• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Do IT For Lilja

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

i think that should be our moto, "do it for lilja"...man i feel bad for the dude...hes been OUTSTANDING in the playoffs, he played 18:30 of ice time last night and only had one turnover...i guess we can all guess what it is. I hope they rally around him. The way i see it, we force a game 7 its ours!!!!

I found this kind of interesting what i read...

"If the Wings really are better than the Ducks -- as they've appeared the last two games, both losses -- then they'll eventually prove it on the scoreboard, won't they?

They're down to their last opportunity, and players sounded more determined than demoralized. The Wings still have a chance because they still have Hasek and they still have Anaheim taking dizzying amounts of penalties."

I hope the team uses this as a rallying method. I feel bad for the guy too. He has been solid through the playoffs thus far.

P.s. I miss Schneider. This may be a diff. series with him on the points for the PP...

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Guest bullocks

I hope the team uses this as a rallying method. I feel bad for the guy too. He has been solid through the playoffs thus far.

P.s. I miss Schneider. This may be a diff. series with him on the points for the PP...

meh, u never know...we were hot on the PP for a bit...he misses the net alot too lol but ya of course it would be nice to have him...but i think quincey has been a nice and surprising replacement...even tho he dont play to much.

I love your quote Yzerfan1999.

Tell that to duck fans I just got bombarded by my buddies on AIM and Myspace "Ducks kicked the Wings's asses. it wasn't even a game " "The Wings don't even deserve to be in the playoffs" The Number one reason I hate the ducks is because of their fans.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

Guest bullocks

I love your quote Yzerfan1999.

Tell that to duck fans I just got bombarded by my buddies on AIM and Myspace "Ducks kicked the Wings's asses. it wasn't even a game " "The Wings don't even deserve to be in the playoffs" The Number one reason I hate the ducks is because of their fans.

tell me about it, their cocky basturds...but don't worry, when we come back you'll feel that much better.

Edited by bullocks

YEA they are!!! They seriously think that the game tying goal was skill, and that Scott planned for it to go of Nic's stick. I hope the Wings win otherwise work is going to be hell on hump day, and if a team like that lifts the cup then we'll have to find a new trophy because the cup will be ruined.

Guest bullocks

Seriously I feel heart broken for Lilja. Big time. He didn't deserve what happened, and it's absolutely in no way his fault.

You're amazing, Andreas. Keep your head up. They are going to win the next two for you!

i wouldn't say it wasnt his fault, cuz he did cough up the puck. but there should have been someone supporting him...filpulla was jus skating up the ice not paying attention...it's okay tho, not his fault in general we lost.

YEA they are!!! They seriously think that the game tying goal was skill, and that Scott planned for it to go of Nic's stick. I hope the Wings win otherwise work is going to be hell on hump day, and if a team like that lifts the cup then we'll have to find a new trophy because the cup will be ruined.

yah the ducks fans i've talked to were all like talkin s*** pretty mcuh lol a handful of them could admit they got outplayed...but for the most part their jus all retards sayin we got owned and such. we'll show them what owned is.

i wouldn't say it wasnt his fault, cuz he did cough up the puck. but there should have been someone supporting him...filpulla was jus skating up the ice not paying attention...it's okay tho, not his fault in general we lost.

yah the ducks fans i've talked to were all like talkin s*** pretty mcuh lol a handful of them could admit they got outplayed...but for the most part their jus all retards sayin we got owned and such. we'll show them what owned is.

Ducks fans need to realize it's better off not to get too cocky, because it always, and I mean always will come back to bite 'em in the ass.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

Ducks fans need to realize it's better off not to get too cocky, because it always, and I mean always will come back to bite 'em in the ass.

hopefully we do the biting in the ass ;)

Guest bullocks

I really think this team is looking at an '02 repeat. To eerily familiar with the way this game ended, and where the series is at. Dom will close the door over the next 2 games.

Do it for Lilja!

that's what were all hoping lol

I mentioned the same thing in the other Lilja thread ("Lilja deserves props"). I hope we rally around Lilja and support him better than we did vs. Selanne in that play. He has elevated his play so much I think he deserves at least consideration of playoff MVP (we'll see if anything comes of that if Wings make finals...). He made a mistake, it happens, and I would say about 75% chance it wasn't his fault (bad OT ice a big factor) but it doesn't change how big this guy has played all playoffs long. If I had to list the heroes of this playoffs it would be Cleary, Lilja, Cheli, and Holmstrom.

Look I feel bad for the guy too, but he didn't play it safe. Skating the puck out of his own end was the wrong decision. I don't know where you guys are coming from when you say it isn't his fault. Lidstrom, Chelios, Schnider all would not make that mistake, they would have put it off the glass and out of the zone no problem. Its his fault..

I do hope the wings use this as a rallying point though, and I hope this does not affect Lilja's game, and learned not to be so predictiable.

Go Wings

Thank you LGW members for reinforcing my faith in you!

At the beginning of the year and during much of the season, Lilja was being bashed a lot, and it feels good to read that the majority is still behind the players, individually and collectively!

DETROIT WHAT!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Guest jaytan

"Lose it with Lilja" seems like a more appropriate phrase.

:angry:

I don't put all the blame on him, but I'm not exactly in a good mood about the guy today.

I don't put all the blame on him, but I'm not exactly in a good mood about the guy today.

None of the blame should go on ANY of the Wings, especially not him. The guy has played his ass off, he is the only one that scored for the Wings yesterday. Even with him slipping up the puck, he is the Wing that deserves to be criticized least.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

should have never got to that point.

should have never got to that point.

Yeah, Lidstrom should know how to block a shot. Never, never, NEVER with your stick. Always with the body. If you're not going to get your body in the way, get out of the way and let the goalie see the shot! He should have known better...

Get 'em in games 6 and 7!

In it to win it for Bobert!

Go Robbie "rotten" Lang!

Do I blame Lil' Ja for going up the middle all game long... HELL YEAH!

Do I blame Lil' Ja for being put in that position in OT... HELL NO! You don't block shots with your stick... entire body or nothing at all.. Brain farts can cost series.

Edited by OsGOD

Gut check time. Every player accounted for. 1 win.

Lilja goofed up, and Franzen seconds before him. But I can't bash either guy, they've showed up all playoffs for us.

Win!

Edited by motorcitykid

In it to win it for Bobert!

Go Robbie "rotten" Lang!

Do I blame Lil' Ja for going up the middle all game long... HELL YEAH!

Do I blame Lil' Ja for being put in that position in OT... HELL NO! You don't block shots with your stick... entire body or nothing at all.. Brain farts can cost series.

It's a little different when you're defending a 6-on-4. The circumstances are completely different than 5-on-5.

If Lids puts his body in front of the shot, it leaves 1 (or possibly 2) open guys right at the goal mouth. Lids was playing a great positional angle, and it was just unlucky.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25