• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Do IT For Lilja

Rate this topic

It's a little different when you're defending a 6-on-4. The circumstances are completely different than 5-on-5.

If Lids puts his body in front of the shot, it leaves 1 (or possibly 2) open guys right at the goal mouth. Lids was playing a great positional angle, and it was just unlucky.

Well then you take the other option... don't block it at all... let the goalie handle the unobstructed shot. I understand not wanting to give up position... but offering yourself to be the one to deflect the puck in is also not a wise move... he might as well been wearing a ducks jersey and screening hasek himself.. Have faith your goalie will be able to stop that type of shot, by being in position and let him handle it.

Well then you take the other option... don't block it at all... let the goalie handle the unobstructed shot. I understand not wanting to give up position... but offering yourself to be the one to deflect the puck in is also not a wise move... he might as well been wearing a ducks jersey and screening hasek himself.. Have faith your goalie will be able to stop that type of shot, by being in position and let him handle it.

Understandable, but don't forget that there were two different Ducks players on each side of the goalie, thus forcing Dom to play deeper in the crease. Because of that, he wasn't able to be in the position to cut off the angle of Niedermayer's shot. There isn't a goalie in the league that would stop a wrist shot that point blank, while the tender was forced to play practically along the goal line.

While I understand and agree that a stick in the way can sometimes cause problems like it did in Game 5, you still have to remember it was essentially a 3-on-1 since the rest of our guys were defending too close to the blue line.

Lilja's wearing the big ol' set of goat horns, that's for sure. A defenceman never cuts in front of his net and tries to stick-handle... He should be trying to play well for the team.

Understandable, but don't forget that there were two different Ducks players on each side of the goalie, thus forcing Dom to play deeper in the crease. Because of that, he wasn't able to be in the position to cut off the angle of Niedermayer's shot. There isn't a goalie in the league that would stop a wrist shot that point blank, while the tender was forced to play practically along the goal line.

While I understand and agree that a stick in the way can sometimes cause problems like it did in Game 5, you still have to remember it was essentially a 3-on-1 since the rest of our guys were defending too close to the blue line.

Now I know this is Monday Tuesday morning afternoon coaching... but realisically Dom always has the lower portion of the net covered.... Lids stick was close to the ground... Had it not touched lids stick, the puck would have been a routine one the ground save for Dom.

The only time I authorize Lids to use his stick to block shots is when he is behind Dom and he is the last line of defense Literaly :P Other than that, he is going against my rules :lol:

Edited by OsGOD

Now I know this is Monday Tuesday morning afternoon coaching... but realisically Dom always has the lower portion of the net covered.... Lids stick was flush to the ground... Had it not touched lids stick, the puck would have been a routine one the ground save for Dom.

The only time I authorize Lids to use his stick to block shots is when he is behind Dom and he is the last line of defense Literaly :P Other than that, he is going against my rules :lol:

If you watch the replay Dom did not have the entire lower portion of the net covered. It could have just as easily slid by the left side of his pads, with Dom being unable to react that fast.

If you watch the replay Dom did not have the entire lower portion of the net covered. It could have just as easily slid by the left side of his pads, with Dom being unable to react that fast.

Well dammit dom... what they hell were you doing... you own the lower part of the net.... its the above knee high that we should have to worry about. I don't blame Lids at all now... Dom wasn't doing his job covering the ice level portion of the net and this is what caused the chain of events :lol:

Edited by OsGOD

Well dammit dom... what they hell were you doing... you own the lower part of the net.... its the above knee high that we should have to worry about. I don't blame Lids at all now... Dom wasn't doing his job covering the ice level portion of the net and this is what caused the chain of events :lol:

What's your problem Os? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you need to get cocky. Can't we have a rational discussion without it turning to poking insults?

Anyway, I'm not blaming Dom. Where did you come up with that? What I'm saying is that both Dom and Lids were in a bad, no-win situation having it be a 3-on-1 with Ducks on either side of Dom. It didn't leave very many options for either player, and forced both guys back. Don't put words in my mouth.

