• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vancouver Wings Fan

Pronger Speaks

Rate this topic

Get out this story from TSN with Proger's comments on his hit, the refs, and suspension.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=208210&hubname=

While he is correct about the inconsistent calls from shift to shift, let alone, game to game, he just does not own up to his responsibility for his actions.

I knew Pronger was rumoured to be a bit of a loose canon and somewhat of a whiner, (ask any Edmonton,/St. Louis fan) but to just absolve himself from all responsiblity to his actions, his team, his opponents and the game of hockey is a real sign of his lack of character.

I think him coming back to the line up will likely result in more power play time and inspire the Wings to bury their chances and Pronger!

Media pressure and laws of physics?! Always looking for an excuse so you don't have to take responsibility, eh Chris? I don't know if it's been mentioned on this board (haha) but Pronger is a tool...and that's the nicest thing I can think to call him right now. Man, I'm all jarred up all over again.

Apparently he believes Burke's grassy knoll theory where if there wasn't a second hitter, his elbows would have magically missed the back of Holmstrom's head.

Pronger's a very good defenseman, but not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. And he has zero media savvy, evidenced by his handling of leaving Edmonton last year.

Way to let your wife take the fall Chris. Classy. :thumbup:

Geez - only thing he left out was "ah, Homer got what he deserved."

But - I think we can all agree - when we need a lesson in physics? We're all on the edge of our seats, awaiting the words of Chris Pronger, NHL defenseman.

Damn, if anyone else ripped the officiating and the disciplinary committee like that...well, they'd get another suspension. And they say Cheli's a crybaby! <_<

Pronger's just pissed that the Ducks actually performed BETTER without him in the lineup.

Denying the patently obvious makes you look worse. The possibility of seeing this again from Chris still lurks if he doesn't see that what he did was unacceptable. When you're 6 foot 6, and are bearing down on a (much smaller) guy you need to be in control of yourself.

While I don't care much for Pronger and think he's quite an a-hole, I didn't think the suspension was warrented.

Pronger should have gotten a 5 min major, + 10 + game misconduct and Niedermeyer should have gotten nada. That would have been the right call and it would have been over with.

Apparently he believes Burke's grassy knoll theory where if there wasn't a second hitter, his elbows would have magically missed the back of Holmstrom's head.

Pronger's a very good defenseman, but not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. And he has zero media savvy, evidenced by his handling of leaving Edmonton last year.

Way to let your wife take the fall Chris. Classy. :thumbup:

Here is a better Pronger interview. You get to hear the real Prongs and not what the media wants to hack up. Enjoy! http://www.am570radio.com/cc-common/podcas...=interviews.xml

Oh tomorrow's gonna be fun.

Bertuzzi is going to meet Pronger tomorrow. And by meet I mean his fists will meet his face. HOLLA. GO GET 'EM BERT.

With all due respect, You arent going to see anything like that 1) from Bert, 2) during such an important game as this one. Sorry to disappoint.

With all due respect, You arent going to see anything like that 1) from Bert, 2) during such an important game as this one. Sorry to disappoint.

I know..but it would be nice to maybe see Bert body slam him like he did to Phaneuf in Game 5 of the first round.

I know..but it would be nice to maybe see Bert body slam him like he did to Phaneuf in Game 5 of the first round.

That may happen but I think all guys on both team knows whats at stake and now that Anaheim finally discovered what to do when Det is a man short, any penalty can be very costly. Should be a fun game. I was happy to get the split in motorcity, beating them 2 of 3 on their ice will be a tough chore.

I don't know much about Pronger. Can anyone fill me in on the edmonton wife thing? I agree, the last thing we will see is Bert hit someone. Actually my friends and I speculated that the NHL told him to never punch someone again. Like an altimatum. Possible??? But the way Dats has been maybe he will punch Pronger! LMAO!!!

Guest bullocks

Hasek's mad, i predict a shut out...

Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek entered into the war of words when he learned of Pronger's comments on the hit as reported in the Times.

"If he said anything like that it's a shame because it was a clear hit to Thomas' head and he knew exactly what he was doing," said Hasek. "He was putting his gloves on Tomas' head and into the glass.

"He knows what he's done but we can't pay too much attention to that. It's a very important game and nobody wants to spend too much time in the penalty box. Everybody will be paying attention to playing hockey and scoring goals."

I like it when opposing players say stuff like this. It gives us white board material and more motivation. I hope Pronger continues to talk.

Some players need to take note what Yzerman and Scotty were like with the media, they kept their mouth's shut. That's what made them Champions.

Yeah, only Pronger would do something like that.

Guest jaytan

I could care less at this juncure. Who cares what Pronger says, and who cares what he did? Let's just win a couple of hockey games.

I don't normally respond to moronic comments but this guy is really going off the scale now

He sure didn't talk about Rob's diving in first game did he? I'm sure league officials will act very kindly to Pronger now.

I'm listening to that link to Pronger's radio show appearance... Jesus, he is on some weird s***.

If he broke Tomas' neck on that hit, he'd STILL deny this. What bulls***.

I hope we give him a tough time tomorrow... not focus all of our energy on him solely, but still, rough him up.

Homer and Hasek respond to Pronger's comments:

"I'm going to do my job the same way and go to the front of the net," he said. "He's probably going to give me a beating again, but I'll just keep coming back." ... "I don't really care about that anymore," he said. "I'm just going forward and I'm going to play a game (Sunday). I don't care.".

Homer is absolutely hilarious and a freaking WARRIOR. That's right, Chris. Try and beat at him and see what happens.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033