• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeeman13

The NHL is a piece of crap

Rate this topic

The NHL is the biggest piece of s*** league in the history of sports. All the league and Bettman are concerned about is money and ratings. They have changed the game so much in the past 10 years just to improve ratings and make more money. It is so obvious, especially in the past 2 playoff years, that the refs are making bulls*** calls late in games just to keep games tight. The league will do anything to keep every game a one goal game, including screwing a team in the ass. I live and bleed Red Wings, but this isnt only about them. I hope Gary Bettman and his wife get hit by a bus and the NHL goes back to REAL hockey instead of a popularity contest.

The NHL is the biggest piece of s*** league in the history of sports. All the league and Bettman are concerned about is money and ratings. They have changed the game so much in the past 10 years just to improve ratings and make more money. It is so obvious, especially in the past 2 playoff years, that the refs are making bulls*** calls late in games just to keep games tight. The league will do anything to keep every game a one goal game, including screwing a team in the ass. I live and bleed Red Wings, but this isnt only about them. I hope Gary Bettman and his wife get hit by a bus and the NHL goes back to REAL hockey instead of a popularity contest.

:violin:

I'm not sure whether I hate you or agree with each and every word you said.

Guest bullocks

i didnt get a good look at the penalty on Datsyuk. Was it legit or not?

legit penalty, but do to the un-consistently on those calls..never should have been called..NOT WITH 1:30 LEFT!!!

I wanted to learn more about this "NHL" so I went ahead and Googled "piece of crap" - I kinda figured they were synonymous by the way the author was relating them.

Let me tell you: BAD IDEA. Don't even think about it.

haha

I take it you are into conspiracy theories in life.

Cry me a river. I'll get you started. :crybaby:

your points are well taken.. hmm actually not.. if you love the clutching and grabbing and mugging watch college hockey.. it will take you back a few years.. ya know, when I get fed up with a sport I go and watch other versions of it.. you have great college, junior and high school teams in this area to follow.. and each of those levels are called a different way..

As much as I don't want to call this a conspiracy, I have noticed a lot of penalties being called in the last 4 minutes of the games this season and post season. I don't think its any of Bettmans doing or the NHL, at least I hope not. I'm not too big of a fan of the new NHL with the shootout and the increasing number of powerplays and 5 on 3's and hope this won't last forever, but if it will help the NHL then thats the way it goes. I will say though about the new jerseys coming out next year, I am not a fan of them but if it will truely help the players out then Im all for that, but I'm buying a jersey this year cuz you won't catch me in one of those tight things.

Wings in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think the NHL wants the Ducks in the Cup???? Face it, if detroit doesn't get in, the NHL in the US is done. What fans are going to stay up to watch the Ducks and Ottawa?? People here from Duck Land have already said no one pays attention to the ducks until LA and SJ are done. Anybody and everybody in the Eastern time zone will have pleanty else to do at 9 pm est. Unless of course you're from Canada. Face it, there's a reason no one wants to move to the Western Conf. Hockey will and always be a Northeast coast thing. No offence to the Western Wing fans.

Do you really think the NHL wants the Ducks in the Cup???? Face it, if detroit doesn't get in, the NHL in the US is done. What fans are going to stay up to watch the Ducks and Ottawa?? People here from Duck Land have already said no one pays attention to the ducks until LA and SJ are done. Anybody and everybody in the Eastern time zone will have pleanty else to do at 9 pm est. Unless of course you're from Canada. Face it, there's a reason no one wants to move to the Western Conf. Hockey will and always be a Northeast coast thing. No offence to the Western Wing fans.

what i wanna know is why does EVERYONE including media, fans, etc, hate southern california hockey? ducks dont get enough credit...especially today from the NBC crew...dont be so ignorant...UH OH HOCKEY IN U.S. DONE IF DETROIT DOESNT WIN THE CUP...give it up pal...

Think about it logically people, the NHL(Bettman) DOES want the Ducks to win the cup. They wanted the Hurricanes the win the cup, and they wanted the Lightning to win the cup. Why? Because it will PRODUCE MORE HOCKEY MARKETS. If a team with little fan base and not alot of fan attention makes it to the finals, such as Anaheim, Carolina, or Tampa Bay, it brings the sport to the attention of the city and its residents, thus making it popular.

The NHL knows that no matter how early the Wings, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, and the other hot hockey market places are eliminated from the playoffs, they will always have a returning fan base. There is less to lose for the NHL if the Wings lose to the Ducks.

The Ducks making it to the finals is a great thing for the NHL. Bettman will tell you the same thing. His whole 'thing' is making Hockey popular in the states. Particularly the South and the West.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I'd disagree with the whole thing.

Think about it logically people, the NHL DOES want the ducks to win the cup. They wanted the Hurricanes the win the cup, and they wanted the Lightning to win the cup. Why? Because it will PRODUCE MORE HOCKEY MARKETS. If a team with little fan base and not alot of fan attention makes it to the finals, such as Anaheim, Carolina, or Tampa Bay, it brings the sport to the attention of the city and its residents, thus making it popular.

The NHL knows that no matter how early the Wings, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, and the other hot hockey market places are eliminated from the playoffs, they will always have a returning fan base. There is less to lose for the NHL if the Wings lose to the Ducks.

The Ducks making it to the finals is a great thing for the NHL. Bettman will tell you the same thing. His whole 'thing' is making Hockey popular in the states. Particularly the South and the West.

some people think no one will watch the finals if the ducks are in...WHO WANTS TO WATCH SOME SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TEAM PLAY?? me and the rest of california...

some people think no one will watch the finals if the ducks are in...WHO WANTS TO WATCH SOME SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TEAM PLAY?? me and the rest of california...

exactly. So hockey in California will grow, and Bettman can count on the fans coming back in Detroit next season. Sacrificing Wings fans happiness for a couple months is no skin of Bettmans back since he knows the fan base will return.

Im sure he would rather see a Californian team play in the finals.

If it were up to him, it would be the Rangers vs. some southern/western expansion team every year.

Think about it logically people, the NHL(Bettman) DOES want the Ducks to win the cup. They wanted the Hurricanes the win the cup, and they wanted the Lightning to win the cup. Why? Because it will PRODUCE MORE HOCKEY MARKETS. If a team with little fan base and not alot of fan attention makes it to the finals, such as Anaheim, Carolina, or Tampa Bay, it brings the sport to the attention of the city and its residents, thus making it popular.

Very interesting. On a similar, not-so-off-topic note... you know that song they play during the NHL commercials. The ones that are supposed to be all glorious (not the versus commercials) and they play that awesome song from the 300 trailer? First off, they always have a tag at the bottom right of the screen that says the song is from Warner Bros and the 300 soundtrack... well it's a song by the Nine Inch Nails from 1999. It upsets me that they don't credit Trent Reznor of NiN for his work. Anyway, back on track, he just released a new record entitled Year Zero and Interscope distributes it. They are pulling a similar tactic. In Austrailia, the record sells for nearly $30 american dollars. Here in the U.S it costs 10 bucks. Reznor couldn't believe they were selling his album for so much over there and complained to Interscope. Interscope told him this... "It's because we know you have a real core audience that will pay whatever it costs when you put something out - you know, true fans. It's the pop stuff we have to discount to get people to buy." (when he said pop, he specifically meant Avril Lavigne who's new record sells for a little more than half the price).

So yeah, Bettman and Interscope are straight up business(men)... they WILL do whatever it takes to make money and keep their business strong. I can't say it's good or bad in the grand scheme of things but without a doubt, it's the TRUE FANS that get ripped off. (i.e. didn't hockey night in canada get ripped off a couple weeks ago because Bettman wanted it to be during the day for the American audience?)

I'm not in complete agreeance over this conspiracy theory that is going on but I definitely understand how some are suspicious.

You are correct there are Califonia people who want to watch their team play for the cup. Not knocking you, you'll get home from work, either go to the game at 6 pm or have you're dinner at home and watch the game at 6 pm. Get home from the game around 9 pm put the kids to bed, watch the highlights from the game, the late news and go to bed. ON TIME. Mean while the E.S.T. people, put the kids to bed, sit down watch the game which always starts on time at 9 pm (HAHA) gets over midnight or later, then go to bed. IF we want to watch the game. If it's in the east, you'll got off work early, (an added bonus) be home by 4 and go through the same. I know the Westerners have always taken a beating regardless of what sport. Game 5 for you was at Noon. All I was saying is that there probably isn't going to be a lot of Easteners staying up late to catch a game. Hopefully I"m wrong, but I'll be looking at the ratings for the different cities. Hopefully I"ll be eating leather and the NHL is strong in TV land and people will watch the late games.

BUT, I'm not worried, because when the wings win the next two, I won't have to worry about it. :sly:

Here's a good reason that the NHL wouldn't want the Ducks in the finals... they lead the league in fighting majors this year. Since many teams copy the winners during the off-season you would see a return of old tyme hockey instead of this new NHL crap

Edited by vangvace