• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

Todd Bertuzzi aka freight train/big 44/ Monster/wattuzi

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

I gave the train a call last night!!! He sounded really exicted, happy to be a wing, he is not 100 yet he said he is around 65-70ish he said his back is feeling better but he has another injury i don't wanna reveal info on the net! He also is gonna send me a signed bertuzzi jersey! We used to be neighbours in vancouver and he always knew i was a huge wings fan and i was the first to find out about his trade! lol he told me today! He sounds like an ******* but he is a nice guy :!: :!: :!:

I gave the train a call last night!!! He sounded really exicted, happy to be a wing, he is not 100 yet he said he is around 65-70ish he said his back is feeling better but he has another injury i don't wanna reveal info on the net! He also is gonna send me a signed bertuzzi jersey! We used to be neighbours in vancouver and he always knew i was a huge wings fan and i was the first to find out about his trade! lol he told me today! He sounds like an ******* but he is a nice guy :!: :!: :!:

Woah. Awesomeness! I wish I was close with a Wing. Well I kinda talked to Kopay and Flip a few times but that's about it. lkjsgdks LOL

Did he say he's got a good feeling about Game 5?

Bert was always a nice guy. I met him at a vancouver airport .. 2 years ago when my family took a trip to Vancouver. I always liked him , Good tough Canadian boy. I cant wait till he'ss 100% , he's gonna start killing people(With bodychecks that is ;))

I met bert his first game back at the joe after the suspension... Welcomed him back to the NHL and got an autograph from him... Great stuff!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

seriously i hated the guy before he was a wing i pretended to like him but after that 4 goal performance aganist us i avoided him like a plague and he always went out of his way to see me and smile. i was coming home at like 5 in the morning and he seen me come in and he waved at me, the guy used to piss me off! i always got front row seats from him though.

A big reason why I stick up for him a lot and usually give him the benefit of the doubt is that he really is a great, great guy. Maybe not a guy you'd want speaking at your wedding, but then he wouldn't be a hockey player, now would he? :sly:

I remember talking with him once back when he was a 'nuck and thinking to myself, "This man is the s***. Too bad I, as a Wings fan, am contractually obligated to hate him." Needless to say, when I heard we signed him, I was so stoked.

Great to hear (and see) he's feeling well.

I gave the train a call last night!!! He sounded really exicted, happy to be a wing, he is not 100 yet he said he is around 65-70ish he said his back is feeling better but he has another injury i don't wanna reveal info on the net! He also is gonna send me a signed bertuzzi jersey! We used to be neighbours in vancouver and he always knew i was a huge wings fan and i was the first to find out about his trade! lol he told me today! He sounds like an ******* but he is a nice guy :!::!::!:

wow, thats awesome that you're buds with Bertuzzi! Did he happen to say though if this new injury is a serious one?

seriously i hated the guy before he was a wing i pretended to like him but after that 4 goal performance aganist us i avoided him like a plague and he always went out of his way to see me and smile. i was coming home at like 5 in the morning and he seen me come in and he waved at me, the guy used to piss me off! i always got front row seats from him though.

Haha!

This is one of the best stories of the day! Bert killing a neighbor with kindness (what??), and all around being friendly. This is the best press ever for the Bertuzzi monster.

Thats great to hear, I think most people could see he wasn't operating at 100% because when he does he's hard to miss. I'm sure alot of the guys still in the tourney are probably in the same boat with miscelaneous bumps and scrapes.

I have to say, I like most people after his incident and suspension had nothing but distain for the guy, but everyone makes mistakes, its best to get over it because life is too short to hate people. I have a couple of friends from Vancouver / Victoria area who reminded me that tons of other players took shots on guys like he did. It's just that everyone has forgotten those people now because they were fortunate enough to just piss the other person off and catch a penalty, and not injure them severely.

Anyways having said that, it still took me awhile to warm up to him being in Detroit's dressing room, I've forgiven him but I don't think I can forget what he did. Frankly before the trade I could have done without seeing his face again period, I rather enjoyed the fact he was in a Panthers uniform because the way NHL scheduling works currently it pretty much guaranteed that.

BUT.... The guy's human, things happen fast on the ice and emotions run high, hell Pronger could be wearing his shoes right now if it wasn't for Homer's hard head. I'll support anybody wearing the winged wheel, while I'll probably never forget what he did, I've forgiven him and am glad to hear he's in good spirits and to see him playing well.

Keep us updated!

Thats great to hear, I think most people could see he wasn't operating at 100% because when he does he's hard to miss. I'm sure alot of the guys still in the tourney are probably in the same boat with miscelaneous bumps and scrapes.

I have to say, I like most people after his incident and suspension had nothing but distain for the guy, but everyone makes mistakes, its best to get over it because life is too short to hate people. I have a couple of friends from Vancouver / Victoria area who reminded me that tons of other players took shots on guys like he did. It's just that everyone has forgotten those people now because they were fortunate enough to just piss the other person off and catch a penalty, and not injure them severely.

Anyways having said that, it still took me awhile to warm up to him being in Detroit's dressing room, I've forgiven him but I don't think I can forget what he did. Frankly before the trade I could have done without seeing his face again period, I rather enjoyed the fact he was in a Panthers uniform because the way NHL scheduling works currently it pretty much guaranteed that.

BUT.... The guy's human, things happen fast on the ice and emotions run high, hell Pronger could be wearing his shoes right now if it wasn't for Homer's hard head. I'll support anybody wearing the winged wheel, while I'll probably never forget what he did, I've forgiven him and am glad to hear he's in good spirits and to see him playing well.

Keep us updated!

I completely felt the same way.

I didn't like Bert as it was because he was such a pain in the ass to play against. Only because he was SO skilled, tough, and he'd be screening our goalies..mixing it up, and starting crap constantly. I absolutely could not stand him. It wasn't because I actually hated the guy, it was moreso I hated that he was so good and a Red Wings killer. (Drury, Deadmarsh..etc) LOL

I remember one time a few years ago I said to myself "Hmmm if there is one player in the entire NHL I could never see in a Wings jersey it's Todd Bertuzzi."

After the incident I hated him with a passion. I mean I literally couldn't look at the guy..I was disgusted. After a couple years and the lockout I just didn't care anymore. Didn't care what he'd do with his life..didn't care what team he would play for..etc..

When I found out that the Wings were interested in him..I all of a sudden became thrilled and I don't know why? I went from hating the guy to kind of wanting him to be on our side. When they actually did get him I jumped for joy. And now after awhile I've actually grown to like love the guy. It's like you almost feel bad for all that he's gone through. He really seems like one of those guys that if you meet you'll like him right off the bat and know he's a good person. I don't know. To me he got all the punishment that he deserved and that is that. It's done and over with. He already paid for it.. Mistakes happen..and well, he deserves to live a happy life and not think about it anymore. He definitely won me over..I'll tell ya that much.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

It's done and over with. He already paid for it.. Mistakes happen..and well, he deserves to live a happy life and not think about it anymore. He definitely won me over..I'll tell ya that much.

There is also a certain picture to contend with. If this can't win a body over...

IPB Image

..nothing on earth or the other side of heaven ever possibly could :P

There is also a certain picture to contend with. If this can't win a body over...

IPB Image

..nothing on earth or the other side of heaven ever possibly could :P

HAHA omg..that shirt. Come on Bert! You've got all the money you can ask for and THAT is the shirt you buy!

I believe Bert wears that pink so authoritatively HC, you have to admit that one. :rolleyes:

I also just got mistaken for being a girl in a pm just like HR40 and Offsides often do a bit ago for posting that one... and hit on, no less. I am feeling decidedly sexy now regardless.

I believe Bert wears that pink so authoritatively HC, you have to admit that one. :rolleyes:

I also just got mistaken for being a girl in a pm just like HR40 and Offsides often do a bit ago for posting that one... and hit on, no less. I am feeling decidedly sexy now regardless.

LMAO.

I believe that pic is Zettermaberg's on this site.

Anywho, Offsides and HR40 are chicks. *I know you know this* but it seems that them and myself as well always get mistaken for being a guy. At least thats what I noticed.

Anywho, Offsides and HR40 are chicks. *I know you know this* but it seems that them and myself as well always get mistaken for being a guy. At least thats what I noticed.

Haha! I know, I should have been like "mistaken for a girl like the way HR and Jen get taken for guys" ;)

I think it's probably because you three give off that knowledgeable hockey fan vibe. Little do they know that you're all knowledge ladies ontop of it!

Guest jaytan

You guys who hated Bertuzzi... Remember the Chelios effigees at the Joe when he was an irratant on Chicago?

Hell, even Claude Lepieuque could have been embraced by Wings fans if he signed with us late in his career and gave us a chance to win. :lol:

Bert's a Wing now, finally. Let's celebrate!!!

Guest bullocks

You guys who hated Bertuzzi... Remember the Chelios effigees at the Joe when he was an irratant on Chicago?

Hell, even Claude Lepieuque could have been embraced by Wings fans if he signed with us late in his career and gave us a chance to win. :lol:

the best, and only way to celebrate...would be with a cup!!

Haha! I know, I should have been like "mistaken for a girl like the way HR and Jen get taken for guys" ;)

I think it's probably because you three give off that knowledgeable hockey fan vibe. Little do they know that you're all knowledge ladies ontop of it!

That's one of the biggest mistake's in the male dominated sports world . Lots of people seem to think that girls don't know nothing about sports .In fact it's the complete opposite. Especially on this site. Offsides , HC , HR and probably most of the other girls beat me hands down when it come's to stats and their knowledge of Hockey. :blush::):thumbup:

:lol: You took that too far!!! :P

The Turtle is and always will be a complete jackass. :thumbup:

You guys are all sexist...lol...j/k

Flip-check, it sounded to me like you said I often get mistaken for a lady...I lol'ed. Probably you were mistaken for a girl because your Hudler ava shows your softer side...