What's your problem Os? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you need to get cocky. Can't we have a rational discussion without it turning to poking insults?

Anyway, I'm not blaming Dom. Where did you come up with that? What I'm saying is that both Dom and Lids were in a bad, no-win situation having it be a 3-on-1 with Ducks on either side of Dom. It didn't leave very many options for either player, and forced both guys back. Don't put words in my mouth.

I wasn't getting all cocky nor was I poking insults at you.... Somebody is to blame.. I orginally thought Lids.... But after your explaination I am shifting my blame to hasek as I am truely shocked that Dom didn't have his lower position covered... which if that was the case caused Lids to make the faitful error in judgement to try to block a shot as if he was interupting a pass on a 2 on 1.

I know you weren't blaming Dom, I am sorry if I made it sound that my thoughts were coming out of your mouth. You haven't bashed dom all season... me on the other hand am the exact oposite ;) While others have been oogling over his play this post season I see him as being nothing we didn't see from Joseph a few years ago, except Dom has worse stats... the diffrence makers in this years playoffs are our goal scoring... He is the king of ice level... having that covered at all times is the least I expect from him.... Sorry if I made it sound like you were saying that.. I will take all the heat from that comment as I fully stand by it... Dom sure had Ice level covered (and in record time I might add) after Lil' Ja's give away, didn't he? Shoot high you score... aim low you don't. Always has been that way against Dom, just so many players haven't seem to figured that one out yet. And then I will throw in my obligatory reply saying... "I hope he proves me wrong tonight".

But alas this is not about dom or lids... its about Lil' Ja, I guess. So I will have to say, that unless he carries it up the middle again... I will forgive him. Anyways while this thread is root for Lil' Ja ... everyone knows that you better support Bobert if you want a win tonight....

GET YOUR BOB ON!

Edited by OsGOD

I wasn't getting all cocky nor was I poking insults at you.... Somebody is to blame.. I orginally thought Lids.... But after your explaination I am shifting my blame to hasek as I am truely shocked that Dom didn't have his lower position covered... which if that was the case caused Lids to make the faitful error in judgement to try to block a shot as if he was interupting a pass on a 2 on 1.

I know you weren't blaming Dom, I am sorry if I made it sound that my thoughts were coming out of your mouth. You haven't bashed dom all season... me on the other hand am the exact oposite ;) While others have been oogling over his play this post season I see him as being nothing we didn't see from Joseph a few years ago, except Dom has worse stats... the diffrence makers in this years playoffs are our goal scoring... He is the king of ice level... having that covered at all times is the least I expect from him.... Sorry if I made it sound like you were saying that.. I will take all the heat from that comment as I fully stand by it... Dom sure had Ice level covered (and in record time I might add) after Lil' Ja's give away, didn't he? Shoot high you score... aim low you don't. Always has been that way against Dom, just so many players haven't seem to figured that one out yet. And then I will throw in my obligatory reply saying... "I hope he proves me wrong tonight".

But alas this is not about dom or lids... its about Lil' Ja, I guess. So I will have to say, that unless he carries it up the middle again... I will forgive him. Anyways while this thread is root for Lil' Ja ... everyone knows that you better support Bobert if you want a win tonight....

GET YOUR BOB ON!

Cheers

Agreed....Get Your Lang On!!!

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I really think this team is looking at an '02 repeat. To eerily familiar with the way this game ended, and where the series is at. Dom will close the door over the next 2 games.

Do it for Lilja!

:clap: me too.. Dom let's in no more than 2, and our offense gets kicking. In regards to the Ducks in general.. for the most part the team themselves sans Prongy's one mistake, has been mysteriously clean and straight-forward hockey. I applaud the team for that. I think one of the main reasons is respect. You can sorta tell they respect the Wings skill.. so much so that it nearly cost them in the last two games.

I expect something different tonight though.. keep your heads up boys.

Yeah, I felt terrible for Lilja too. He has been awesome in these playoffs so far. We can't look at what happened last game, we need to look at whats gonna happen tonight, and that is the wings are gonna kick the ducks ass!

GO WINGS GO!!!