• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Optimism vs. reality

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Its easy to say yah we'll still win the series blah blah look at 02'. But let's be realistic here, thats two games we outplayed them, and LOST...this loss was devastating...i just don't see us outplaying them 2 more games to come back. Considerign we can't even score.

Its easy to say yah we'll still win the series blah blah look at 02'. But let's be realistic here, thats two games we outplayed them, and LOST...this loss was devastating...i just don't see us outplaying them 2 more games to come back. Considerign we can't even score.

we'd score if we had somebody that could bury a shot. when you shoot into a goalies chest 36 times a night you're not going to win. wings need to find what little openings giguere allows and hit them. we can't continue to shoot it right into his body. this is something they've done fairly consistently this year. that's why every goalie we go up against looks like patrick roy.

Guest bullocks

then why even play the games? the wings didn't get the bounces today and hopefully that will change in game 6.

i've been listening to that same line for 4 days now.

we'd score if we had somebody that could bury a shot. when you shoot into a goalies chest 36 times a night you're not going to win. wings need to find what little openings giguere allows and hit them. we can't continue to shoot it right into his body. this is something they've done fairly consistently this year. that's why every goalie we go up against looks like patrick roy.

or when u have a wide open let from 3 feet out u don't shoot it wide.

Guest Crymson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And you call yourself a FAN? You ACTIVELY come on here to dispel any sense of faith, and to profess that we have zero chance! My goodness!

I know that I can get supremely caustic sometimes. I know that I can sound hurtful and condescending. All comments of mine that sound such are aimed at my distaste for the exact sort of attitude that this poster displays here.

Hey, man--if I wouldn't get banned, I'd give you a real piece of my mind. I'll stick within the rules here, and tell you to take your defensively-pessimistic, bandwagon ass and hightail it out of here for good, because you're clearly no fan of the Detroit Red Wings.

Edited by Crymson

i guarantee there's several men in red that disagree with you... and their fans.

Game 4 was the key to this series.

It was the turning point for the ducks.

We didnt take advantage of a golden opportunity and now be are in a bad spot.

Do I think this team can win two in a row? Yes, but I dont think they will. Loosing today in combo with game 4 is to much to mentally overcome.

What a surprise: you're back after the last "doom!" comment you made to make another "doom!" comment.

what a surprise: you're back after the last "condescendingly antagonistic!" comment you made to make another "condescendingly antagonistic!" comment.

Realistically, I don't think we can win. I hate Babcock's brute force approach on offense... shooting from anywhere and hoping the puck bounces off something and in. Fifty-one percent of the time, maybe if you shoot enough, even if the shots are from 100ft out, you'll score just enough goals to win. But it obviously hasn't worked against the Ducks.

So for Game 6, it's pretty simple. I think it's safe to say the Wings won't be changing their offensive strategy for an elimination game.. so if the bounces go our way, we'll win. If not, it's over.

My only source of optimism is that the Ducks seem somewhat arrogant, and they have a completely different mindset about this series. We have an advantage because we have guys like Lidstrom and Hasek.

I was optimistic for game 4... I was optimistic for game 5... here's for being pessimisstic from here on out!

since optimism doesn't seem to be working out too well for you lately, how about taking a ride on the dark side? :P

* nevermind, i re-read your post and saw that's exactly what you said. :blush:

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

:thumbdown: I dont wanna sound like an ass, but are you SERIOUSLY a Wings fan? I mean, you show up all of a sudden during the conference finals and make like 400 posts in the span of a week and claim to be this diehard fan. Did you fall from the sky? Have you been in hiding? Whats the deal? And then you immediately come on here while everyone is pissed off/sad enough from this loss and say that we have no chance of coming back.These are traits of a bandwagon rider and I'm sorry dude but if thats your attitude, then piss off.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Here's some reality:

If you are positive...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can cheer on the team as much as you want, but every cheer won't make a bounce go your way, a call be made in the Red Wing's name...or a player to step up and play.

If you are negative...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can bash the players as much as you want, but ever player you bash won't create a better outcome in the former game, every doom and gloom comment won't cause the players to play better next game, or to motivate anyone.

If you are realistic...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. Everytime you realistically assess the Red Wing's chances it won't guarantee a win or a loss. When you level your comments so that you won't 'be wrong' it doesn't really do anything for or agains the cause.

And one day, we will all die anyway, so none of this matters.

Guest bullocks

wow, some of u ppl are morons.

i guess its tru, if u make a comment against the wings u get bashed.. too bad.

optimism vs. reality

...optimism: We'll still win the series and go on to win the Cup. Have faith!

reality: At the beginning of the season, where were the Wings supposed to end up? 4th, 5th, 6th in the West? They finished 1st. The were also supposed to lose to the Flames, they won. They were also supposed to lose to the Sharks, possibly swept, they won. Here they are 2 wins away from getting back to the SCF's when they weren't even supposed to be this far. They weren't supposed to be past the first round. Reality, no matter what happens, great season, great post season, happy fans, NO MATTER WHAT...

