• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hoogs

Even if we lose game 6, the future is very bright for this team

Rate this topic

Lets be honest, most of us thought we would be lucky to make the playoffs this year before the season. We had quite a few unproven players in the lineup and Datsyuk was coming off another bad playoff year.

But now with players like Flip, Franzen, Hudler, Lebda stepping it up this team has a very bright future. I think if we get rid of the dead weight (Lang I'm looking at you) and add a player or two (Grigs should be a nice addition) and sign Hasek for one more year I think this team could be a favorite going into next season.

I guess what I'm saying is, win or lose I'm very happy with this team's performance and look forward to the next few years as our young player develope, and hopefully we can get one of our young goaltenders going as well to round it out.

That being said, it aint over til its over and Im pretty excited about game 6............LETS GO WINGS :clap:

Good post,and i agree they are getting good playoff experience. With Dats and Zetts doing there regular season game, i feel more comfortable. But like above poster said, its not over yet. We are the better team, and should prevail.

Get rid of:

Robert Lang

Kyle Calder

Matthieu Schneider

Don't resign Dom.

Then the future is brighter.

:lol:

Don't re-sign Dom? You've got to be kidding with how well he's been this season and including how much he's being paid.

Also, I'd take Schneider back in a heartbeat given the right amount.

Hasek is going to be 43 and he is injury-prone. Plus, he is going to cost the Wings a fortune. Sorry, but if I am Ken Holland here...I play money ball and bring in a cheaper, younger goalie.

:lol:

Don't re-sign Dom? You've got to be kidding with how well he's been this season and including how much he's being paid.

Also, I'd take Schneider back in a heartbeat given the right amount.

Hasek is going to be 43 and he is injury-prone. Plus, he is going to cost the Wings a fortune. Sorry, but if I am Ken Holland here...I play money ball and bring in a cheaper, younger goalie.

Please explain to me why Dom will cost a fortune next season.

Earlier in your post, you stated the obvious: He's age and health questions.

What goalies are going to be free-agents? Isn't Giguere?

Yes

Even though the future looks bright the last thing on my mind is the wings going down in game 6. Were gonna win this thing. We played awesome yesterday and its gonna carry over to next game and then the next. Wings in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I understand the sentiment, I cringe seeing these threads until the season is over. It's almost like an acknowledgment that the season has concluded. Here's hoping it hasn't. :sly:

Take these next 2 boys!

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Anyone think Bertuzzi comes back? I have a feeling he is re-signed, but does anyone know the compensation that goes to Vancouver for Bert? Also keep in mind Zetts is an UFA the next year, and the Wings aren't letting him go anywhere, so that might factor into this off-season.

The good news is there aren't a lot of glaring holes, and this team looks good to go.

Anyone think Bertuzzi comes back? I have a feeling he is re-signed, but does anyone know the compensation that goes to Vancouver for Bert? Also keep in mind Zetts is an UFA the next year, and the Wings aren't letting him go anywhere, so that might factor into this off-season.

The good news is there aren't a lot of glaring holes, and this team looks good to go.

You're pretty off with this bolded statement.

Berts compensation would go to Florida, and Z is locked up for 2 more seasons.

I am already satisfied with our post season performance, however i do believe that we're the better team in this series and definitely deserve to and hopefully will win.

Deleted.

The future is definitely bright in Detroit their youngsters have really stepped up big and the pieces are there for some real damage in the coming years. Flippula looks like a man among boys at times and Franzen, and Lebda are very impressive also. The puck is definitely bouncing the ducks way,but the wings have a lot of fight in them. Should be a great game 6.

You're pretty off with this bolded statement.

Berts compensation would go to Florida, and Z is locked up for 2 more seasons.

LOL...my bad I don't know what I was thinking. I meant Florida. And that's awesome that Hank is locked-up for two more seasons, that gives the Wings even more room to work with. Anyone have any idea the cap space the Wings are looking at for the off-season?

I still think this team is a tough defenseman away.

The loss of Fish is huge, I think we easily beat Anaheim with him.

I think we need to pick up some more depth and strength on D.

I think we dump Lang and Schneider and get some tougher D guys.

Guest bullocks

Lets be honest, most of us thought we would be lucky to make the playoffs this year before the season. We had quite a few unproven players in the lineup and Datsyuk was coming off another bad playoff year.

But now with players like Flip, Franzen, Hudler, Lebda stepping it up this team has a very bright future. I think if we get rid of the dead weight (Lang I'm looking at you) and add a player or two (Grigs should be a nice addition) and sign Hasek for one more year I think this team could be a favorite going into next season.

I guess what I'm saying is, win or lose I'm very happy with this team's performance and look forward to the next few years as our young player develope, and hopefully we can get one of our young goaltenders going as well to round it out.

That being said, it aint over til its over and Im pretty excited about game 6............LETS GO WINGS :clap:

i for one, knew the wings would be a top 4 team in the western conference. i'm not sure what this "most of us thought we would be lucky to make the playoffs" crap...i don't think the wings not making the playoffs crossed anyones mind once.

i for one, knew the wings would be a top 4 team in the western conference. i'm not sure what this "most of us thought we would be lucky to make the playoffs" crap...i don't think the wings not making the playoffs crossed anyones mind once.

The wings are consistently a home-ice team and they will be next year. All of this talk of the new nhl and parity entering the league is just talk. The same teams that were strong in the pre-salary cap era are leading the way today for the most part and thats not gonna change,because these teams such as detroit draft well,pick up the right players in free agency,and have a winning tradition that won't go away.

Guest bullocks

The wings are consistently a home-ice team and they will be next year. All of this talk of the new nhl and parity entering the league is just talk. The same teams that were strong in the pre-salary cap era are leading the way today for the most part and thats not gonna change,because these teams such as detroit draft well,pick up the right players in free agency,and have a winning tradition that won't go away.

sounds to me ppl are coming up with this bs, so IF the wings lose they wont feel as bad. but ya, we won the president's trophy last yr, but were going to miss the playoffs this year. right.

Maybe. I think you will start seeing parity with the big stars ... teams can't load up like in the past, which means everyone gets some. It'll take a few years until all the big names go through contract negotiations, but I think what we're seeing in Buffalo with Briere/Drury is the beginning. What I think this does, though, is bring to the forefront what has always been true in my mind - what makes a championship team is the role players. Obviously the scouting, drafting, and grooming is going to be a huge factor, because this is how teams find the young and inexpensive players that fill out the roster. And this is why many of the traditionally strong organizations, ourselves included, will continue to flourish.