• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzermaniac192005

I'm sick of all the pessimism

Rate this topic

What's with all the negative attitudes around here? I can't believe how many of you are throwing in the towel and the series isn't even over yet!

True, this isn't 2002 and we're not playing Colorado. But if history has taught us anything, its that anything is possible. This Wings team may not have as many all stars as it did in 06 but they do have more heart then that team and much more character.

I really just hate all the negative comments being made here, it pisses me off. True Wings fans will stick by their team until the end. And seriously, if they win game 6, we come back here on home ice and as all of you know, anything goes in game 7.

I just wish everyone would show a little bit more support. Go ahead and feel bad and blame the refs all you want but we need to support this team to the very end. Not keep saying how were done and out.

What's with all the negative attitudes around here? I can't believe how many of you are throwing in the towel and the series isn't even over yet!

True, this isn't 2002 and we're not playing Colorado. But if history has taught us anything, its that anything is possible. This Wings team may not have as many all stars as it did in 06 but they do have more heart then that team and much more character.

I really just hate all the negative comments being made here, it pisses me off. True Wings fans will stick by their team until the end. And seriously, if they win game 6, we come back here on home ice and as all of you know, anything goes in game 7.

I just wish everyone would show a little bit more support. Go ahead and feel bad and blame the refs all you want but we need to support this team to the very end. Not keep saying how were done and out.

AMEN BROTHER!! GO WINGS GO

:clap::clap::clap:

Agreed.

Games 6 & 7 will be amazingly satisfying!! :siren:

Guest Agalloch

I don't see many pessimistic people around here actually. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, so I don't know what you're talking about, but whatever.

Wings WILL win in seven.

What are you talking about?

We NEEDED to bury one (1) of those many PP chances into the cotton with the 1-0 lead.

We didn't.

End of story I'd say.

Series is at 3-2 Ducks. Relax.

:clap: Thank you I'm glad I'm not the only one who's going to stick by this team's side to the very end.

I feel like if you give up just because of one loss, you're a bandwagoner. Maybe I'm wrong but thats how I feel about it.

From the congregation of Octopi....Amen!!! Preach on!! Preach on!!!

i was going to create this thread but i figured it was a lost cause.

you're right, and this hopefully will spark a more disciplined fanbase that

rallies behind their team, right down to the last puck drop.

anything less is unacceptable.

The Wings arent done until theyre done....but it takes a lot out of you when youve been positive that the Wings would win the past 2 games and they havent. I dont know how much more positivity I have in the tank when it hasnt been working for the past 2 games.

I don't see many pessimistic people around here actually. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, so I don't know what you're talking about, but whatever.

Wings WILL win in seven.

Its not just around here...here's an example. I'm sitting here online and quite a few of my friends have away messages up on AIM saying something negative. My own mother called me to say "well there goes the cup" and someone just posted something on Myspace about how the series is over..

I'm not just directing this to the folks here on this site, even though obviously they're the only one's who will read this, but I'm just trying to get a point out to Wings fans in general. Maybe its a lost cause, Idk, but I hate when we get down on our boys.

Wings WILL win in seven.

o man i get a huge laugh everytime i see your avator

great lil video

I think the sense of urgency will help us on the power play in game 6. We really lacked that today after we took the lead.

I think we have a pretty good chance to win this. The Ducks really look like they're taking this lightly, but when you look at Lidstrom, or Hasek, or Chelios, you can tell the Wings won't let this slip away.

does the pessimism surprise you? according to many people the wings have already been "done" 3 or 4 times this post-season.

lol.. yea its pretty funny actually... they think it will make them feel better if the wings lose, so they can come back and say "I told you so".. its actually childish really.. i did that back when i was 12 all the time..

It's hockey, everybody. Win some, lose some. You gotta take the good with the bad and that's what makes winning so much more enjoyable. s*** happens and today it happened to us but the guys will fight on.

does the pessimism surprise you? according to many people the wings have already been "done" 3 or 4 times this post-season.

Yeah no kidding, it really doesn't anymore. Theres too many bandwagon fans for the Wings. Not enough of them remember the days that they sucked, b/c when you do it kind of lets you appreciate the winning more. Kind of like the Tigers.

Yeah no kidding, it really doesn't anymore. Theres too many bandwagon fans for the Wings. Not enough of them remember the days that they sucked, b/c when you do it kind of lets you appreciate the winning more. Kind of like the Tigers.

Holy s***... I remember when the Tigers lost the Series this last year... the day after, I worked (I work at Dunham's Sports)... so many people came in and said, "I'm not a fan anymore. They choked."

It's like, "WHAT THE f***? After a long time in the cellar, they come out and get 3 wins away from a TITLE? And NOW you decide to lose faith in them?" :thumbdown:

My faith is still at it's max... Oddly enough, after the OT loss, I wasn't that shocked, although saddened... this series is destined to go seven games.

Guest Crymson

i was going to create this thread but i figured it was a lost cause.

you're right, and this hopefully will spark a more disciplined fanbase that

rallies behind their team, right down to the last puck drop.

anything less is unacceptable.

100%!

I'm pretty heartbroken about this loss - but that could only be so because I love the Wings so much. I'm certainly not throwing in the towel - but no matter what happens - this season was a phenomenal success imo.

1. My attitude the past several years has been WCF or bust. Some might say that's setting my standards too low - but it's been 5 years since we've made it this far, and I expect the perennial top seeded team to at least put up a fight in the WDF- and they have.

2. This team tries hard and plays hard every game. Can you ask more as a fan? I've felt in the past several years maybe we didn't give our best effort = very frustrating as a fan. But I really feel this team has given it their all - so no matter what the outcome - I can't expect more than that.

3. In this new era of the salary cap (ugh).I feel the WIngs organization has done a great job getting a good mix of players in here. I wasn't so sure how I would feel about the team after Yzerman and Shanny left. But I love this team just as much - andI'm excited for the future.

Let's hope the WIngs continue to play like they have - and the Ducks feel some pressure here. It's going to be hard to beat this team 3 times in a row....

I said all along I thought the series would go at least six games, probably seven. So now it will go to seven.

The Wings will emerge victorious. Next weekend we will be hosting the Stanley Cup Final at the Joe.

:clap::champs::cup: