• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Im so sick of this s***. Ive been in a bad move since we lost Game 4 which we also shouldve won, and now Im stuck in it. If we lose Game 6....well then I guess its good that Ill be hopping a plan to South America for 5 weeks.

that call isn't consistent with what weve seen but it is still a penalty..... and you guys had your chances to put it away

Seriously, please go back to your Duck boards and post there. Nobody here wants to hear what you have to say. We are Wings fans, this is a RED WINGS board.

If you do decide to continue to post here, please tell us why a fan of another team would want to post on the opposing team's boards. I've been curious about this ever since the playoffs started. It's never even crossed my mind to go to another team's boards, because IMO it's childish, annoying, and quite simply retarded.

soon as teepoo picked up that puck and went in on Hasek, I knew it was over before the puck was even in. You can only get away with so much untill you get burned. Hopefully some of this "Duck Luck" bounces our way in game 6 and get a repeat performance of game 3. Hers to game 7 at the Joe!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wings have looked like the better team by far in this series except for 1 game. They just have to start burying their chances more. Giguere has been awfully lucky so far.

I said before the series started that the Ducks should win this series, but the way these 2 teams have played so far, I think the Wings will eventually win.

One thing I highly disagree with in what the Wings have done is Babcock not having Zetter-Dats-Holms together 5on5.

Wow, really frustrated right now. We play great hockey for 59 minutes and somehow still lose. There's no doubt in my mind that we should have won this series by now but with all the things that have gone rght for the Ducks, here we are. It really is a game of inches, if Lidstrom's shot doesn't hit the post or if that puck hits Lidstrom's stick at a different angle on the tying goal, we win this game.

I would say Giguere was the story of this game, and I like to give credit where it's due, but I don't think he made one really difficult stop all game. Every shot hit him right in the crest. The story of this game was our PP, again, and not in a good way. We REALLY REALLY need to start scoring some goals with the man advantage with all of the chances the Ducks are giving us.

We could blame Lilja for this one but if it wasn't for him, we would have been shut out. Zetterberg and Datsyuk seem to be able to do everything but score. If we're going to come back and win this series, they need to be able to generate some offense. Our roleplayers are doing their jobs and we need those guys to give them some offense to work with.

Trying to stay positive right now, we've outplayed them greatly in the last three games. All we need is a few more bounces to go our way and Dom to be sharp. We need to work on getting the puck out of the zone as well because it seems like every time we don't get it out it ends up in the net (I won't rag on Franzen, prior to the giveaway he was the best player on the ice). At least the Wings know that they can win in Anaheim, they should have won both games in the pond. If we win game 6 there is no doubt in my mind that we will win game 7. This team is too good and too determined to pack it in like we've seen in the past.

we're about to find out how this team does when their backed in to a fukin corner....personally, if their's one thing we can rely on its that WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM. our offensive core is better, and lets face it, lidstrom and niedermayer cancel out, and pronger hasnt shown us s*** in this series, so the defense are pretty even....we need a lucky bounce, just one,

That's pure s***. being forced to go to OT, and then to lose it... :crazy::crazy::crazy:

The only good thing is that we are eliminated soon, i'll be able to shave my playoff beard. My boss is not quiet happy about it!! <_<<_<

Now this is more what I'm used to, Wings playing great and losing to a lucky team who manages to win only because they capitalize on the one break they get while we fail at the 10 or so we get. I have more then enough confidence that we can win this series in 7, but honestly what more can we do? Last two games we dominated and had things gone 1% more accurate on our plays they could be exactly like game 3. Yet Ducks get lucky and win. It's just so frustrating, I could stand losing to a team like San Jose who ran neck and neck with us and outplayed us often, but the Ducks? Aside from game one which we actually stole from them, they've yet to show me anything worthy of being were they are right now.

Giggy is one of the least athletic players in the league and is practically a barely mobile suit of large pads. Granted he's not letting up rebounds and seems to stop every shot even when he can't even see the puck, due to positioning. He has been the difference maker against us for the most part.

Pronger's been awful, firing shots on the PP that even make Sammy shudder. Aside from some decent physical play he's almost hurt the Ducks as much as he's helped. The Ducks looked better without him in game 4 than they did with him in games 3 and 5.

Scott Niedermayer? Aside from watching Datsyuk undress him more times than none I barely ever notice him. He's been decent offensively but aside from a pretty nice pass and a defensive melt down on our part early in the series, thjere's nothing he's done that a 3rd paring D-man couldn;t accomplish with some luck. He's been remarkably mediocre overall.

Teemu? For a one way offensive player he's been invisible aside from a couple flashy moves instigated by our own inept play rather than him stealing the puck ala Datsyuk.

So could someone please remind me why we're behind in this series?

That game made me sick...

The last minute of the game and into overtime was the worst 30 mins of my life.

The domination and the motivation we had in the 3rd period. We were taking bodies and punishing.

Just to see a fluke bounce that lands perfectly in the net. Then to see Lilja fan on a pass and watch Teemu score.

There are 3 players on the team that I didn't want to score. Pronger, Scotty, and Teemu...

GO WINGS!!

We will win Game 6 and 7.

..I've lost my appetite

You know, I said to my wife after the second period, "If you want to win the Cup, you have to win games like this." And they were doing it - the beginning of the third period was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in a long time. But some iffy calls, an awful turnover, and the Wings are down. They didn't win the kind of game they needed to, and I'm having a hard time being optimistic from here on out.

Now that the remote is reassembled and my hand has stopped swelling... I'll step back into the other room with my company. I think my 11 year no puking streak was close to an end as well.

This game sucked the life out of me... less than a minute, on MINUTE. Ugh.

Whether Detroit has been better or not, they're still down 3-2 going back to Anaheim. They need to play a flawless game in Anaheim and bring it back to the Joe for game 7.

Let's go get 'em... Go Wings.

I absolutely loathe how Jiggy's coming out like the hero in this. Yeah, he IS making the stops, but they aren't remotely "great saves"-- he's just a big over-padded gigantoid wall in front of that net. You cannot beat him with a point-blank SOG-- he's too big, and further, fuggeddabout the rebounds, they go straight into his bulk.

Our lads need to get tricky to beat him, and they just aren't doing that. Hate to admit it, but probably some of that is because of *cough* Nieds and *gag* Prrr...Ppppprrooo... Pppppprrrrrrrrrrroooooooo... He Who Shall Not Be Named..

The Wings have looked like the better team by far in this series except for 1 game. They just have to start burying their chances more. Giguere has been awfully lucky so far.

I said before the series started that the Ducks should win this series, but the way these 2 teams have played so far, I think the Wings will eventually win.

One thing I highly disagree with in what the Wings have done is Babcock not having Zetter-Dats-Holms together 5on5.

Yup I agree.

However, the better team doesn't always win which is why you have 7 games to hash out a winner. One thing is certain, if the ducks keep getting the luck they have been getting then they are going to the SCF and they may even lift the cup. As a goaltender, I have rode a wave of luck like that before and beaten teams I shouldn't have beaten.

I am just hoping that the Wings can pick it up like they did in 2002 and beat the Ducks on the road. We are gonna see what this team is made of. If they limp into game 6, we are gonna be able to tell.

Now this is more what I'm used to, Wings playing great and losing to a lucky team who manages to win only because they capitalize on the one break they get while we fail at the 10 or so we get. I have more then enough confidence that we can win this series in 7, but honestly what more can we do? Last two games we dominated and had things gone 1% more accurate on our plays they could be exactly like game 3. Yet Ducks get lucky and win. It's just so frustrating, I could stand losing to a team like San Jose who ran neck and neck with us and outplayed us often, but the Ducks? Aside from game one which we actually stole from them, they've yet to show me anything worthy of being were they are right now.

Giggy is one of the least athletic players in the league and is practically a barely mobile suit of large pads. Granted he's not letting up rebounds and seems to stop every shot even when he can't even see the puck, due to positioning. He has been the difference maker against us for the most part.

Pronger's been awful, firing shots on the PP that even make Sammy shudder. Aside from some decent physical play he's almost hurt the Ducks as much as he's helped. The Ducks looked better without him in game 4 than they did with him in games 3 and 5.

Scott Niedermayer? Aside from watching Datsyuk undress him more times than none I barely ever notice him. He's been decent offensively but aside from a pretty nice pass and a defensive melt down on our part early in the series, thjere's nothing he's done that a 3rd paring D-man couldn;t accomplish with some luck. He's been remarkably mediocre overall.

Teemu? For a one way offensive player he's been invisible aside from a couple flashy moves instigated by our own inept play rather than him stealing the puck ala Datsyuk.

So could someone please remind me why we're behind in this series?

Yup. That about sums it up. Exactly how I feel.

I think i felt worse in 2002.

We had such a good team. Owned the regular season, full of future hall of famers, and losing in OT at home the stinkin Avs. I was frozen like a statue for 10 minutes after that loss, i just sat there.

Ive been thinking about the 02 wcf since we lost in OT in game 2. I just hope it ends like it...

i´m so ******* embarrassed. ok, i ´m not the expert on detroit´s hockey, but can somebody explain to me, why babcock played with approximately 5 forwards in the overtime ? no bertuzzi with cleary and lang, who did the job the last game. i cant understand this decisions. bertuzzi i think had no ice time in the overtime,, ok , but mike got his penalty.maybe one of you , who had better ideas can teach me.

i can ´t believe it´s over.

c´mon wings. we realize it in seven.

No one here has reason to fold the bed and put this season away. This team is not going to flop over and die, because of one heartbreaking loss.

There is a reason the Red Wings are where they are right now. This club has so much leadership, I believe they will come through in game 6 and deliver what will be the most nerve-racking game of the season back at the Joe on Thursday.

You know, I said to my wife after the second period, "If you want to win the Cup, you have to win games like this." And they were doing it - the beginning of the third period was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in a long time. But some iffy calls, an awful turnover, and the Wings are down. They didn't win the kind of game they needed to, and I'm having a hard time being optimistic from here on out.

Same here.....

I am already pretty much reserved to the fact that they are done like dinner. Just like in 2002 when they lost, I figured oh well and just let the team go. I tuned in and watched game 6, but I just had it on in the background while I playing computer games. It was much easier to swallow if they lost I figured.

Point is, lets hope for the best. Two games in a row is not a stretch.

How can we beat them 5-0 @ the pond, leaving the impression that the ducks won't be able to get back, and then lose 2 in a row..

I just don't understand and also loosing my words. Sure it is not yet the end, but do we still deserve to go to the final round?? We'll see.....

How can we beat them 5-0 @ the pond, leaving the impression that the ducks won't be able to get back, and then lose 2 in a row..

I just don't understand and also loosing my words. Sure it is not yet the end, but do we still deserve to go to the final round?? We'll see.....

With the way the Wings have played in this series, they deserve to already be in the final round.