• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:33 AM

Pronger proves by opening his mouth that he is infact a mindless goon. Not too surprising....but then again, when your GM is fellow caveman Brian Burke, what do you expect?

"I tall...no help arms being high....head go squish"

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#42 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ May 20, 2007 - 02:33AM) View Post

Pronger proves by opening his mouth that he is infact a mindless goon. Not too surprising....but then again, when your GM is fellow caveman Brian Burke, what do you expect?

"I tall...no help arms being high....head go squish"

Coincidence that Burke is defending another dirty blow? I think not. It's his job of course to defend his players - he defended the indefensible when Bert laid his punch. So of course he's not going to take repsonsibility for this one.

I think Pronger is a total A-hole too; his comments only reinforce this. Sad thing is, I used to really enjoy watching him play when he was a Blue. He is a damn good defenseman - which makes it all the more ridiculous that he needs to play dirty - he doesn't need to do that to be good. Oh well, may the best team win - the WINGS! wink.gif
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#43 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:37 AM

"Of course I'm going to hit him in the head," Pronger explained. "He's quite a bit shorter than me. It's just law of physics."
He sounds like a freaking idiot. "Oh yeah, I'm the tallest player in this series, that means I'm allowed to hit anyone in the head at any time."

Edited by Systemfel, 20 May 2007 - 05:37 AM.

#44 RedRockit

RedRockit

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE(dw185 @ May 20, 2007 - 03:55AM) View Post

http://cdn.nhl.com/r...007rulebook.pdf

The Official NHL Rulebook which comes in PDF format states:

A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
Charging shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "charge" may be the result of a check into the goal frame or in open ice.
A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.
A goalkeeper is not "fair game" just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where and opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Minor Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a minor penalty, based on the degree of violence of the check, to a player or goalkeeper guilty of charging an opponent.

Major Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of the violence of the check, to a player or goalkeeper guilty of charging an opponent.

Match Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the playeror goalkeeper attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent by charging

Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

Fines and Suspensions - When a major penalty and a game misconduct is assessed for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, and automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed
If deemed appropriate, supplementary discpipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion.

-----------------------------------------------------

Official NHL rulebook states the above about charging. I have the pdf saved to my desktop in case something i see is questionable, just so i know how the rule is actually supposed to be called.

Hmm, the definition I was looking at was worded differently: " Taking more than three strides and/or jumping before hitting an opponent. " It was the "and/or" that confused me. But under the offical rule you posted, then I DO believe the penalty(s) assessed on Rob was correct, even though I've seen that most people don't-- probably because it's an all too typical hit that rarely gets called (witness Alfredsson's injurious hit on Tallinder in Game 4, for example-- but then Tallinder didn't openly bleed).

I think I'll take your advice about saving that file-- thanks much.

"This is hockey, OK? It's not rocket surgery." - Donnie Shulzhoffer

#45 CdnWingsFanEh

CdnWingsFanEh

GO WINGS GO!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

Pronger is a plug. Yep, that about sums it up... thumbup.gif
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Facts. Who needs facts? You can prove anything with facts... 10% of all people know that...

"That's it. My groin, it cannot handle it," --Hasek (after his last skate at Joe Louis Arena)

#46 Xduff83X

Xduff83X

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

seriousely guys! no worries, the curse of the ****** pronger will due him in any way. realise the hockey gods dont alow f***in ****** bags to win cups... thats why he hasnt... came close last year, but that was the hockey gods f***in w/ him lol. wings got this.

#47 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(Xduff83X @ May 20, 2007 - 10:09AM) View Post

seriousely guys! no worries, the curse of the ****** pronger will due him in any way. realise the hockey gods dont alow f***in ****** bags to win cups... thats why he hasnt... came close last year, but that was the hockey gods f***in w/ him lol. wings got this.

Curse a lot?

#48 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

I got a kick out of this...

http://www.freep.com.../705200658/1053

OCTOPUS GARDEN: Pronger says physics caused Homer's injury

This is my reaction to you Pronger.......

violin.gif

#49 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 19, 2007 - 08:02PM) View Post

Oh tomorrow's gonna be fun.

