• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan_54

'WE BELIEVE' Positive Thread

Rate this topic

Anyone else notice that we play better when the opposition scores first rather than when we score first? We can come back and win this series no doubt we play better when facing adversity. Winning will take care of itself as long as you have pride and class which we have.

Ok, I'm usually too shy to start anything with the word 'official' in it... But I think now it's time. I've been missing sleep and making sacrifices to watch or listen to all of the Wings' games so far in the playoffs. I'm not giving up on them now! We are the better team, and we've got a big chance to prove it; a great team is a team that wins through adversity.

I think if we can get by Giguere, as we did in game 3 (but don't forget we scored 3 goals in both games 2 and 4), then we are just facing an average team that does nothing but speculate on the opponent's mistakes. So why don't we fly to Anaheim and kick some Duck-asses?!?!?

I truly believe we can do it; I have to believe, otherwise I should have slept more and just checked the scores the following morning. Anyone who BELIEVES post their thoughts here. Our guys deserve some faith!

Funny how loyal a single person can be to a professional sports team. I cannot sleep at all, pondering what happened today. Replays going through my head, etc.

I pray to the lord that this season doesn't end until Lidstrom receives that 35 pound Cup we call Stanley. This has just been too good and promising to end like this.

I BELIEVE, GO WINGS GO!

Guest bullocks

Funny how loyal a single person can be to a professional sports team. I cannot sleep at all, pondering what happened today. Replays going through my head, etc.

I pray to the lord that this season doesn't end until Lidstrom receives that 35 pound Cup we call Stanley. This has just been too good and promising to end like this.

I BELIEVE, GO WINGS GO!

i can't even watch any sports highlights thta i watch nightly because i can't deal with seeing them lose like that. i can barely go on sports sites and read s*** just because i'm reminded of it.

but hey, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe, everyone in my family thinks it is over, I however seem to be the skeptic but I like our chances this could be great, go into there building and shove it down there throats and come home for game 7, were I think we can handle them.

What makes me feel a little better is that if Lidstrom's stick was turned just a little bit the other way, this wouldn't have happened.

And that if Lilja didn't turn it over, we at least could have extended OT some more to win.

It's nothing the Ducks did... it's the things we did. If we don't make those ticky-tack mistakes, we can defeat the Ducks.

What makes me feel a little better is that if Lidstrom's stick was turned just a little bit the other way, this wouldn't have happened.

And that if Lilja didn't turn it over, we at least could have extended OT some more to win.

It's nothing the Ducks did... it's the things we did. If we don't make those ticky-tack mistakes, we can defeat the Ducks.

Ya thats all true and the ducks just got lucky in OT there.

I would hardly consider Lidstrom's stick deflecting the puck like that a "ticky-tacky mistake". Lids was at no fault there. Maybe you were just referring to the Lilja play.

That being said, I would completely agree that the Wings have beaten themselves these past two games. If they eliminate the mental errors, and continue to play like they have, they'll take games 6 & 7.

Guest bullocks

yes, that makes us all feel so much better.

I was diehard in the late 70s all through the 80s and 90s,you think I don't believe.I am one of those fans who have really seen it all.I was a Red Wing fan back when they were the laughing stock of the NHL.But hey I loved them anyway's.When they won their first cup in the 96-97 season I was kicking and screaming all the way through it all.All that day I was in a diffrent world.Man what a great ride the Wings have givin me,I will allway's love my RED WINGS.

I now they can beat the Ducks two in a row,so why be nervous(cause anyone with half a brain would be)but I still believe.