• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

We are just having no luck at all. Did you see how many chances hank and sammy had. We are the better team they just arent going in and it sucks.

How about Quincey's little flight over our boards and then theirs...i have a feeling he wont be having any babies. haha.

we MUST win the next two. I will not lose anymore I dont think I can handle not getting the cup again.

:angry:

No one here has reason to fold the bed and put this season away. This team is not going to flop over and die, because of one heartbreaking loss.

There is a reason the Red Wings are where they are right now. This club has so much leadership, I believe they will come through in game 6 and deliver what will be the most nerve-racking game of the season back at the Joe on Thursday.

:clap: Nice post... keep the faith people!

Guest Agalloch

Gah, can we please play game six right now? The worst part about losses like these is that I can't focus on anything until the next game and am always in a bad mood.

f***. :angry:

Seriously, please go back to your Duck boards and post there. Nobody here wants to hear what you have to say. We are Wings fans, this is a RED WINGS board.

If you do decide to continue to post here, please tell us why a fan of another team would want to post on the opposing team's boards. I've been curious about this ever since the playoffs started. It's never even crossed my mind to go to another team's boards, because IMO it's childish, annoying, and quite simply retarded.

Suggested reading for you: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?act=SR&f=1

I'd just like to say a few words if I may:

Congratulations on a great game. The Red Wings really know when to step up and the right time and have a great game, which they did. They came out pretty strong out of the gates and didn't look back. I'm sorry the game had to end for you guys this way.

With the way the Wings have played in this series, they deserve to already be in the final round.

I know, but, after tonight.... I mean..

Well I think we are all going nuts about this series.

The thing is will we be able to bounce after that loss.

With the way the Wings have played in this series, they deserve to already be in the final round.

What is with this fascination with "deserve"? Who cares about "deserve"?

How about actually earning it?

The Ducks pounced on the few chances they had and they won the game. It's happened two-straight games now and the Red Wings will have to dig deep Tuesday night.

Can it be done? Abso-freakin'-lutely.

Seriously, please go back to your Duck boards and post there. Nobody here wants to hear what you have to say. We are Wings fans, this is a RED WINGS board.

If you do decide to continue to post here, please tell us why a fan of another team would want to post on the opposing team's boards. I've been curious about this ever since the playoffs started. It's never even crossed my mind to go to another team's boards, because IMO it's childish, annoying, and quite simply retarded.

Don’t be a sore loser.

He is not a troll and you are not the forum police. LGW.com is known for being a very classy forum where other teams fans are welcome to post.

Edit: Matt the real forum police beat me to it

Edited by Statts

Congratulations on a great game. The Red Wings really know when to step up and the right time and have a great game, which they did. They came out pretty strong out of the gates and didn't look back. I'm sorry the game had to end for you guys this way.

We appreciate the sympathy. This one really stings.

That cheers me up a bit

Well, this is quite simply hockey at its worst or finest, depending on your point of view. Anything can happen and it's the goals that matter. Gotta leave this behind and battle on. Our team is tough and will not roll over, they know they have been the better team and just need a bounce to go their way.

It's easy to point the finger at Lilja, but without him we don't score one goddamn goal tonight! In the playoffs teams live and die with their PP and as of now, we are doing the latter. Game 6 would be a good time to pick it up.

Have faith people, the Wings are far from done. Just remember 2002, for example.

On to game 6, let's go Wings!

What is with this fascination with "deserve"? Who cares about "deserve"?

How about actually earning it?

The Ducks pounced on the few chances they had and they won the game. It's happened two-straight games now and the Red Wings will have to dig deep Tuesday night.

Can it be done? Abso-freakin'-lutely.

What is with this fascination with earning it?

Anaheim didnt earn their win tonight, so Im not sure where youre going with that.

