• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeeman13

The NHL is a piece of crap

Rate this topic

legit penalty, but do to the un-consistently on those calls..never should have been called..NOT WITH 1:30 LEFT!!!

Right. I totally agree. There shouldn't be refs at all during the last two minutes. Anything goes. [/sarcasm]

Why shouldn't they call it with 1:30 left? A penalty is a penalty, regardless of where, when, and in front of whichever delusional fanbase.

Not into conspiracy theories or believe that the NHL is trying to make certain teams win, at least not without more proof than just suspicions; but way too many games have been decided by the refs instead of the players in this playoff season. What do you expect when you put a greedy basketball lawyer in charge of the NHL.

True story; a guy who knew a little about hockey took a girl as a date, to a hockey game. It was her first time and they sat in a section full of hard-core season ticket holders. After the guy had been trying to explain the game, about halfway through the first period, the girl clapped her hands and yelled, "I get it, it's just like basketball." After that the game got pretty physical, with many big hits and a couple of fights. After every big hit or fight, more and more people in the section they were sitting in started shouting "it's just like basketball". The guy and his date left their seats between the second and third period and didn't return.

If Bettman is in charge of the NHL (no hitting league), much longer the girl will be right.

The NHL is the biggest piece of s*** league in the history of sports. All the league and Bettman are concerned about is money and ratings. They have changed the game so much in the past 10 years just to improve ratings and make more money. It is so obvious, especially in the past 2 playoff years, that the refs are making bulls*** calls late in games just to keep games tight. The league will do anything to keep every game a one goal game, including screwing a team in the ass. I live and bleed Red Wings, but this isnt only about them. I hope Gary Bettman and his wife get hit by a bus and the NHL goes back to REAL hockey instead of a popularity contest.

Um dude seriously...blaming the loss in game 5 on a NHL conspiracy is just laughable. Yes the penalty in question was a cheap call, but that is exactly how the entire game was called(consistency). The Wings pp in OT resulted from a very weak call, but I don't see any talk of conspiracies concerning that one.

The biggest reason we see powerplays in the waning minutes of games in the playoffs is because the desperation the losing team is playing with, not because of some grand scheme to keep the game close.

The Wings have nobody to blame but themselves in the loss. The refs gave them a fair shake.

Edited by TheDude

most of you misconstrued what i said. i didnt say that the nhl would perfer the ducks in the finals, i just said that they want every game to be close, so the refs make calls that favor the team thats losing late in the game. this just happened to be the ducks in game five, and also our beloved wings in game six. lets be honest, there were three s*** calls against the ducks in the last 10 minutes of game six, and the wings would have never gotten back into the game without them. the nhl is still bulls***.

Here's a good reason that the NHL wouldn't want the Ducks in the finals... they lead the league in fighting majors this year. Since many teams copy the winners during the off-season you would see a return of old tyme hockey instead of this new NHL crap

are you kidding me? there's very little fighting in playoff hockey, (just cheap shots)

old tyme hockey? if your defining that by the Broad St Bullies then no, that doesn't exist anymore, no matter who wins the cup,

if by old tyme hockey you me clutch and grab, well that's alive and well, i.e. Anaheim

Yeah these late penalty calls are stupid. I still like Hockey pre-lockout much better than post. Some of the calls and the timing of them are really bizzare.

Just let them play.

The "new" NHL resembles the "new" NBA in this way. Lots of drawing penalties and diving, theatrics, and the like. Oh, and power plays every 5 seconds. Its not even the same game it was a few years ago in alot of ways. I'm not sure how this is supposed to expand the fan-base....it seems to be doing the opposite.

Oh, and this thread title is "a piece of crap". ;)

oh what do you know, the last 4 nhl games (dertroit/anaheim game 5 and 6, and anaheim/ottowa game 1 and 2) have been one goal games and the team with the lead has been called for a penalty in the last 2 minutes of each game. is that just a coincidence? are teams with the lead all of a sudden just playing more carelessly? you are a moron if you cant see the refs making s*** calls to try to send games to overtime for ratings.

oh what do you know, the last 4 nhl games (dertroit/anaheim game 5 and 6, and anaheim/ottowa game 1 and 2) have been one goal games and the team with the lead has been called for a penalty in the last 2 minutes of each game. is that just a coincidence? are teams with the lead all of a sudden just playing more carelessly? you are a moron if you cant see the refs making s*** calls to try to send games to overtime for ratings.

:huh: Were you watching the same game I was??? Cuase the game that was on in earths Stanely Cup Finals the last 2 minutes was a majority of ducks control in the ottowa offensive zone. The ducks completely dominated the game last night in every aspect. Emery was Ottawa's savior last night. He played magnificantly. I think also the second period there was 8:30 worth of whistle-free hockey, correct me if I am wrong. I think your arguement is dead. Just be very careful before calling someone a moron but your complete post was, ironicly enough, was moronic....

:huh: Were you watching the same game I was??? Cuase the game that was on in earths Stanely Cup Finals the last 2 minutes was a majority of ducks control in the ottowa offensive zone. The ducks completely dominated the game last night in every aspect. Emery was Ottawa's savior last night. He played magnificantly. I think also the second period there was 8:30 worth of whistle-free hockey, correct me if I am wrong. I think your arguement is dead. Just be very careful before calling someone a moron but your complete post was, ironicly enough, was moronic....

:clap: What do you expect, the dumbass you responded to can't even spell hockey correctly. :lol:

:violin:

I love how absolutely everything wrong with the NHL is Gary Bettman's fault.

Everyone seems to look at the bad and not the good. Obstruction is way down. Teams are more financially secure. If Bettman was nearly as awful as everyone seems to think he is, he'd be gone. It's not Bettman's fault that hockey isn't a good game for TV.

Edited by ARice89

I love how absolutely everything wrong with the NHL is Gary Bettman's fault.

Everyone seems to look at the bad and not the good. Obstruction is way down. Teams are more financially secure. If Bettman was nearly as awful as everyone seems to think he is, he'd be gone. It's not Bettman's fault that hockey isn't a good game for TV.

That's a bad point to give, considering quite a few teams have went bankrupt under Bettmans tenure. With teams like Nashville also on the brink, it's not a good comparison.

But yeah, the rest of your points are true. I generally grow tired of the constant complaining about the NHL being only Bettmans fault. Like with suspensions. Everyone is immideatly out to blame Bettman, when really, he has no say in it at all. It's Colin Campbell who makes these decisions, but some people, who probably don't know much about hockey to begin with, blame Bettman right off the bat.

That's a bad point to give, considering quite a few teams have went bankrupt under Bettmans tenure. With teams like Nashville also on the brink, it's not a good comparison

I'm not saying under his entire tenure, I'm saying under the current CBA which is coupled with the "New NHL" that so many people seem to dislike.

Bettman, Bettman, Bettmen. Well I don't know much but are all the rules voted on? I am not sure that everything about the new game is bad, there are some things I really like. I don't like the eye for an eye theory where a team will get a penalty and then it will have to be even'd up with the other team. The biggest problem with the new rules is the consistancey of the officiating. The refs need to learn what calls to make and not make. Maybe they should just train all new ref's under only the new rules and then release the old ones. What do you think? I know it is not realistic but it might get things on an even keel.

I don't mind the cap becuase appearantly Kenny is a mastermind and makes do. I think the wings benefit from the cap, why? Well becuase players want to play for Detroit, and will do so for less. While other teams that not alot of guys want to play for will buy one or two big digs for ALOT of money and never really build a team becuase players will always come and go. So the wings benefit from the cap.

Bettmen screwed the pooch with the TV contracts, OLN, seriously. Hockey has been struggling for a while. What will it take? I guess we may never know.

The NHL is the biggest piece of s*** league in the history of sports. All the league and Bettman are concerned about is money and ratings. They have changed the game so much in the past 10 years just to improve ratings and make more money. It is so obvious, especially in the past 2 playoff years, that the refs are making bulls*** calls late in games just to keep games tight. The league will do anything to keep every game a one goal game, including screwing a team in the ass. I live and bleed Red Wings, but this isnt only about them. I hope Gary Bettman and his wife get hit by a bus and the NHL goes back to REAL hockey instead of a popularity contest.

don t hold back

If I'm not mistaken I believe a lot of the "New NHL" was a result of Shanahan's "Competition Comittee". As fo this NEW NHL you speak of, somethings I like, something's I don't ( lack of fighting, shoot outs etc..), apparently lack of attendance doesn't seem to scare the owners because I kept hearing all year long how figures were down. Tv ratings? well apparently that doesn't matter either to the owners because the 1st game of the SCF was scheduled on what is traditionally an OUTDOOR HOLIDAY, and drew LESS than a million US viewers. :crazy:

Bettman, as far as I'm concerned is only gulity of too much expansion too quickly, and not enough consistency in league wide changes that are implemented. Until the owners, Bettman, AND the players ALL get on the same page and decide to strictly go European Style Hockey, or bring back the good old days we as fans are STUCK with the "New NHL" love it , or hate it.....

If I'm not mistaken I believe a lot of the "New NHL" was a result of Shanahan's "Competition Comittee".

Obviously, Lang must have blackmailed Shanahan into starting this competition comittee to make the game easier for Lang to play. :sly: