• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Does home ice really matter?

Rate this topic

Does home ice matter? Simply put: yes and no.

Yes: playing the majority of the games in a familiar environment, where you know the ice, the boards, the various quirks of the arena, and have the support of the fans behind you, can provide certain intangibles that can help the team.

No: you still have to play the games and find a way to win. A strong team that brings its "A" game will be a challenge to beat regardless of where it is played.

Didn't read the first page of this thread, so my apologies for repeating anything...

Home ice overall in the grand scheme of things is overrated I think. Don't get me wrong, having the home crowd loud and revved up is always a good thing, but it's not the end of all solutions that will help a team win at home.

The Wings have a respectable 4-4 record on the road in the playoffs this year, and the Shark Tank and Saddledome are very difficut venues to play in I think. So home ice isn't "everything".

However, if a series ever came to seven games, home is where it is at.

Didn't read the first page of this thread, so my apologies for repeating anything...

Home ice overall in the grand scheme of things is overrated I think. Don't get me wrong, having the home crowd loud and revved up is always a good thing, but it's not the end of all solutions that will help a team win at home.

The Wings have a respectable 4-4 record on the road in the playoffs this year, and the Shark Tank and Saddledome are very difficut venues to play in I think. So home ice isn't "everything".

However, if a series ever came to seven games, home is where it is at.

I agree with you that the Wings have really good away record considering who they have played against so far . But I also think that home is an advantage in the playoff's. I mean , if say against the Ducks this series goes to game 7 .I think it would be a huge advantage going to the JLA in front of the home crowd.