I am already pretty much reserved to the fact that they are done like dinner. Just like in 2002 when they lost, I figured oh well and just let the team go. I tuned in and watched game 6, but I just had it on in the background while I playing computer games. It was much easier to swallow if they lost I figured.

i hate attitudes like this. you are giving up on the team so that you won't be as disappointed if they lose. i don't believe that a true fan should ever give up on their team.

Anaheim as a team isn't that good right now.

Giguere is really the only reason we didn't win.

He isn't the only reason...you forgot Lilja. He's a duck in red wing clothes. Who could forget the amazing play of Lilja?

We own them. It's just dumb mistakes that make 'them' seem so good.

Honestly ,how can you not love the way our boys our playing this Spring?

We all love highs and hate the lows, thats why we love hockey right?

Question and complain all you want but understand one thing is for certain. . .game 6 is Tuesday.

Red Wing Playoff Hockey-Intesntinal fortitude required

Why do we crash the net sometimes? what the hell is wrong with our 5-3 attempts? power play comes alive sometimes, just like the wings play hockey sometimes.I do have to say the last half of the third period we played hockey, but then we come out flat in OT, I new right away we were gonna lose by the way we were not playing. Enjoy your trip to california then a long ride home back to detroit after you give the ducks game 6. All the loses were given to them, I did not see one game THEY beat us, we beat ourselves, no determination on this team. Fire milllen

What is with this fascination with earning it?

Anaheim didnt earn their win tonight, so Im not sure where youre going with that.

You're kidding, right? Selanne's goal didn't earn a victory for Anaheim? Where else would I go with it? They earned it on the ice by scoring one more time than Detroit -- how can it be any more clear than that?

He isn't the only reason...you forgot Lilja. He's a duck in red wing clothes. Who could forget the amazing play of Lilja?

We own them. It's just dumb mistakes that make 'them' seem so good.

Lilja was amazing all game until that mistake. IF he were a Duck in Red Wing clothes, he wouldve lost the puck to Teemu who wouldve hit the post with his shot, then Lilja wouldve taken the puck to center ice, taken a lazy slapper and the puck would bounce of 4 players, the boards, hit Gigueres skate, the opposite post, and somehow find its way into the back of the net.

You say Lilja, I say where was his support? Two ducks on one defenseman right in front of his net is a recipe for disaster no matter who it is.

You're kidding, right? Selanne's goal didn't earn a victory for Anaheim? Where else would I go with it? They earned it on the ice by scoring one more time than Detroit -- how can it be any more clear than that?

I'd credit it more to Lilja then Selanne. That said , he made a fantastic move to get Dom out of position

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Guest Agalloch

C'mon, the Wings dominated the Ducks in this game, and if they didn't get one of the flukiest goals I've seen in recent years off of Lidstrom's stick, we probably would be up 3-2 right now. It was going wide. Anyone on this board could've scored that goal.

Oh, and then we have the countless posts that the Wings are hitting, or the ends of the Behemoth (Giguere)'s pads. The Wings are missing scoring even more by inches. The Ducks are missing the net and scoring. They're also getting outshot and outhit.

They're getting lucky and outplayed, plain and simple. They didn't earn a victory. If you want to praise someone on the Ducks, praise Giguere's oversized pads and the posts on the nets.

Selanne? Who said anything about Selanne? Anaheim DIDNT earn a free pass to a too many men on the ice call, they DIDNT earn a PP off of Datsyuk, and they didnt earn a goal that came off a lazy shot that deflected off Lidstroms stick and slipped barely under the crossbar. They didnt EARN to be in OT in the first place. The Red Wings gave it their all through 60 minutes. Im not surprised they were both emotionally and physically fatigued in the OT. Not getting a win that you earn will do that to you.

i hate attitudes like this. you are giving up on the team so that you won't be as disappointed if they lose. i don't believe that a true fan should ever give up on their team.

losing faith after one game like this doesn't mean we are giving up on our team. Sure watching the game while playing on computer, is not that supportive too.

Anyway, whatever could be posted here tonight, i'm sure we are all going to gather our heart and soul behind the wings on tuesday night.