• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

30 Seconds of Failure

Rate this topic

Yes, I have blmaed players and coaches in the past for games lost. I would blame Lilja, but his goal kept us in it and they cancel eaach other out; and adding his stepped up play, he comes out ahead IMO.

However, no one player is to blame for yesterday's loss, there was 30 seconds of play where the Wings did not have control. 2 goals in 30 seconds. One goal in a 6 on 4 situation that should not have happened, no one player (Franzen) can be blamed, in that situaiton, where icing is the PERFECT play, no one could do what was necessary.

The other goal, no defensive help for Dom, all the Wings were concentrating on scoring a goal, a bad decision while still in your own zone.

The Wings were the better team yesterday. They can still win, although the odds are not in their favor. Everyone keeps saying "remember 02 vs. Colorado." I remember, the Wings were a much better team in 02. The Avs were also a much better team than the present Ducks. It can be done. Personally, I give them a 2:1 shot at winning the next 2 games. The key is to play 60:00 minutes of hockey, not 59:30.

Yes, I have blmaed players and coaches in the past for games lost. I would blame Lilja, but his goal kept us in it and they cancel eaach other out; and adding his stepped up play, he comes out ahead IMO.

However, no one player is to blame for yesterday's loss, there was 30 seconds of play where the Wings did not have control. 2 goals in 30 seconds. One goal in a 6 on 4 situation that should not have happened, no one player (Franzen) can be blamed, in that situaiton, where icing is the PERFECT play, no one could do what was necessary.

The other goal, no defensive help for Dom, all the Wings were concentrating on scoring a goal, a bad decision while still in your own zone.

The Wings were the better team yesterday. They can still win, although the odds are not in their favor. Everyone keeps saying "remember 02 vs. Colorado." I remember, the Wings were a much better team in 02. The Avs were also a much better team than the present Ducks. It can be done. Personally, I give them a 2:1 shot at winning the next 2 games. The key is to play 60:00 minutes of hockey, not 59:30.

Don't you mean 59:12? :P

Sidenote: Even though you claim to not be placing the blame on individuals, you sure seem to be in your post.

It only takes one second to win a hockey game. The Wings could play for 59:59, and if JS plays like he did in the last game and we fail to capitalize on 5 power plays (not to mention 5 on 3s!), it just won't matter if the Ducks capitalize on the one second we give them.

I'm having flashbacks of Edmonton. :crazy:

Edited by zettermaberg

It only takes one second to win a hockey game. The Wings could play for 59:59, and if JS plays like he did in the last game and we fail to capitalize on 5 power plays (not to mention 5 on 3s!), it just won't matter if the Ducks capitalize on the one second we give them.

I'm having flashbacks of Edmonton. :crazy:

Game 6 against Edmonton was like 20 seconds, not one.