• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sHANKshot

Lidstrom is a cut above Pronger/Niedermayer

Rate this topic

Have noticed how the Wings' slick guys Hank, Pavel, Flip have been waltzing past #44 and #27 regularly in this series, and the Ducks guys haven't really been doing the same to Lidstrom? He's got more points as well. It may be that our skill guys are better one on one but you judge it by what you see in the games. I think it's clear who the best defenseman in the NHL is...

Yes I know the Norris has already been decided and I think's Nik's bagged it already...

Guest bullocks

Have noticed how the Wings' slick guys Hank, Pavel, Flip have been waltzing past #44 and #27 regularly in this series, and the Ducks guys haven't really been doing the same to Lidstrom? He's got more points as well. It may be that our skill guys are better one on one but you judge it by what you see in the games. I think it's clear who the best defenseman in the NHL is...

Yes I know the Norris has already been decided and I think's Nik's bagged it already...

u mean #25, not #44

how many games have u actually watched? :scared:

Guest bullocks

Just the Ducks games vs the Wings :zzz: right right, that's his old#... when they actually made to the final...

:unsure:

I'd be tempted to say it's a lock. Nick's seriously a more game-shaping, dominating presence than either of those two guys - hands down.

The guy's also making a case for the Conn Smythe in this playoff run. The Norris should be all his, not Niedermayer. I consider Pronger decidedly unworthy of the trophy.

I consider Pronger decidedly unworthy of the trophy.

I'm not sure whether to quote Shakespeare, "Truer words were ne'er spoke" or to reply, "DUHHVVCOURSE he innit ....!" :D

I'm not sure whether to quote Shakespeare, "Truer words were ne'er spoke" or to reply, "DUHHVVCOURSE he innit ....!" :D

Do both and get high-falootin' with the dead poet while keepin' it real. :lol:

Pronger could probably use to read some of the plays and sonnets though. Might culture him up a bit, maybe teach him how to speak in sentences bigger than two words with his wife and children. Maybe even inspire a whole Pronger clan intellectual renaissance.

-- Yeah, like that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

LETS GO PIXIES

Nick's obviously my favorite, but honestly I think if Pronger was healthy all season he'd be a solid choice to win the Norris too. I've never seen Niedermayer as at the same level as Pronger or Lids. Close, but definitely third.

That's true but he wasn't so it's an easy choice. Nik has that uncanny way of almost surgically removing the puck from opposing players, even when he has to catch up from behind.

I honestly don't even know why there are three candidates for the Norris. Lidstrom is in his own league; especially after Pronger's suspension.

The Norris is more of a SEASON award and really doesnt have anything to do with the playoffs. If the Wings hadnt made the playoffs and Lindstrom had the same season he's still be in the running and would probably still win. And i agree with the person that said Pronger could have easily been in the running if he wasnt out for a quarter of the season and i believe that Pronger would have own it easily.

Lindstrom had 62 points in 80 games.

Pronger had 59 points in only 66 games.

Yhey both had 13 goals and Lindstrom had only 3 more assist then Pronger

wouldnt call that dominating.

The Norris is more of a SEASON award and really doesnt have anything to do with the playoffs. If the Wings hadnt made the playoffs and Lindstrom had the same season he's still be in the running and would probably still win. And i agree with the person that said Pronger could have easily been in the running if he wasnt out for a quarter of the season and i believe that Pronger would have own it easily.

First of all I have absolutely no clue who Lindstrom is, and now I question your knowledge on the matter. Secondly, as much as points make the decision, they aren't all that goes into it. Lidstrom is much better defensively than Pronger is, and I think that will make all of the difference. Then you also consider the fact that Pronger had Niedermayer to feed off of for his point total. Lidstrom carried a team without Yzerman or Shanny. I think it is pretty clear cut.

The Norris Trophy is awarded to the defenceman who demonstrates "the greatest all-around ability in the position." So throwing out points scored does not tell the whole story.

P.S. its spelled Lidstrom

What I call dominating is a +/- 40 for Nick. Pronger is +27 which is pretty impressive and Scott's +6. Nick was in the penalty box alot less too. Anyhow, I don't see any way Nick doesn't win again looking at the numbers. I hope Niedermeyer is runner up though - Pronger isn't worthy of even that imo. But too bad character doesn't count into the equation.

The Norris Trophy is awarded to the defenceman who demonstrates "the greatest all-around ability in the position." So throwing out points scored does not tell the whole story.

P.S. its spelled Lidstrom

I know - Sheldon Souray has 62 points also - but he's a whopping -28. That means the dude's playing offense and ignores his defensive duties. I hate it when these types of guys are even considered.

Lidstrom should be Norris hands down. He's the guy who has led this team through the regular season to tie for first place (defaulting to 2nd cause of wins) for regular season points for the team. His style of play and how he dominates the half of the game he is on the ice is a considerable contribution to this red wings team and their success so far this year. This team has accomplished way more than any commentator has predicted at the begining of the season, or the playoffs.

As for conn smythe, so far i would lean toward homer. He's been a huge part of the offensive machine for the wings. I think if the wings make it to the finals, it will be whoever emerges as a hero from that series, not so much who has had a big hand throughout the playoffs. If dom controls a few games he's as much a contender as anyone else.

Big f-ing woop. Pronger is a dirty piece of s***. If anyone should compete with Nick for the Norris, it should be Scott Niedermeyer. Niedermeyer is a classy guy and a great defenseman. Pronger is a worthless piece of s*** who plays undisciplined hockey and takes bad penalties. Not to mention the fact that he resembles the Geico caveman from the commercials.

Still though, neither of them have anything on Nick. Lidstrom is the best around, and should and will rightfully win the Norris.