• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Lilja deserves props

Rate this topic

He is signed on next season - so you'll get your wish.

Again, I can't believe I'm saying this but excellent! Spot on for the Wings. It seems he has taken his time being able to train with guys like Lids for the best, and though maybe it took playoff experience to bring the best out in him, what the hell. He's ours now and more power to him!

(Hopefully this just makes him more hungry for a game 6 win...)

although i won't go as far as to say that lilja doesn't deserve any blame for the loss, you really have to admire how he manned-up for it after the fact. he has really turned the corner this post season, let's hope he puts this behind him and continues to improve.

He really didn't deserve what happened to him last night. Lilja has just been awesome in these playoffs. He's been one of the most reliable defenseman on the team for the Wings.

It's just total unjustice that this happened to him. But, there is nothing you can do. That's just the way the bounces go. Them's the breaks I guess.

Heres to Lilja coming out and playing a great Game 6 tomorrow. Go Lilja! :)

You wins as a team, you lose as a team.

Time to put it in the rearview and focus on the task at hand.

That's it exactly. They play a 7 game series for a reason. I said all along I wanted them to have the toughest road possible so in the end when they get it done, there'd be no question to who's really the best. So here we go. Dom's been great, but I'm looking for the shut down effort from him and everyone that we saw in 02. It's not over by a long shot, and I hope the Ducks think it is. As far as Lilja goes, the guys been a beast, and don't think he's not going to use this as some more fire out there in 6 and 7. I'm sure he's pissed, and I wouldn't want to bring the puck down along his side. GO WINGS!

Andreas Lilja sat on the small stool at his locker and answered every reporter, looked into every bright camera light without squinting, dealt with every question (although they were mostly the same question asked over and over and over).

And that is not easy. Nor was it necessary.

Y'know, some of us around here are trying to maintain a certain level of hatred toward Lilja. Articles like this are just not helping.

Besides......Teemu Selanne? Might not be playing like he used to, but he's still Teemu Selanne. He wasn't 'right there' by accident, and he didn't accidently put Hasek's jock AND water bottle in the rafters - that guy is good.

Y'know, some of us around here are trying to maintain a certain level of hatred toward Lilja. Articles like this are just not helping.

Unless this is some kind of joke, I have to plead insanity on this. Why would you honestly go out of your way to hate a player on the Wings? Really, why?

The only reason most people didn't like Lilja before was that he played bad and showed little to no effort when he played. He completely changed that around, and is playing great. And yet, you want to find an excuse to still hate him? I don't get it.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

Never has someone been more facetious than DaKine when he was typing up that response, KP. ;)

HoH - many mahalos. I was going to bounce that response around like a ball of yarn today - now I can wash the car instead. Again - thank you.

Unless this is some kind of joke, I have to plead insanity on this. Why would you honestly go out of your way to hate a player on the Wings? Really, why?

The only reason most people didn't like Lilja before was that he played bad and showed little to no effort when he played. He completely changed that around, and is playing great. And yet, you want to find an excuse to still hate him? I don't get it.

edited for grammar

Especially when said player has elevated his game not only beyond what we thought possible, but even beyond what I believe he himself thought of himself. He found that "extra gear," He has gone beyond what we, and possibly he, thought possible. He's not only been a contributer, he's been a hero, and in the playoffs you can't ask for much more.

It just sucks that he can't enjoy his first playoff goal without the sting of irony. He isn't the first Wings player to screw the pooch in a playoff game (Paul Coffey anyone?) and won't be the last. The giveaway didn't lose them the series, rather it provided a temporary setback.

Without Lilja's goal, it would have been a 1-0 loss anyway at 47.3 left in regulation and we would have been equally as heartbroken (and started a Franzen Deserves Props thread instead). *shrug*

Just about my favorite thing in the playoffs is watching unsung or underrated or underperforming players step up their game, get the big goals, grab a little glory for once. Lilja's been doing just that, and I hope that he doesn't let one setback affect him, and that he remembers that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

What great character he showed by facing the media after the game: wow, just wow. Contrast that willingness to take the blame to that of certain Ducks players in recent memory, and you can instantly grasp which team is truly the greater: it's not always all about the final score.

GO ANDREAS in GAME 6!

Without Lilja's goal, it would have been a 1-0 loss anyway at 47.3 left in regulation and we would have been equally as heartbroken (and started a Franzen Deserves Props thread instead). *shrug*

GO ANDREAS in GAME 6!

:clap:

no, actually it probably would have been a 0-0 game going into overtime and assuming everything else woulda stayed the same, lilja would have been an even bigger goat.

It sure was a devastating way to lose a game

but you win as a team and lose as a team

Our focus should be 'How the HELL do we beat Giguere?'