• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Optimism vs. reality

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ok, well i love this site and i come here alot but i just joined today. Todays game really sucked to see them play the way they did just to lose. but are we fans if we give up on our team? come on now we cant just give up, we still have tuesday and the wings know they are facing elimination and are going to play like it on tuesday. And we cant just blame lilja for this loss. Besides wasnt he the only one to score for us today? im sure franzen feels like s*** for not clearing the puck, and datsyuk for taking a penalty, and lidstrom for tipping the puck in. but this is a TEAM you cannot blame one person for the loss. Now lets look ahead to tuesday and hunt us some ducks!

GO WINGS!

Good post--I'm glad to have you around here.

I agree on everything--we should offer nothing less than our total support to our guys. They've given us so much, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes!

are you drunk? seriously.

...NO! Jesus! All I am saying is, it's not the end of the world that the Wings lost, it won't be the end of the world if they lose game 6! Having faith has nothing to do with it! But, obviously for some people it does! So go ahead, have your fiath that they will win 6 and 7 and the Cup, what happens if they don't? Do you lose your faith in them? All I am saying is it's only a game, there are things that are more important out there. Hockey is entertainment, fun an escape from the everyday drag of life, but oh God, please don't put these hockey games importance up there with being alive or having a family. When you die, the Wings will play on, and guess what, odds are they won't win the Cup! Sheesh! Losen up guys, if they lose they lose, they'll play again next year. WTF, I need a drink! LOL!

Very cool. Do you have wheels...if I ever have a robot body I will roll everywhere.

You win at posting. This is seriously the best point made. I for one will be happy with the Wings despite the outcome of next game.

Don't do it!! I was just joking...we are all going to live forever, and the Wings will win the next 100 Stanley Cups. :P

You are such a rebel!

-----------

But seriously folks. Who cares about about facts. All I care about it ROOTING FOR LANG = Guranteed win, and that's how I intend to ensure the Wings the Cup!!

GO WINGS!

The point of my post was this....why be all down? It's upsetting, sure. But it's the WINGS...they are GREAT..we love 'em. I'd rather be happy whether they win or lose, you know? So screw realism, I get that on the nightly news... :lol:

Offsides, Great Post, and great comments on other's posts. It's very simple play hard or go home. We shall see Tuesday night. I for one believe we can still win this series.

Ok, well i love this site and i come here alot but i just joined today. Todays game really sucked to see them play the way they did just to lose. but are we fans if we give up on our team? come on now we cant just give up, we still have tuesday and the wings know they are facing elimination and are going to play like it on tuesday. And we cant just blame lilja for this loss. Besides wasnt he the only one to score for us today? im sure franzen feels like s*** for not clearing the puck, and datsyuk for taking a penalty, and lidstrom for tipping the puck in. but this is a TEAM you cannot blame one person for the loss. Now lets look ahead to tuesday and hunt us some ducks!

GO WINGS!

:clap: welcome.

GO WINGS!

First off, welcome to LGW. ;)

Second, good post. I agree with everything you say. While Lilja was the one who had the turnover, he shouldn't be the only one getting the blame. It should be the entire team.

The best thing to do is move on and forget about tonight. Easier said than done, I know, but still. Hopefully work goes by fast for me tomorrow so I can get home and do something to help me forget about todays game. Usually when I'm work after a bad loss it's hard to forget, so I hope it goes by fast.

Guest bullocks

Lilja was amazing tonight...and has been in these playoffs...he's a machine, the loss wasnt his fault. i can't say the loss wasnt one players fault. they just blew it at the end their collectively.

Guest LivingtheDream

Its easy to say yah we'll still win the series blah blah look at 02'. But let's be realistic here, thats two games we outplayed them, and LOST...this loss was devastating...i just don't see us outplaying them 2 more games to come back. Considerign we can't even score.

Well, following this "logic" they outplayed us in Game 1 and we won! So, we must start by not outplaying them and we will win. Wait, we outplayed them in game 3 and won 5 - 0. Gee, is there a pattern here? No there isn't. If you can't take the losing or the close games or the tight series play, then you can't handle hockey where the playoffs are brutal and yes Dorothy, not always fair. Go watch tennis or something. I am sick of all the whining *******.

I am looking forward to game 6. If we win, fantastic. If we lose ugly and going down in flames of lousy passes or giveaways , the sun will still rise and then we have next year. We made it to the final four and that is pretty impressive in my book. We have a damn good hockey team. Even when we were the best team in the game we didn't always win the fricken Cup. Get a reality check going here. Spoiled whiney babies.

IPB Image

Cool pic! Is that a real storm? What/where was that? Is there a name for that kind of storm/cloud formation?

Guest bullocks

No I didn't.

Detroit has won in games they were NOT suppose to win (I.e 1 & 3) and NOT won when they should win (I.e. 4 & 5)

...And now they are facing elimination, we'll see if Wings have what it takes.

Just one win.

we wern't spose to win game 3? news to me...

Here's some reality:

If you are positive...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can cheer on the team as much as you want, but every cheer won't make a bounce go your way, a call be made in the Red Wing's name...or a player to step up and play.

If you are negative...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. You can bash the players as much as you want, but ever player you bash won't create a better outcome in the former game, every doom and gloom comment won't cause the players to play better next game, or to motivate anyone.

If you are realistic...it won't affect the game..it won't matter. Everytime you realistically assess the Red Wing's chances it won't guarantee a win or a loss. When you level your comments so that you won't 'be wrong' it doesn't really do anything for or agains the cause.

And one day, we will all die anyway, so none of this matters.

Offsides, Jean-Paul Sartre would approve of your post. :D

My two cents: The Wings CAN win the next two games, they probably WILL win the next two games.

And if for some reason they don't, it will suck, but none of us who are true Red Wings fans will have anything to regret about this season. The Wings in the playoffs this year have been a pleasure to watch and cheer on.

What I meant was... It was home ice opener. Our advantages before stepping foot on ice was SUPPOSE to be nilch.

Offsides, Jean-Paul Sartre would approve of your post. :D

My two cents: The Wings CAN win the next two games, they probably WILL win the next two games.

And if for some reason they don't, it will suck, but none of us who are true Red Wings fans will have anything to regret about this season. The Wings in the playoffs this year have been a pleasure to watch and cheer on.

It's hard to imagine that there are many fans more disappointed than I was today.

I am a Detroit Redwings fan if they win and I am a Detroit Redwings fan if they lose. It's always easier to be on the upside of a win, but I will not give up on my team. This is a 7 game series...we have played 5 of those games and find ourselves down one game. Okay, so what.....we will support our team and pray for the best. We will go through our game time rituals, celebrate, whine and hopefully do what it takes to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. I refuse to quit believeing in a team that has given me such joy....and at times....such pain. I AM A FAN!!! THE WINGS ARE MY TEAM!!! I won't be doing anything but cheering my heart out and feeling secure that MY TEAM WILL WIN. No negatives from me other than admitted hatred for one Duck named Pronger. We all have our faults and that is mine.

Here's to seeing OUR team play their best and face Ottawa in the Finals!

No matter what happens ALWAYS REMEMBER it's KEY that we do not covet Giguerre or Pronger in the offseason.

That would hurt my soul.

Edited by Offsides

Guest bullocks

No matter what happens ALWAYS REMEMBER it's KEY that we do not covet Giguerre or Pronger in the offseason.

That would hurt my soul.

i'm not sure what covey means lol :huh:

Lilja was amazing tonight...and has been in these playoffs...he's a machine, the loss wasnt his fault. i can't say the loss wasnt one players fault. they just blew it at the end their collectively.

Yeah, he sure did play good. It's too bad that turnover overshadows his game 5 performance. I actually felt bad for him when the camera zoomed in no him... anyways, because I still believe, I think it will be Wings in 5. :D

Guest bullocks

Yeah, he sure did play good. It's too bad that turnover overshadows his game 5 performance. I actually felt bad for him when the camera zoomed in no him... anyways, because I still believe, I think it will be Wings in 5. :D

wings in 5!? :unsure:

Guest bullocks

What Jen said is right on.

Everyone just shut up and root for the Wings. They are your team..root for 'em through the up's and downs.

i believe were all rooting for them, just our hearts are a little crushed.

I didnt think I could ever get this depressed about a hockey team, but seriously....I'm freakin depressed. I cant eat or sleep and still feel heartbroken about today and cant get it out of my system. I'm gonna be at the game on Tues which will either make me more depressed or make me uber happy. (I know its gonna be the second one)

i'm not sure what covey means lol :huh:

:rolleyes: It's covet and liliput's performance cannot be 'amazing' if all in all if he gives the game away in OT. Come on, wake up, yeah he scored but that will be understandably eclipsed by commiting the worst sin by a defencemen--cutting in front of your own net and giving the puck away. Dumb and irresponsible. It's brutal play that's vintage Andreas... it was just a matter of time before it happened.

At least we're still in it. Reality is pessimism only if the Ducks are a better team than we are; it's really too close to call. It may come down to who gets the bounces as we've mentioned lately...

i believe were all rooting for them, just our hearts are a little crushed.

Oh I know. When Niedermayer tied the game I felt like someone punched me in the stomach and took the air out of me. When Selanne scored in OT I felt like someone bruised my heart. It hurt. It hurt realy bad.

Guest bullocks

Oh I know. When Niedermayer tied the game I felt like someone punched me in the stomach and took the air out of me. When Selanne scored in OT I felt like someone bruised my heart. It hurt. It hurt realy bad.

Right when the ref made put his arm up for a penalty i was like "for f*** sakes"...then when we didnt clear the puck i was like "were f***ed"....then like 5 seconds later im like "i cant believe that jus happened"...then i knew we'd lose in overtime.