...GO WINGS!!!

Here's some reality:

If you are positive...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can cheer on the team as much as you want, but every cheer won't make a bounce go your way, a call be made in the Red Wing's name...or a player to step up and play.

If you are negative...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can bash the players as much as you want, but ever player you bash won't create a better outcome in the former game, every doom and gloom comment won't cause the players to play better next game, or to motivate anyone.

If you are realistic...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. Everytime you realistically assess the Red Wing's chances it won't guarantee a win or a loss. When you level your comments so that you won't 'be wrong' it doesn't really do anything for or agains the cause.

And one day, we will all die anyway, so none of this matters.

We're all going to die anyway?! Damn, might as well grab this kitchen knife not too far from me and get a head start! :P

Seriously, I am OPTIMISTIC that the Wings can REALISTICALLY still win this series.

wow, some of u ppl are morons.

i guess its tru, if u make a comment against the wings u get bashed.. too bad.

No, we're not morons.

We realize they are facing elmination. WE ALL GET IT. We're just showing some faith that there's still a decent chance that the Wings can win 2 in a row.

In reality would you think the Ducks could win 3 in a row vs. the Wings? If the Wings win Tuesday then the series is up for grabs.

Says you! *primes robot body for activation*

Very cool. Do you have wheels...if I ever have a robot body I will roll everywhere.

reality: At the beginning of the season, where were the Wings supposed to end up? 4th, 5th, 6th in the West? They finished 1st. The were also supposed to lose to the Flames, they won. They were also supposed to lose to the Sharks, possibly swept, they won. Here they are 2 wins away from getting back to the SCF's when they weren't even supposed to be this far. They weren't supposed to be past the first round. Reality, no matter what happens, great season, great post season, happy fans, NO MATTER WHAT...

You win. This is seriously the best point made. I for one will be happy with the Wings despite the outcome of next game.

We're all going to die anyway?! Damn, might as well grab this kitchen knife not too far from me and get a head start! :P

Don't do it!! I was just joking...we are all going to live forever, and the Wings will win the next 100 Stanley Cups. :P

Seriously, I am OPTIMISTIC that the Wings can REALISTICALLY still win this series.

You are such a rebel!

-----------

But seriously folks. Who cares about about facts. All I care about it ROOTING FOR LANG = Guranteed win, and that's how I intend to ensure the Wings the Cup!!

GO WINGS!

The point of my post was this....why be all down? It's upsetting, sure. But it's the WINGS...they are GREAT..we love 'em. I'd rather be happy whether they win or lose, you know? So screw realism, I get that on the nightly news... :lol:

Edited by Offsides

Guest bullocks

In reality would you think the Ducks could win 3 in a row vs. the Wings? If the Wings win Tuesday then the series is up for grabs.

yah that is tru about the 3 in a row.

but if we outplay them and lose again...i don't know if i'll be able to take it lol

I hate to agree. I'm a true fan that sticks with the good and the bad, but I'm so dumbfounded that they lost that damn game. I am in total shock still hours after the game. :(

It is one game at a time, but statistically speaking the Wings have a 20% chance of pulling of a series win.

Unless we blow them out again, I don't see it happening.

Never the less, I don't see either team beating the Senators :ph34r:

Edited by servo

I'm not very optimistic, but I'm not going around all like LOLZ TEH WINGZ SUK AND HAV NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 It's just a little depressing, what with the way it ended today. Anaheim is just way too lucky, and in the end, that's what really matters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And you call yourself a FAN? You ACTIVELY come on here to dispel any sense of faith, and to profess that we have zero chance! My goodness!

I know that I can get supremely caustic sometimes. I know that I can sound hurtful and condescending. All comments of mine that sound such are aimed at my distaste for the exact sort of attitude that this poster displays here.

Hey, man--if I wouldn't get banned, I'd give you a real piece of my mind. I'll stick within the rules here, and tell you to take your defensively-pessimistic, bandwagon ass and hightail it out of here for good, because you're clearly no fan of the Detroit Red Wings.

easy there killer.. you know you can be a fan and not be a complete and utter homer.. so what if your negative.. this is the place to vent those frustrations.. I am one of the biggest hockey fans around (and yes I started out a wings only fan back in the early 80's) and I will tell you the Wings messed up BIG time by blowing the last two games.. they are outgunned big time in this series and they have stayed in it by out working a more skilled opponent.. I do not expect ANA to make that mistake 3 games in a row.. do I hope the wings win on Tuesday? hell yeah! do I like there chances in a game 7 because of there experience? Hell yeah! I just don't see a solid ANA team getting outplayed again..