• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vancouver Wings Fan

Pronger Speaks

Rate this topic

It just amazes me how someone with 12 years of experience in the NHL and supposedly a great defenseman would not have control of his arms. Physics my arse. How does someone like this, who can't control where his arms land on a check, become a Norris trophy candidate?

It just amazes me how someone with 12 years of experience in the NHL and supposedly a great defenseman would not have control of his arms. Physics my arse. How does someone like this, who can't control where his arms land on a check, become a Norris trophy candidate?

The Norris trophy is not for gentlemanly play, that's the Lady Byng. Seriously though, something like this would have no impact on whether someone is Norris worhy or not.

Isn't Chelios a former Norris winner?

The Norris trophy is not for gentlemanly play, that's the Lady Byng. Seriously though, something like this would have no impact on whether someone is Norris worhy or not.

Isn't Chelios a former Norris winner?

Yes I know about the Lady Byng. I'm just saying that a good defenseman doesn't need to make cheap shots to get the job done. Lidstrom is the prime example. Everyone who plays hockey takes penalties at one point or another. I just feel that if you have to play dirty to get the job done, you shouldn't be rewarded with a trophy. It shouldn't just be about the numbers.

All the trophies, apart from the hard set scoring leader and statistical ones, are based 98% on popularity and 2% on who you are sleeping with in the NHL. Pronger sleeps with the commish on a regular basis ergo he is one of the 3 finalists.

All the trophies, apart from the hard set scoring leader and statistical ones, are based 98% on popularity and 2% on who you are sleeping with in the NHL. Pronger sleeps with the commish on a regular basis ergo he is one of the 3 finalists.

lmao I forgot about that, so is Pronger just a nickname then?

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ONE OF THE 19,000 THAT BOO PRONGER EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE PUCK

....Not saying it will affect his game, but it will be fun :D

And i'll be content watching his sorry ass get booed on TV.

I wonder if he will whine about that and insist that it's like throwing stuff on the ice and that the home team should be assessed a penalty. I wonder if he'll insist that the people booing get thrown out of the game?

He is a big crybaby and i wouldn't be surprised if he started complaining to the refs about all the Booing.

Guest bullocks

"Chris Pronger is going to be as welcome in Joe Louis Arena as an ant at a picnic."

That is because the Red Wings are too scared of physical play. The DUCKS are physical but not dirty like those immature Calgary FLAMES. Red Wings love to dive as soon as another DUCK player is within 10 feet. The Red Wings are like the NHL, No Hope Losers.

That is because the Red Wings are too scared of physical play. The DUCKS are physical but not dirty like those immature Calgary FLAMES. Red Wings love to dive as soon as another DUCK player is within 10 feet. The Red Wings are like the NHL, No Hope Losers.

Wow. Completely ignorant you are. When have the Wings shyed away or dived from physical play in this series?

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

What the hell do you mean?

IMO Niedermayer got the game misconduct because he obviously took a run at Homers back. He got exactly what he deserved.

That play must of been a discipline nightmare for the legue. I think they handled it very well though with both players recieving adequate penalties.

I understand that opinion differs on this, but I believe the Niedermayer didn't deserve the 5 Min + game misconduct. After the initial replay I was thinking right away that they got it wrong by sending him off. If anyone, Pronger should have gotten that penalty and while it was a rough play, I don't think it warrented a 1 game supension beyond the in-game penalty.

The Red Wings outhit the Ducks last game by a fairly large margin.

im just baffled by the stupidity and arrogance of this guy. As a tall lady (6'0) and my dad being Pronger's height (6'5) I have always been taught to be aware of my height and my surroundings. He KNEW exactly where his body was going to place against Homer's and if he had any decency as a human being, he never would have gone to make a hit like that on anyone unless they were his own size.

Guest ZDH

im just baffled by the stupidity and arrogance of this guy. As a tall lady (6'0) and my dad being Pronger's height (6'5) I have always been taught to be aware of my height and my surroundings. He KNEW exactly where his body was going to place against Homer's and if he had any decency as a human being, he never would have gone to make a hit like that on anyone unless they were his own size.

And now Deep Thoughts by Chris Pronger...

"I am one gangly alien twiggy bastard."