Bertuzzi is going to meet Pronger tomorrow. And by meet I mean his fists will meet his face. HOLLA. GO GET 'EM BERT.
PULLEESE,your dreaming in color if you think Berts going to do something to Pronger,hes scared to hit anybody that hard anymore,he may give him a couple of love taps thats about it. biggrin.gif

user posted image

#50 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

And this is a guy that the league is thinknig of giving a Norris trophy to...I guess I'm not surprised.

Pronger is a jackass.

The only thing I agree with him on is the inconsistency of the refs...but that's been going on all season really.

Edited by Firehawk, 20 May 2007 - 01:07 PM.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#51 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

It just amazes me how someone with 12 years of experience in the NHL and supposedly a great defenseman would not have control of his arms. Physics my arse. How does someone like this, who can't control where his arms land on a check, become a Norris trophy candidate?
He found the key to success 4 hours before he found the hole in his pocket.

#52 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Spinner @ May 20, 2007 - 02:15PM) View Post

It just amazes me how someone with 12 years of experience in the NHL and supposedly a great defenseman would not have control of his arms. Physics my arse. How does someone like this, who can't control where his arms land on a check, become a Norris trophy candidate?

The Norris trophy is not for gentlemanly play, that's the Lady Byng. Seriously though, something like this would have no impact on whether someone is Norris worhy or not.

Isn't Chelios a former Norris winner?

#53 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ May 20, 2007 - 02:26PM) View Post

The Norris trophy is not for gentlemanly play, that's the Lady Byng. Seriously though, something like this would have no impact on whether someone is Norris worhy or not.

Isn't Chelios a former Norris winner?

Yes I know about the Lady Byng. I'm just saying that a good defenseman doesn't need to make cheap shots to get the job done. Lidstrom is the prime example. Everyone who plays hockey takes penalties at one point or another. I just feel that if you have to play dirty to get the job done, you shouldn't be rewarded with a trophy. It shouldn't just be about the numbers.

#54 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

All the trophies, apart from the hard set scoring leader and statistical ones, are based 98% on popularity and 2% on who you are sleeping with in the NHL. Pronger sleeps with the commish on a regular basis ergo he is one of the 3 finalists.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#55 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ May 20, 2007 - 02:44PM) View Post

All the trophies, apart from the hard set scoring leader and statistical ones, are based 98% on popularity and 2% on who you are sleeping with in the NHL. Pronger sleeps with the commish on a regular basis ergo he is one of the 3 finalists.

lmao I forgot about that, so is Pronger just a nickname then?

#56 WingNut199

WingNut199

Rookie

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ONE OF THE 19,000 THAT BOO PRONGER EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE PUCK

....Not saying it will affect his game, but it will be fun biggrin.gif

#57 dw185

dw185

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(WingNut199 @ May 20, 2007 - 04:56PM) View Post

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE ONE OF THE 19,000 THAT BOO PRONGER EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE PUCK
....Not saying it will affect his game, but it will be fun biggrin.gif

And i'll be content watching his sorry ass get booed on TV.

I wonder if he will whine about that and insist that it's like throwing stuff on the ice and that the home team should be assessed a penalty. I wonder if he'll insist that the people booing get thrown out of the game?

He is a big crybaby and i wouldn't be surprised if he started complaining to the refs about all the Booing.

#58 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

"Chris Pronger is going to be as welcome in Joe Louis Arena as an ant at a picnic."
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#59 WingsFTL

WingsFTL

The RED WINGS: Official Bandwagon Team of the NHL.

• 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

That is because the Red Wings are too scared of physical play. The DUCKS are physical but not dirty like those immature Calgary FLAMES. Red Wings love to dive as soon as another DUCK player is within 10 feet. The Red Wings are like the NHL, No Hope Losers.

#60 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(WingsFTL @ May 21, 2007 - 07:26AM) View Post
That is because the Red Wings are too scared of physical play. The DUCKS are physical but not dirty like those immature Calgary FLAMES. Red Wings love to dive as soon as another DUCK player is within 10 feet. The Red Wings are like the NHL, No Hope Losers.

Wow. Completely ignorant you are. When have the Wings shyed away or dived from physical play in this series?

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 21 May 2007 - 07:45 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -