Photo
- - - - -

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#241 redwing711

redwing711

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

Ok, someone needs to help me out here, because I must be seeing things. They only showed one replay of the one that Lidstrom shot that rang off the pipe, but I very clearly saw a shadow that bounced off the pipe at the back, then the pipe the Jiggy's left before being launched back out the net. Clearly if I'm the only one who saw it, it doesn't make any difference, but I think the Wings will be looking at tape and they will pick up on it and know that despite the goal with 47 seconds left, the win should have been theirs. They will come back and win. Seriously though, no one else saw it? I knew once I saw it that the game would go into overtime and we would lose by that one goal.

#242 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(ZAMBONI @ May 21, 2007 - 09:29AM) View Post

Hasek has been incredible. He deserved a better fate last game,but luck was on the ducks side yesterday.

Lucks been on the f***s side all series. No wait all playoffs they got the easist playoff route (which is supposed to go to the 1st seed i.e Wings)

#243 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Dominator2005 @ May 21, 2007 - 12:11PM) View Post

Hasek played very well last game... what else he should do??? Score goals??? C'mon our Def is weak and that's it...

i ment we need hasek to play better then giguerre. if he doesn't, we won't win...just liek what happened last game. sure hasek really had no chance on the two goals...but giguerre was better. that's why he only let in one.
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#244 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

I am still majorly stung by this game. I know it seems dumb to be in a funk over a hockey game, but I really can't get over it. This game hurt.....it really really really hurt.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#245 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(ZAMBONI @ May 21, 2007 - 09:28AM) View Post

Nothing without Pronger Niedermayer and Giguere? LOL They don't have to be without them. Getzlaf is the best player on the ice at times,i guess throwing him in there is a good idea.

You mean luckyist. I figured. game 4 the tripping call that lead to a pp game winnner. his foot clearly goes over Cleary's stick. don't tell me that Gayzlaf doesn't smile when he sees the call. He knows he got away with that dive.

#246 ZAMBONI

ZAMBONI

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(WINGS TILL DEATH @ May 21, 2007 - 02:15PM) View Post

You mean luckyist. I figured. game 4 the tripping call that lead to a pp game winnner. his foot clearly goes over Cleary's stick. don't tell me that Gayzlaf doesn't smile when he sees the call. He knows he got away with that dive.

Yeah Getzlaf is just lucky. Thats what he does,he just sits and waits until he gets lucky. The wings are out there diving and have some phantom calls also,especially the call on O'donnell while Pronger was still in the box to set up your 5 on 3. I'm not gonna sit here and cry about calls though. The wings should stop hitting post and finish with their shots. Nobody to blame but themselves.

#247 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(ZAMBONI @ May 21, 2007 - 12:38PM) View Post

Yeah Getzlaf is just lucky. Thats what he does,he just sits and waits until he gets lucky. The wings are out there diving and have some phantom calls also,especially the call on O'donnell while Pronger was still in the box to set up your 5 on 3. I'm not gonna sit here and cry about calls though. The wings should stop hitting post and finish with their shots. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Yea we should your right, or maybe we should hit sticks.

#248 justheducks

justheducks

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Firehawk @ May 21, 2007 - 07:02AM) View Post

I gotta tell ya guys...I am so out of it today. After they lost, i was just bummed the rest of the night and it's carried over at work today. I can't break out of the funk. I wish the wings were playing game 6 tonight because it feels like eternity until the next game.

Before the series, I said that I was comfortable with what the wings had accomplished and that if they lost to the Ducks, they'd be losing to a team arguably as good as they are and I wouldn't really feel that bad. But now, with the way the Wings are losing the series, I just don't feel that way anymore. Now I feel they SHOULD be winning this series.

I feel unusually confident about game 6 though, and I'm usually a pessimist. The wings have outplayed the Ducks the last few games and Giguere is beatable. Hopefully the breaks start going our way. If they do I think we'll win game 6 and the series. The ducks know they better finish it in game 6. Game 6 should be an epic game.

I think Hasek is going to be phenomenal and as long as the wings get more than 1 goal, I gotta think the wings are going to win. Don't bet against Hasek until we lose a playoff series with him in net!

okay dont bet on jiggy losing in the playoffs either
hes enver lost a series in the playoffs expect the cup vs devils
jiggy has a better plaoffs record then hasek

#249 bullocks

bullocks

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(justheducks @ May 21, 2007 - 03:51PM) View Post

with twice the size of equipment laugh.gif
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#250 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(justheducks @ May 21, 2007 - 03:51PM) View Post

How exactly did Giguere achieve this feat you all may ask? Simple! He puts on 25 pounds every offseason, and wears pads the size of North Dakota. You can't possibly lose with that training schedule.

#251 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 21, 2007 - 12:57PM) View Post

with twice the size of equipment laugh.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
both tenders do look larger then Normal. Mainly in the sholder region dry.gif

#252 Duckette

Duckette

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

Wow, with all the extremely rude remarks I have received you would think I absolutely trolled here, when all I did was make a statement about how Jiggy gets not credit. And he doesn't HAVE to flop around because he's always in position.

And MrSandMan, if you have a problem with me, take it to PM. I have done nothing to oppress you either here nor on AD. Where was I after Game 3? Here. I just can't always get on. I have school that I have to finish, you know wink.gif

QUOTE(WINGS TILL DEATH @ May 21, 2007 - 04:16PM) View Post

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
both tenders do look larger then Normal. Mainly in the sholder region dry.gif

Both goalies are bigger than Hasek. Hasek is about as big as my pinky. Jiggy is 6'1" 201 lbs and Bryz is 6'4" 225 lbs (or something like that). They aren't small dudes.

#253 lets go pavel

lets go pavel

Pacifiers are for pansies. I chew pucks!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Regardless of Jiggy's pads, the bottom line is we did have some open net and we didn't quite hit it ... hopefully we're just saving up for tomorrow.
"The one thing I love about Datsyuk, and there is much to love, is that no other player is like him. And, at least in recent history, it's hard to think of any player who has really been like him. He is a unique freak of nature in how he stick checks and operates in tight quarters. It's amazing how he deceives people from a stand-still position or when he isn't moving very fast. He is hockey's David Blaine." -- John Buccigross

#254 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

Hasek flops around in his position wink.gif. Until Giggy puts up the same awards and career that Hasek has, dont' knock Hasek's play. My goodness.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#255 Duckette

Duckette

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Firehawk @ May 21, 2007 - 04:53PM) View Post

Hasek flops around in his position wink.gif. Until Giggy puts up the same awards and career that Hasek has, dont' knock Hasek's play. My goodness.

laugh.gif That's not what I'm trying to do. You can't discount 6 Vezinas, what, 3 Harts and a Stanley Cup. I used to do the whole drop my stick and stop it with my blocker thing too. I'm just saying they play different games.

If that wasn't directed towards me, then ignore me tongue.gif

#256 bullocks

bullocks

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(lets go pavel @ May 21, 2007 - 04:50PM) View Post

Regardless of Jiggy's pads, the bottom line is we did have some open net and we didn't quite hit it ... hopefully we're just saving up for tomorrow.

i think holmstroms the only player in the league who can miss a wide open net from 3 feet out.

#257 lets go pavel

lets go pavel

Pacifiers are for pansies. I chew pucks!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 21, 2007 - 05:01PM) View Post

i think holmstroms the only player in the league who can miss a wide open net from 3 feet out.

He's also about the only player in the league who can get a shot off from 3 feet out with two D guys on his back and a goalie stick up his ass.
"The one thing I love about Datsyuk, and there is much to love, is that no other player is like him. And, at least in recent history, it's hard to think of any player who has really been like him. He is a unique freak of nature in how he stick checks and operates in tight quarters. It's amazing how he deceives people from a stand-still position or when he isn't moving very fast. He is hockey's David Blaine." -- John Buccigross

#258 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 21, 2007 - 03:08PM) View Post

i ment we need hasek to play better then giguerre. if he doesn't, we won't win...just liek what happened last game. sure hasek really had no chance on the two goals...but giguerre was better. that's why he only let in one.

I'm not sure that Giguere was better - yes he made more saves than Hasek but it's not like he made 20 huge saves... he made 20 easy saves come up with some good saves but he didn't won that game by himself... he's no Miller or Brodeur or even Hasek at this stage. Hasek was better in all those games... Ducks are going after Hasek... every single occasion they bumping him, they are talking to him (trash)... We needs to be more agressive with their goalie. We shoot a lot - it's true - but 80% of those shots are not dangerous. I'm sure that tomorrow night Hasek will be our best player - but guys like Maltby, Draper, Samuelsson must provide some energy. Sammy ''saved'' us against San Jose (he scored 3 big goals in that series but before that he was invisible and after that he's invisible... with all playing time that he gets... he MUST produce more or REmove him from PP...) Splitting Zetterberg and Datsyuk paid off in first game but last 2 games it doesn't work...

I still think that we can win tomorrow night - we already killed them 5-0 in that building - why not repeat that???

Let's stay POSITIVE!!!

LET'S GO RED WINGS LET'S GO!!!

Edited by Dominator2005, 21 May 2007 - 06:34 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan