped up, now logging serious minutes on the top lines and the PK ...

Edited by lets go pavel

Clearys 10 point playoff is doing it all for me.

Lidstrom and Hasek have been good as usual too.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk need to be better in game 6 (They'll be fine in game 5 , but its games in aniheim with them that scares me)

Guest jaytan

Hands down, this one goes to Danny Cleary. He's been an amazing force for us in these playoffs, on many levels. Since we don't expect it as much from him, it means that much more.

I wouldn't say that Dats has stepped up his game, but he threw the monkey off his back and actually put some goals in so for that I give him the award.

Cleary is probably next in line. I expect Hasek and Lids to be great.

Flip is honorable mention.

Hands down, this one goes to Danny Cleary. He's been an amazing force for us in these playoffs, on many levels. Since we don't expect it as much from him, it means that much more.

Just look in his eyes, he means business. You know the look, that 1000 yard stare. I liked Danny all year. What a big heart he has.

Just look in his eyes, he means business. You know the look, that 1000 yard stare. I liked Danny all year. What a big heart he has.

QUESTION? Is he the same Dan Cleary that played in the world chamionships for the US in 95?

Guest bullocks

QUESTION? Is he the same Dan Cleary that played in the world chamionships for the US in 95?

i don't think so, he's canadian.

Damned, I dunno.. Alll I know he was someone who was drafted high, and never panned out, atleast till now.

But I dont think he is old enough to have played at that level 12 years ago?

i don't think so, he's canadian.

LOL.Ummm, nope.

Cant believe I didnt think of that.

Don't forget Franzen. Huge goals when we needed them and big hits. Really good considering that he is rarely mentioned in the media, even compared to Cleary and Lilja.

Crap, editing my first post again..

Thanks..

I don't know if its just cause he's my favorite player, but I think Chelios has really stepped it up, especially offensivley after Schneider went down.

I never saw him step up to keep the puck in before, he his first goal of the season in the first round, and i think he has like half the points than he had in the regular season, maybe a little less. I think he has stepped it up.

Also Quincey has done pretty damn well, considering he had to fill in for lebda, and now Schneider. He really hasn't made any huge mistakes, except some players has deeked passed him time to time. I thought he's done very well.

I don't know if its just cause he's my favorite player, but I think Chelios has really stepped it up, especially offensivley after Schneider went down.

I never saw him step up to keep the puck in before, he his first goal of the season in the first round, and i think he has like half the points than he had in the regular season, maybe a little less. I think he has stepped it up.

Also Quincey has done pretty damn well, considering he had to fill in for lebda, and now Schneider. He really hasn't made any huge mistakes, except some players has deeked passed him time to time. I thought he's done very well.

Oops, I got the crappers now.

How can I forget Chelios? That 45 year old war horse. Frankly when Matt went down, I thought we were fubered. Chris came up to bat, didnt he? SOLID defense, occasional rushes, and his first goal of the season.

Damn it, another edit on my first post.

Damn you all.....

Pasha, Johan, Dan, Tomas, and especially Andreas. What a demon he's been out there.

I'm happy beyond words to see Pasha throw off the no-show curse forever. He's my hero of this year. And every other year as well.

There are a few who have stepped up and given great performances. Pasha, Dan, Homer, Johan, Valtteri...and especially Andreas.

Guest jaytan

Pasha, Johan, Dan, Tomas, and especially Andreas. What a demon he's been out there.

I'm happy beyond words to see Pasha throw off the no-show curse forever. He's my hero of this year. And every other year as well.

He's got talent! But we still need him to come through more on the road. That's not as bad as the "can't play in the playoffs, period" tag, but it is a little upsetting.

The question being who upped their game the most? Easily Lilja. As a matter of fact, he has upped it so much that it is forgotten around here that he was the ultimate laughing stock of LGW. Many of us would rather have Lebda scratched then him in a heartbeat, and that never, NEVER was the case in the regular season. He's been playing phenomonal.

Case in point:

Pavel - he is scoring

Flip - Where the hell did he come from?

Franzenstein - Banging bodies, scoring, and making plays.

There may be more?

Edited to add Flip...

Edited again to add Fran..

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "stepped it up". Although, Pavel, Lids, and Dom have been strong all playoffs long, these are guys who are expected to deliver. Even if they are playing above the norm, it would take a lot for me to say that "they've really stepped it up". For me, when asked this question I think of a role player or secondary player who has gone far beyond what has been expected of him.

I would say that the biggest surprises are Cleary and Lilja. For me major props also go to Franzen, Filppula, and Cheli.